Author Topic: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 24441 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2021, 06:48:08 AM »
Oh yay! Let’s go $749!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2021, 11:45:56 AM »
I'mma go with $1,234, please

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2021, 12:32:07 PM »
Glad to be up here! Let's go with $1,579

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 01:30:14 PM »
I'll bid $1,299 on the dishwasher that thinks it's better than me.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2021, 05:34:34 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

All four bids are in, and the actual retail price of that dishwasher is...

And TPIRfan#9821, that is YOUR dishwasher!

Congratulations, #9821! Won't you come up on stage with me to the big doors? We'd like for you to do some more winning.

Now, #9821, you've placed the first bid of the show, and you've won the first price of the show, and I would LOOOOVE for you to win the first pricing game of the show. And what do we have for him, AnnouncerTron?

*cue Amen, Brother Herbert*

It's a new computer and an off-road ATV!

Access golden-road.net in style with this 27" iMac computer! Featuring a 512GB SSD, 16GB of RAM and a 10 gigabit Ethernet port, this computer is perfect for creating Pinterest albums, basic word processing, and scrolling through Twitter! But we've also included a Magic Trackpad 2, in case you'd like to do any of that artsy-fartsy stuff a Mac can do.

And, an off-road ATV! The 2021 KYMCO Mongoose comes equipped with a fully automatic four-stroke 270cc engine, rated for riders perfect 14 and up. The perfect getaway vehicle for when you need to evade the authorities in the desert. Back to you, gamesurf!

Thanks, AnnouncerTron! And #9821, you can win both the computer and the ATV if you're able to Do the Math! And not only will you win both prizes, you'll also win some cash as well! Look at that monitor in between those two prizes, how much cash are we offering #9821 today?

*DING!*

$1,300! Now, #9821, the prizes and the cash, if read left to right, form a mathematical equation. We know that the computer belongs on the left, we know that the ATV belongs to the right of the equals sign, and we know that the cash belongs in the middle. We just need to know what sign belongs in between the computer and the cash. A plus sign, or a minus sign?

Either the price of the computer PLUS $1,300 equals the price of the ATV, or, the price of the computer MINUS $1,300 equals the price of the ATV. All you need to do to win is tell us which symbol--plus or minus--belongs in the equation, and you'll win the cash and both prizes!

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2021, 05:53:54 PM »
*from crowd*

I feel like all my previous experience is telling me it should be plus, so that's what I'll suggest. But with Apple products, no price is out of the question.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2021, 06:17:08 PM »
Thank goodness I don't have to play this awful pricing game!

I'm not positive, but that looks like a small ATV to me. And the iMac has a solid state drive, so my instinct would be to say minus. But again, I'm only somewhat confident about that.

(And the cash amount is a nice, round number -- the way it should be!)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2021, 07:36:13 PM »
Um... S&P? Literally both of those prizes showed up in the episode that aired today, lol?

No matter. The show prices the base iMac at $2,299, and the Mongoose at $4,099. I get that it's Apple and you added extra options (mainly doubled the ram, the magic trackpad, and I think the base has only a single gigabit ethernet port), and I think the Mongoose website puts it at a little cheaper, but I'm just going to add my way to victory, and just do my part in taking away from the budget.

Anyways, I'm just going to walk toward my prizes now.

*mounts onto ATV and pantomimes my worst cowboy impression, letting out a terrible YEE-HAW!*

(Nice graphics btw!)
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2021, 08:40:12 PM »
The audience is split, but #9821 says it's a plus, and he says it with confidence! Put a plus on that board!

You seem to be very familiar with this model of computer. Let's find out if you're right! First off, what is the price of the computer?

$2,649. Now, you seem pretty sure about that ATV, too. If that ATV is $3,949, you're a winner. Does #9821 have it?

*DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!*

He does! You played that perfectly! Ladies and gentlemen, this is proof that it pays to watch The Price is Right! This setup and these prizes has been locked in since before the thread ever began, and the answer aired right on the show. How about that? Almost $8,000 in prizes won!

*Dwayne, with a pained look on his face, scribbles furiously on his clipboard*

Will our next winner get the answer straight from the show that aired today? Let's find out! AnnouncerTron, what's the next name on your list?

How about LiteBulb88? COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Welcome, LiteBulb! That red spot is a lucky one, it should serve you well going into another Item Up For Bids. What'll it be, AnnouncerTron?

*cue Jive Walk*

It's a futuristic electric skateboard!

Garnish your Instagram feed with some videos of you riding the OneWheel+ XR! This electric skateboard features three gyroscopes and three accelerometers to ensure you'll always keep your balance and features a top speed of 18 miles per hour, and can handle any terrain, whether gravel, sand, or dirt! Hang up the unicycle and put away the pogo stick, there's a new way to get to work on time!

And LiteBulb, as our newcomer to the row, you get the first bid on that!

"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 08:56:02 PM »
$500 please!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2021, 11:52:25 PM »
No way that thing is only $500, let's try $1,006

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2021, 12:20:45 AM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

123123123, over to you!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2021, 06:23:15 AM »
Hmm, let's go with $1,579 please

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2021, 07:37:34 AM »
My first thought was $499, but obviously I shouldn't say that now. I'll bid $549.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2021, 08:28:36 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

Some bids are low, some bids are high, but the Actual Retail Price is...

$1,799, and that means Numbers is our winner!

Numbers, won't you follow me up on stage? Now, you've already won one wheel that you can use for transportation. Surely you don't have need for any more? Well, I don't know if we could interest you in this next prize... What do we have for him, AnnouncerTron?

Oh, I don't know, how about...

A NEW CAR!!!

*cue Bean Stalker*

The 2021 Nissan Sentra S! Comes with standard equipment plus 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine, automatic transmission, four wheel drive, all-season floor mats, stem caps, and steel license plate frame! A terrific prize worth $19,637!

And Numbers, you can win that beautiful automobile playing Let 'Em Roll!

Now, in that bucket we have five dice. Each die has three faces with that car symbol on it. And each die also has one face each with $500 cash, $1,000 cash, and $1,500 cash. Numbers, in a few brief moments, I'll have you roll all five dice, and if you can manage to roll five car symbols, you will be driving home in that car!

I'll give you one roll of the dice just for coming up on stage, but you can win up to two more rolls if you know a little something about these products over here.

First, this hand soap! Don't let your eyes deceive you! Add some decoration zest to your kitchen with this custom-made hand soap which comes in the shape, but not the flavor, of bacon and eggs.

Next, Pain Bloc 24 pain pen, target treatment for pain relief! Ideal for hands, wrists, and other small joints. Pain Bloc 24, use as directed!

And finally, feel like a kid in a caramel shoppe again with this 5 oz. bag of Werther's Original Caramels! Made with real butter and fresh cream for a taste that always makes you feel like someone very special. It's more than sweet, a little piece of bliss, Werther's Original! Back to you, gamesurf!

And if I were interested in purchasing hand soap in the shape of bacon and eggs, how much would that cost me?

*DING!*

$8.00! Now, Numbers, in order to earn an additional roll of the dice, you tell me, is the pain pen higher or lower than $8.00?