Author Topic: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 24732 times)

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2021, 08:54:15 PM »
It still took some timing and a bit of luck to finesse the wheel (as the timestamp won't be locked in until the post goes through, and per HYO Forum rules, editing post-hoc is not allowed) I have to assume that #9821 was paying close attention to the other two spins and realized the pattern, and that earned him $26,000! And #9821 wasn't the only one--I also got a DM from Scott gleefully warning me that if he made it up onstage he believed he would be able to do the same. Dwayne is sure breathing a sigh of relief that that didn't happen...

Guilty as charged.  :P If you hadn't said that, a DM asking you to change your wheel spin formula was coming right now. But Scott, did you figure it out before or after I blatantly put a bonus spin number in my post? I was planning on just pulling at the :20 mark, but thought I'd add a couple of seconds to make it less obvious.

Great hosting gamesurf! I'm only kicking myself for not going 16161 instead, lol.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: "Reactive Budget" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2021, 10:26:53 PM »
But Scott, did you figure it out before or after I blatantly put a bonus spin number in my post?

I formulated my hypothesis after the first spinner and saw it confirmed after the second. My post after you posted your numbers in which I said I was watching Dwayne instead of the wheel was my subtle way of pointing out that I knew what was about to happen.

And Dwayne should be relieved that I never won my way out of Contestants' Row, as I was able to time my final three bids exactly at :00.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.