Author Topic: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 25311 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2021, 09:54:48 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

Bids are in, LiteBulb has his customary $970, I see.

Now, the Actual Retail--

*CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG!*

Oh!

Oh!

What have we here? One of you has bid exactly right!

And that person will receive a cool $500 bonus for their trouble!

Could it be LiteBulb's $970? Could it be Scott's hesitant $1,499? The last IUFB was $1,799, could we get an $1,800 one immediately following it?

Well, I'll tell you now. The $500 bonus and the grill go to the player who bid...

And geniusinmath wastes no time getting out of Contestant's Row!

Welcome, genius! As promised, here are five crisp, clean, $100 bills! Well done on that bid! Let me see your name tag--you say you're a genius in math? Well, I have bad news and I have good news. The bad news is that we've already played Do the Math today, so unfortunately you won't be playing that.

The good news is that you're going to become the first-ever player to play a brand new game! And you just might prove to be a genius in this game, too! And if you are able to do that, you'll win THIS!

It's a trip to Tokyo!

You and a guest will fly round-trip, coach, on Japan Airlines from Los Angeles to Tokyo, where you'll enjoy a 6-night stay at the Tokyo Edition. Enjoy the sights of the luxurious Toronamon district, within walking distance of the THK National Museum of Broadcasting as well as the Japan Sake and Shochu Information Center. We've also included a guided day trip to Mt. Fuji, as well as a personal taxi tour of the city!

And geniusinmath, you can win that trip to Tokyo by playing Around The World!

Now, as you can see here, we currently have a price of $3,795 on that trip to Tokyo. That price is WRONG. In order to correct it, you will have to send some numbers AROUND THE WORLD!

For example, you might decide to send the 5 around the world...

...and form a price of $5,379 for the trip.

Or, you could send the 9 around the world with it...

...forming a price of $9,357.

Finally, you might decide to send the 7 around the world with the other two...

...and that would put the price at $7,953.

If you can set the price correctly, you'll win the trip! Just make sure you DON'T leave it at $3,795.

Special thanks to mbetush for the original game concept.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:08:05 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2021, 10:12:08 PM »
Blech. Left a typo in that I can't edit out now.

...forming a price of $9,357.

That should read $9,537. The graphic is correct, the text is not. We'll have our copy editors spayed and neutered.
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2021, 10:15:27 PM »
*peanut gallery*

Watching the bottom graphic several times, for some reason, I see the background flash blue a couple times at $9,537. Even if that sounds a bit pricey, I'd pick that just because it would be hilarious if Dwayne has to deal with losing a $9.5k trip because the stagehand screwed up.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2021, 10:23:43 PM »
That would be my gif compression software failing after Photoshop spit out a 32MB gif and I needed to quickly compress that into something an image hosting site would accept. :D

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2021, 01:14:17 AM »
Last show I did, a 4 night Tokyo trip was $5k, so using some rough estimation for 6 nights...

*yells $7,953 from crowd*

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2021, 07:18:05 AM »
I am going to take a wild guess and say $7,953. I haven't been to Japan.  I would love to learn Japanese if I win.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2021, 06:30:27 PM »

Genius, after some deliberation, says $7,953 is the price of the trip.

Now, take a look at what's in that door. ModelBot 40000 has the price of the trip in the trunk. If the price is $7,953, ​you're on your way to Tokyo! Come on, ModelBot, show us something good!

*BUZZ!* bom bom bom bom... WOOOOOOOOO

No, I'm sorry. #9821 was right after all. But geniusinmath, you have made history regardless by being the first-ever player of Around The World, and that's something they can never take away from you. And you have a grill and $500 to tide you over, and you'll be spinning the Big Wheel after this announcement!

*Dwayne, leisurely writing on his clipboard, relaxes a bit more as his smile grows a bit wider*

-----

I stand here with geniusinmath, with 123123123, and with TPIRfan#9821!

Each of them will take one or maybe two spins of the wheel. Closes to $1.00 without going over advances to the showcases at the end of the show. And that's not all!

All three of you have already won SOME cash--123³ and #9821 in your pricing games, and geniusinmath with that perfect bid. But that's just a taste of what you can win here!  Should you get exactly $1.00 in one spin--or a combination of two spins--you will win an extra $1,000. And you'll get a bonus spin where you can win $10,000 or even $25,000!

*Dwayne clenches his teeth involuntarily at the thought of what an early $25,000 win would do to the showcases*

geniusinmath is our first spinner today! Give that wheel a spin!

-----

Spinning order:

geniusinmath
TPIRfan#9821

To save time, everybody pick two numbers from 1-20, along with the smallest number you would be willing to stop at assuming you are in the lead.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2021, 06:36:31 PM »
6 and 12 and I will stop at 65¢ or higher.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »
genius winds up with a spin, and lets it go!

*wheel clears the first rotation easily and keeps going into the second*

Will it get around to a dollar again? Not quite, but you just might get a 90...

Nope, you have a quarter. I assume you'll spin again, right?

