Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 32843 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2022, 11:15:18 PM »
My picks for the AFC and NFC Championship Games:

Rams over 49ers.
Chiefs over Bengals.

It'd be cool if it went the other way though. If the 49ers and Bengals win, we'd get a rematch of Super Bowl 23, one of the best of my childhood. I can still hear Dick Enberg's voice: "Montana. Touchdown! John Taylor!"
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2022, 11:35:39 PM »
We'd also get a Super Bowl 16 rematch.  The other classic duo of Summerall & Madden calling their first of 8 Super Bowls together.  I'm actually picking both of those teams against the spread, but I'll post tomorrow morning whether I'll go with them outright.  Still waiting on last minute injury news.

By the way, looks like we have to pump the brakes on the Tom Brady stuff.  I think it's still going to happen, but it's not as definitely as it appeared when the news broke prior to his agent and later his dad saying he's far from a decision
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2022, 07:22:32 AM »
If Brady does retire,  some think Rodgers will head to Tampa Bay. We shall see.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2022, 01:58:02 PM »
I’m going to go with Cincinnati for the win.  Maybe it’s a petty hedge, and I’m likely to be wrong, but I’m going with the Bengals for the win since the events that occurred the week before benefit Cincy more than KC.

There may be nothing the Bengals can do to prevent another 9-sack disaster.  They’ll have the offseason to fix their line (something they should’ve started in 2019-2020).  Burrow is a no-excuses kinda guy.  Kansas City is a better team than Tennessee.  However, Cincy did beat them.  It was a home game but the time and way they won is no joke.  The Chiefs finished a late game in OT, and that spots Cincinnati a day and then some.

Probably an easy pick that I’m zagging on while everyone’s zigging.  Of course, I picked the Chiefs and Bengals to each win both of their first two games, and I was correct.  So I may or may not be right, but it’s not like ignoring them as a contender sorta like I did with the 49ers.

Speaking of San Francisco, I’m picking them to win.  Unlike the AFC Title Game, I have more company here.  The Niners have had LA’s number for quite a long time.  That even includes that awful year in 2020, but it also includes a down year for the Rams in 2019 when the SF went 13-3 and was the top seed on the way to the Super Bowl.  This year, the Niners blew out Los Angeles, and when the opposite was about to occur, SF rallied and won.  That was the last time I picked San Francisco to win the game.  As for Los Angles, I don’t think I’ve picked them to win a game either.  Definitely a reversal of the AFC side, but it goes into the regular season where the only time I picked them to win, they lost (save for Week 18).  That’s for the most part. 

I guess I’m betting on Stafford to turn into the turnover version of him.  Unless that happens, Los Angeles will have a shot.  As mentioned, the D line for SF is top notch to the Rams O Line.  However, there are some legit people on the defense for the Rams.  If they can cause misery for the Niners offense, the Rams are going to be the first team to play at home for both their conference game & the Super Bowl, with a chance to win their second title, and second in as many cities

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2022, 06:16:49 PM »
For the first time in 33 years, the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl. Will they meet the 49ers there for the third time? We'll know later tonight.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2022, 09:38:25 PM »
Twenty-two years to the day of winning Super Bowl XXXIV as the St. Louis Rams, Los Angeles has clinched the NFC Championship with a 20-17 victory against the 49ers.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »
For the first time ever, a conference championship winner will win a home game to advance to the Super Bowl on their Home Field!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2022, 09:46:17 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155634874873484 I guess for a Price quip? I know Cody Davis should be on the Pats now, but whatever.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2022, 10:04:13 PM »
First Line/Odds:  Los Angeles is favored by 4 vs Cincinnati.  Over/Under is 50

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2022, 10:05:27 PM »
This is a classic case of the young guns against the grizzled veterans.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2022, 03:07:32 AM »
Matthew Stafford sure proved his haters in Detroit wrong.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2022, 12:37:45 PM »
No doubt many members of Lions management are now heavily lamenting letting him go.  If he can lead Los Angeles to the victory, it'll more than validate his career to date.  Cincinnati, meanwhile, has certainly earned coming this far for all the years of misery that have preceded this moment, and at least this time doesn't have to worry about John Candy being there in SoFi Stadium (at least physically) to inspire the Rams to victory as he did in Super Bowl XXIII.  May the better team win. 

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2022, 10:13:34 AM »
Picking the Rams for two reasons. As a SoCal native, the Rams are the only vested interest I have (and have had through the playoffs). Second, as Georgia has been home to me for many Saturday afternoons in the fall, a Rams win with Stafford helming would be the cherry on an already generous ice cream sundae for Bulldog fans.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne