Author Topic: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 24449 times)

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2021, 08:43:30 PM »
AW, you meanie, leaving things up to essentially a 50-50 instead of letting us guarantee our way to ruin the budget.  :P

*peanut gallery*

Higher, and then lower!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2021, 09:30:26 PM »
Soap that looks like food is one of those ideas that seems like it really shouldn't exist. I'll say that the pain relief is more expensive than the tasty looking soap.

Also, I know you didn't specifically ask but if the pain relief is $9+, I'll say the candy is lower. Actually scratch that, even if my first decision is somehow wrong, I'll say the candy is lower.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2021, 11:17:09 PM »
He says the pain pen is more expensive than the soap, and he is...

*DING!*

...right, and that gives him two rolls! Now, Numbers, I'll give you another roll if you can--oh, he wants lower! I don't even have to ask, he knows the candy is less expensive, and he is...

...right again! Numbers has three rolls in tow! He has the best chance possible chance of winning a car, and here he goes heading up those stairs. Take the whole bucket, dump its contents down the ramp, and Let 'Em Roll!

[Numbers, before the show we randomly assigned each die face to a letter A, B, C, D, E, or F. Give me five letters A-F, repeats allowed.]
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2021, 12:04:44 AM »
(yells from the audience)

Spell fun words with your random picks! CEDED! DECAF! BEEEF!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2021, 05:40:17 AM »
FACED please

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2021, 11:57:17 AM »
And you have...

...well, no car just yet. But you have one car and $500, $1,000, $2,000, $3,000 bucks.

Now, we'll freeze the one car you have. You have two rolls remaining, and you're free to roll again if you like. But I'll let you keep the $3,000 if you give up the car and stop rolling right now. What do you say?

[If you decide to roll on, give me four more letters A-F]
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2021, 11:59:36 AM »
Let's roll again with AACC

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2021, 12:19:14 PM »
And as the dice tumble down, you're going to end up with...

*DING! DING!*

Two more car symbols! All right, 123³, last chance! You can take $2,000 to quit right now or roll the dice one final time, what'll it be?

[Again, two letters A-F if you continue]

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2021, 12:21:35 PM »
I can't quit now! Let's go with BB

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »
He's not quitting! He's going for the car! All we need are two more car symbols. Audience, we need your energy! We want a car! We want a car! Send your good vibes!

For all the marbles, Numbers, get two more car symbols! Roll those dice!

Well, the bad news is, no car. The good news? You're leaving here $1,500 richer. And do I detect a sigh of relief from those in Contestant's Row?

We'll be back with more Price is Right following this announcement!

*Dwayne pulls his handkerchief out of his pocket and wipes the sweat from his forehead, his visibly pained expression relaxing*

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »
AnnouncerTron, as I was saying before the break those three in Contestant's Row looked to be quite happy when 123³ won that $1,500. How nice it is to see our contestants are willing cheer on each other, no matter what they win!

Who do you have in the audience that can match that comradery? Do you know of anyone?

Sure do! geniusinmath, COME ON DOWN! You are the next contestant on The Price is Right!

geniusinmath, welcome to Contestant's Row! Welcome to the row of brotherly love! We've got another prize for you to bid on, and here it is!

It's a cutting-edge pellet grill!

The Traeger Timberline 850! Controllable via Wi-Fi, this pellet grill smokes food slowly but burns hot enough to sear food quickly, even in the dead of winter, and featuring three racks and enough space to grill nine chickens at a time! Prove to your neighbors that you're serious about your BBQ and your freezer full of meat wasn't just a vanity purchase!

And genius, at the yellow podium, the first bid goes to you!

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »
$1,800.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2021, 02:42:15 PM »
$1,499?

(The question mark does not denote an unidentified fifth digit; rather, it indicates my uncertainty in my bid.)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2021, 03:02:44 PM »
$970.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2021, 01:58:18 AM »
I have no clue, so let's go $988