*genius nods head yes, and gives a slightly bigger spin*

And around it's coming, looking for a 75. You're too too fast for the 70... uh oh! Not this! Not now!

*MRRP!*

genius, I'm sorry things didn't work out. Enjoy your grill!

123123123, you're up!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2021, 09:36:53 PM »
Let's go with 12 and 13, stop at 70+

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2021, 10:14:35 PM »
123123123 with a big spin, look at it go!

*wheel spins around at least four times*

And it looks like you're going to come to a stop... at... 20 cents.

Do you want to spin again? You do? I can't say I blame you. And here 123123123 goes, another big spin...

*wheel spins around another four times*

Now if he goes over, TPIRfan#9821, you are automatically in the showcase.

And there goes the 80, and it's not going to come around again. You could have the 50... but will it stop-- uh oh! No! Get off of that!

*MRRP!*

Over by a nickel, I'm afraid. Thanks for playing, 123123123!

TPIRfan#9821, congratulations! You're our winner by default, but I'll give you one spin to try to get that dollar!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2021, 06:58:22 AM »
7, and if by some miracle the dollar happens, lets just make the bonus spin 19.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2021, 11:55:20 AM »
(watches Dwayne, rather than the wheel, with rapt attention)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2021, 01:52:18 PM »
*#9821 winds up and spins the wheel*

TPIRfan#9821 is giving the wheel a spin... looking for that dollar.

Now, you're on your way to the showcases by default, but let's see if you can win yourself some cash. While we're spinning anybody you'd like to say hi to?

*9821 starts to open his mouth to speak, but gamesurf pulls the microphone away once he notices the wheel*

There's that dollar coming around...

Is it going to make it?

Hey, you know, you just might have...

*DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING*

*Dig We Must*

LOOK AT THAT! A dollar! That's a thousand dollars cash!

*Dwayne covers his face with his clipboard--they've given away cash in every act of the show so far! This cannot be good for the budget...*

And you're not done yet! You're going to take a crack at the big money!

*gamesurf resets the wheel to the nickel*

Once again, you get ONE spin. The $1,000 is yours to keep no matter what you land on, but try to aim for the big money section right here. Land on the 5 or the 15, and you'll take home an extra TEN thousand dollars. Land on the dollar a second time, and you'll be going to the showcases with an extra TWENTY-FIVE thousand dollars!

As you know, the wheel must go all the way around to win the cash. You don't get to spin again, so make it count!

*TPIRfan#9821 winds up with almost all the power he has, and lets the wheel rip*

He's given it a big spin now. Looking for $25,000...

There it goes, will it come around again? Wouldn't it be exciting?

*even from a distance, it's clear that the vein in Dwayne's head gets is throbbing*

You've still got some good speed, and it's got a chance. Might the wheel have good things in store for #9821?

*the wheel's momentum slowly starts to ebb past the 50*

Hey, you know, #9821, this is looking pretty good...

*a hush falls over the crowd as the wheel slows down past the 10, the 45, the 70...*

GO!

GO!

GO!

*the wheel slowly ticks past the 90 and starts to come to its final resting place*

*Dwayne is involuntarily leaning back, like a bowler trying to will a bowling ball towards a pin, as if there were anything in his power he could do to stop the wheel from landing on...*

TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

*CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!*

*WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!*

*Dig We Must*

*#9821 is going bananas under the scoreboard*

*the crowd is on their feet, giving a standing ovation*

What a spin! What a spin! #9821, you did it! You're $25,000 richer! Sit tight, and we'll see you in the showcases!

Folks, if you'd like to become a contestant on The Price is Right and become a winner just like #9821 here, here's how to do it!

If you would to be a contestant on The Price is Right, apply at https://fremantle.formstack.com/forms/the_price_is_right_2021!

And we're not done! More Price is Right coming up!

*Dwayne reaches into his breast pocket and pulls out an antacid. This second half is NOT going to have good things in store...*
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 01:54:42 PM by gamesurf »

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2021, 04:05:25 PM »
AnnouncerTron, we just gave away $26,000 on the Big Wheel? How can we possibly top that?

I have a plan! But we need four contestants in the row to pull it off!

Oh no! We have LiteBulb88, GameShowFan9001, and MSTieScott. Do you have anybody who could round it off?

I sure do! Plinkoman, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

Plinkoman, welcome to the row. That yellow spot is hot, we've gotten two bidders in a row from it to come up onstage, and you just might be the third.

All right, AnnouncerTron, what was your master plan to follow up a $26,000 win?

It was to give away... this new Lazy Susan!

Enchant your friends and baffle your enemies with this hypnotic Lazy Susan! Made with a bold, striking design on laminated wood, this 24" Lazy Susan is the perfect tool for distracting and dazzling your dinner guests across the table as you rotate the saltshaker around to them. Perfect for your high school film class making an homage to The Twilight Zone!

All right, contestants, look into the center of the Lazy Susan and repeat after me... "I will not overbid." "I will not overbid." "I will not overbid."

Now, when I snap my fingers, Plinkoman will place the first bid!