Author Topic: 2021 College Football  (Read 12964 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: 2021 College Football
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
Georgia is still number one.  They will be the first of 4 teams headed to the College Football Playoff.  It should be close to business as usual; chaos happens, but I'd be stunned if everyone loses (Alabama, Michigan, Cincinnati).

Top 10 includes: Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Baylor, Oregon, Cincinnati
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2021, 10:56:19 AM »
Can't see Michigan losing (line has them giving 10 and a hook), but the 6-1/2 Georgia is giving Alabama is rather tasty candy. Could be an upset if Bryce Young did what he did against Auburn late in that game. My nephew is a Georgia fan and even he's calling it 31-17 Alabama.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2021, 03:53:32 PM »
Well, Utah basically emulated whatever they did to Oregon earlier this year.  For their efforts, they should be headed to their first ever Rose Bowl 4 weeks from now.

Meanwhile, can't say the same for Oklahoma State, who had more prestigious destinations than the Fiesta Bowl.  No CFB playoff for the Cowboys, and no Fiesta Bowl either.  They could be okay for a NY Six spot, but that will be tough.  Baylor might get Houston if they can pull off the upset.

Michigan should win against Iowa, but right now I will not be shocked if they lose.  Iowa has a great defense.  IMO, unless it's absurd, I'll go for the O/U.

Alabama I think can win ATS, but not outright.  Georgia is too good and should make the Tide regret losing to A&M.

I will not be surprised at all if Pittsburgh loses despite yours truly thinking they'll win (since their defense is more of a threat than Wake Forest)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2021, 05:54:41 PM »
The most points Georgia has given up this season is 17 against Tennessee. Alabama has blown that out of the water with a 24-17 halftime lead in the SEC title game.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2021, 07:41:24 PM »
Cincinnati, Geogia, and Alabama are in. Michigan is in with a win. For the next three hours Notre Dame is biggest Iowa fan in the world. An Iowa upset of Michigan and Notre Dame makes it. If Michigan wins and Notre Dame doesn't make the playoffs, I wonder if Notre Dame would consider declining their bowl bid with the coaching transition and all that going on.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »
And so it is. The 2021 College Football regular season and conference championship games are all in the books.

My seeding predictions.
1. Alabama.
2. Michigan.
3. Georgia.
4. Cincinnati.

My Heisman vote, if I had one, would go to Bryce Young.

A big thank you to the players, coaches, teams, and broadcasters who helped make the 2021 College Football season a success. Looking forward to Bowl Season.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2021, 11:57:54 PM »
And so it is. The 2021 College Football regular season and conference championship games are all in the books.

My seeding predictions.
1. Alabama.
2. Michigan.
3. Georgia.
4. Cincinnati.

My Heisman vote, if I had one, would go to Bryce Young.

A big thank you to the players, coaches, teams, and broadcasters who helped make the 2021 College Football season a success. Looking forward to Bowl Season.

It's either that or Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati, and then Georgia.  Notre Dame losing its Head Coach probably didn't help, but fortunately it is a moot point

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2021, 06:42:47 AM »
Bryce Young has the Heisman locked. The way he played against Georgia yesterday was insane.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2021, 12:20:47 PM »
Stand by for playoff seeds.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2021, 12:24:00 PM »
ESPN is revealing them in reverse.  There is no drama this year, but history is now official

ETA: Playoff seeds (Alabama vs. Cincinnati & Michigan vs Georgia).  Notre Dame & Ohio State finished 5th and 6th, respectively
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 12:27:34 PM by SeaBreeze341 »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2021, 12:47:56 PM »
On Sunday, December 5th, 2021 at 12:27 PM EST, the eighth College Football Playoff has been set.  1467547153195229184[/tweet]]Alabama, back to a familiar spot, will “host” Cincinnati in the Cotton Bowl on New Year’s Eve, while 1467547598995267589[/tweet]]Michigan will “host” Georgia in the Orange Bowl on the same date.  No kickoff times yet, but I guess the Orange Bowl precede the Cotton Bowl 3 weeks from Friday as of this post.

Alabama regains its outright record in terms of CFB Playoff appearances (after Clemson tied them in 2019).  Georgia, the second ever SEC team to participate in the playoff, is making their second appearance.

Michigan & Cincinnati are the 12th and 13th different team participating in the College Football Playoff since its inception in 2014.  Michigan is the third Big 10 team participating, while Cincinnati is the first Group of Five team as mentioned several times everywhere.  As a result of that, College Football has its sixth different conference representation.  Naturally, Cincinnati was a part of a Big 6 conference when the Big East was a big deal prior to early in the last decade when the Big East split to the ACC, the AAC, and the New College Hoops Big East.

As for the other four New Years Six bowl games, including the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl, those are slated to be announced around 2:30 PT EST.  I’m guessing the Rose Bowl is all but set with Utah vs Ohio State.  Pittsburgh likely Peach Bowl Bound since the Orange Bowl is a semi final this year.  Ole Miss should or could be Sugar Bowl Bound, and maybe Baylor to the Fiesta Bowl.  Everything else will be disclosed by the end of the weekend.  That includes the rest of the rankings and the complete 42 or so bowl games.  Finally, Bryce Young's win next Saturday the Heisman announcement for the 2021 winner will occur on Saturday, December 11th, 2021.  That is 30 days before the National Championship on Monday January 11, 2022 on ESPN

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2021, 10:07:32 AM »
The early lines: Alabama giving 13-1/2 against Cincinnati and Michigan a 7-1/2-point underdog to Georgia. 23 days to see those numbers fluctuate.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
Sorry for not posting a ton of other stuff as it relates to College Football, including the Bowl Game Matchups, coaching changes, etc.  Rather unique week; I hope to do so tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Grass is green. In other news, Bryce Young is the 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner. Plus, my pick of Army over Navy is not a spoiler, but just a prediction since they have to play the game. Navy ATS though; I think they can keep it close.

Kenny Pickett was a glorified dream to win it this year.  Got pimped somewhat, while Alabama was struggling.  He actually was putting up great numbers, but Young actually did well.  Yeah, I guess Mac Jones played better last year, but when Adams wasn't available for Bryce, you'd have to factor all of that IMO.  Didn't help that PITT played opposite the Big 10 title game.

Still a great year for Pickett, as well as Stroud & Hutchinson.  As mentioned, it's Young, and take away Kenny (or not), I'm so happy for the call (which will be truly official by 9 PM EST)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2021, 10:11:49 PM »
Bryce Young is now officially your 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner and it was a massive blowout. Here are the final voting results.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021/12/full-2021-heisman-trophy-voting-results.html

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2021, 11:09:05 PM »
Totally expected, but Burrow's win had that feeling of a much, much, bigger rout than Young's victory.  One could have successfully defended that they didn't even need to send any other finalists to New York.  Still, this year's results, while not as clear-cut as the 2019 results, were definitive enough.

Alabama still has to win the game or games left for the 2021-2022 season by on-field performance, but if you believe in trends, The Tide will repeat.  Every Heisman win for Bama results in a National Championship to conclude the season for the Tide
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:19:03 PM by SeaBreeze341 »