Author Topic: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 25250 times)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2021, 04:44:20 PM »
Ummmmm... ok...

$559
1,669 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2021, 06:12:00 PM »
I think it's begun.

Fifty-nine dollars ($59).
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »
 xlx xlx xlx xlx xlx

Because the car wasn't won, I think we're still okay budgetwise, but I'm pretty sure 123^3 played for the most expensive prize this show  :-D
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »
Would gamesurf break the $500 minimum rule the show has for one bids? I'm going to guess not, so I'll say $500.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

GameShowFan9001, bring us home!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2021, 07:15:28 PM »
By the way, we should start guessing what the second half is going to look like. I think we'll be playing Lucky $even for a $19,111 car, Swap Meet for prizes worth $1,249, $1,250, $1,250, and $1,251, and Range Game for a prize worth $5,699 where the range goes $5,100 to $5,700. All thanks to #9821 :P.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2021, 07:33:43 PM »
Discounted prediction game: Punch/Half with a harder SP setup (I know Dwayne tempted luck once and won, only to get screwed by the inevitability of the wheel, but a difficult setup could make the expected value of these games be around ~$3,000 each), a 3P with a setup somewhere around $1,800/$2,000/$2,300 for the prizes, and That's Too Much! for a Spark, which will be at like the seventh spot if both of the previous games are lost, and in the first spot if both games are won
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Online GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2021, 09:20:27 PM »
This thing doesn't seem that expensive, like, at all, unless somehow that pattern and/or the 24-inch diameter is enough to push it past $500, so I'm gonna say $69

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »
I did my part, but im betting on Let 'em Roll being the only luck based game in the lineup for maximum control. Really depends on how many inexpensive prizes gamesurf still has sitting backstage.

I could see Danger with 4 of the same prize and a truly evil Cover Up, then maybe offer some cheap Ashley furniture in Cliff if those according to plan. This lineup, and idea in general, really is ever evolving

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »
*DING!*

Well, it seems that our players are of two camps. Big difference in opinion in the bids here.

And the actual retail price of that Lazy Susan is...

$700, and Plinkoman wins! Yellow podium strikes for the third time in a row!

Plinkoman, welcome to the show. You certainly wasted no time coming up on stage, did you? I have not one, not two, but THREE prizes for you. What are they, AnnouncerTron?

A digital home gym, a jukebox, and an outdoor TV!

First, strength train in style with the Tempo Studio digital home gym!   Featuring a 42" touchscreen and 3D motion sensors to track your movements and offer corrections in real-time. Weights and barbells come included, stored neatly inside a hidden shelf, including a heart rate monitor, and a year's subscription to live personal-trainer-led classes!

Second, this full-sized jukebox reproduction connects via Bluetooth to any audio device, no USB connection necessary! Color-shifting LED lighting makes this the perfect addition to any entertainment center. Also includes an AM/FM radio & CD player.

And finally, from Sunbrite, this 43" Outdoor HDR TV will improve any outdoor patio! Fully weatherproof, and with a screen up to 50% brighter than indoor TVs, your dreams of watching the end of Blade Runner during an actual downpour can finally go fulfilled!

Plinkoman, this game is easy. In fact, it's Easy as 1-2-3! Tell me, how long has it been since you've played with blocks?

*Plinkoman begins to talk about the time he pushed several blocks and won a trip to China...*

It sounds like you're a seasoned expert! I'm sure you'll have no trouble with this game whatsoever! All you need to do is place these three blocks correctly.

Here is block #1; put it on the least expensive prize. Here is block #2; place it on the median priced prize. And here is block #3, place it on the most expensive prize! If you can place all three blocks correctly, you will be taking home all three prizes!

*goofy think music begins to play as Plinkoman juggles the three blocks*
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2021, 06:59:17 PM »
*peanut gallery*

Holy heck, does the budget equation factor in forfeited One Bids? $700 for a device that can barely rotate a large pizza?

Also, no exaggeration, there might be a double or even single digit difference between the jukebox and TV. The show had a jukebox similar to that worth $850 (it’s a glorified Bluetooth speaker, $40 boombox, and LED lights), and this somehow looks cheaper, and that TV is pretty small. I think the jukebox is the bigger bait here, so I’d suggest 3-1-2, but it’s really close

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2021, 08:04:45 PM »
Same thing I was thinking. I remember that $850 jukebox from the show.

#3 for the home gym.
#2 for the TV.
#1 for the jukebox.
1,669 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2021, 08:07:15 PM »
FWIW, I would have went go with 3-2-1. The outdoor TV feels almost like a double bluff, something that looks cheap that the host hopes you overthing for being more expensive, just for it to be cheap.

Of course, I could just be the overthinking fool in all of this

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2021, 04:06:04 AM »
[Host note: I apologize for the brief pause; my real-life workload caught up with me and it took me a few days to sort it out. Game on!]

Plinkoman believes the #1 belongs on the jukebox, #2 belongs on the TV, and #3 belongs on the home gym. Some of the crowd likes it, some of the crowd is unsure, but Plinkoman, taking the blocks---and his fate---into his own hands, has placed the blocks thusly.

Now take a moment, Plinkoman, think... what could you do with those three prizes? You could have the ultimate party! You could begin by dancing to music in your jukebox, where you placed block #1. Some of the audience was unsure about that one. ModelBot 4000, what is the price of the jukebox?

*DING!*

$795! Surely that has to be the least expensive prize of the three, right?

Next, you placed block #2 on the outdoor TV. Again, some of the crowd was unsure about that choice. But it's just got to be more expensive than $795, right?. It's just got to! Is it?

*DING!*

Ooh, this is looking good, Plinkoman! If that digital home gym is more expensive than $1,499, you're a winner!

*Dwayne's lip curls slightly*

ModelBot 4000, show us the price!

It is! Congratulations, Plinkoman, you're a winner! Well done! Enjoy your prizes! You'll be able to watch TV while listening to your jukebox and working out--all outdoors if you please! I mean, only the TV is weatherproof, but you could plug the jukebox in indoors and leave the door open or something. Anyways, congratulations! We'll see you at the Big Wheel!

Stay tuned for more pricing games, and the fabulous showcases, on the second half of The Price is Right!

*Dwayne, with clipboard in hand, pulls out his pen and angrily begins drawing lines through some of the items on his list*

---

AnnouncerTron, I don't know what it is in the air, but that yellow spot is hot! Three contestants in a row have come onstage from it! Probably the most coveted seat in the whole studio right now--and who do you have to fill it?

I have just the person... tpiradam, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And there comes Adam, down in Contestant's Row. And here comes ModelBot 4000, around on the turntable, accompanied by our next Item Up For Bids!

It's a delightful blender!

Possibly no decision will ever impact your life more greatly than using the Vitamix E310 blender! Did you think all blenders were just the same? Think again! Smoothies and hummus will come out with ZERO chunks. Seeds become flour in seconds! And the 48 oz container ensures that you'll never thirst for freshly blended juice again! Think you've got it made? Think again. This blender will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Honestly, I don't know why we're even offering this as an Item Up For Bids... in my opinion, we're blowing our wad too soon.

Thank you, AnnouncerTron! And the first bid on that blender goes to, again, the yellow spot. tpiradam, what say ye?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2021, 06:01:13 PM »
Umm $500?