Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 19390 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2022, 10:20:57 PM »
Cincinnati should really consider getting an offensive line that doesn't let their QB get sacked eight times in a game.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 65 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2022, 10:56:16 PM »
Cooper Kupp continues to be among Stafford's best weapons.

Hey Bengals, at least you covered, thanks to the Rams failing on the 2-point conversion. Some decent cheddar is being filed out.
Irony is when somebody writes "Your an idiot."

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2022, 11:55:44 PM »
Meh.  Cincy would've found a way to cover the spread.  Not sure how if the game plays out to where the Rams convert the 2 pointer, but the game just plays out that way.

I'll be honest, while Cincinnati needs to fix their line to really be dangerous, I don't know or think they will.  You just don't know with Mike Brown running things.  We'll see, but they might consider doing so since the AFC will respect the Bengals more than before and give them their best.  Plus, Baltimore probably won't have their entire team on IR or down and out in 2022.
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 65 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2022, 08:05:13 AM »
Double sweet night for Rams WR Van Jefferson. His wife went into labor during the game and was rushed from the stadium to hospital. After the game, Jefferson skipped the celebration and at the hospital joined his wife who had delivered a baby boy.
Irony is when somebody writes "Your an idiot."

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2022, 09:39:37 PM »
That's very nice.  Jefferson making it to see his son enter the world beats any celebration.  Pretty neat he was able to do that and still participate in the Super Bowl.  FWIW, a lot of great moments from the winning team (which is usually most years at the very least).  We had a couple proposals, kids playing in confetti, and pretty much players calling it quits.  Winning as an actual part of the team is super great, over a fan of the team or even someone pulling for them.

So the ratings are still not available as of this post.  That would mean the final ratings and viewership, but it will top Super Bowl 55 for sure.  How high or whether itíll Top SuperbowlXLIX will be determined as soon as possible.

I wanted a good game, as did most of everyone else, and thatís how things played out.  I was on point with the under and with Cincinnati ATS (against the spread, which ranged from 3.5 to 4.5 before kickoff).  I picked the Bengals to win their first title 21-18, so I was wrong there but I (and some of the smartest out there) figured that it wasnít going to be a Rams blowout or a shootout.  A 23-20 final score proved that.  I believe the over hits with ease had Cincy converted that fourth and one to get Evan in position to send things to OT (a true coin-flip). 

What a season.  A lot happened, both on and off the field.  Weíll see what happens with the Brian Flores stuff (FWIW, the lawsuit that was filed goes over several items including tanking in Miami possibly for $100,000 a loss, the inadvertent text from Belichick to Flores about Daboll being the guy before Flores even interviewed, and Elway/Ellis being drunk for Brianís Denver interview back whenever).

Onto next year, or whateverís next.  There no more football until September 2022 (or August if you count preseason, though they really could start in August on a weeknight prior to Labor Day if they wanted to).  However, one key item that makes football king is the off season stuff.  Not stupid things, but happenings connected to the new season (or the aftermath of the preceding season like retirement).  That includes Free Agency, The NFL Draft, and the Schedule Release.  Itíll be interesting to see what happens with the Rams, Bucs, and Packers.  Who knows whether Cincinnati will successfully address their O-Line issue!

Maybe itís clichť, but people are placing the Rams as the team most likely to return to the Superbowl (if not continue its success).  Meh;  I donít know about that.  Theyíre so over, whereas the Bengals are fourth in cap space with their best players under control until 2023.  The Rams got the title, the motivation might die down with the loss of a lot of people.

Finally, next yearís Super Bowl favorites include: Buffalo at 7/1, Dallas at 12/1, Green bay at 13/1, and San Francisco at 15/1.  Kansas City is at +750, while the winners Los Angeles opens at +1200.  Runners-up Cincinnati is actually tied with 2021 early favorite & division rival Baltimore at 20/1.  Houston, still the only franchise to never host a divisional round and/or reach the conference title game weekend, is 180/1.  Just lovely.  This is as of 02/14/2022 & definitely subject to change

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2022, 04:18:12 PM »
Two final things to mention as the 2021 NFL has officially come to a close:

Minnesotaís hiring of now former Rams offensive coordinator Kevin OíConnell is now official.  The Vikings really couldnít do much while Los Angeles was still playing.  So, after Jim Harbaugh went back to Michigan, there was still this void (even though it wasnít), but all the near dozen spots have been filled.

The Super Bowl ratings & viewership totals have varied from all of the sources.  Iíve seen a 36.9 rating, courtesy of Showbuzz Daily, where they also mentioned over 99 Million in terms of viewers.  Nonetheless, it looks like things rebounded after last yearís major dive.  According to Yahoo Sports, 112.3 Million in viewers was the total. 

While things may have peaked mid-decade in the 2010s, Sundayís game was the best showing in quite a long time.  That may have been aided by the teams and the Halftime show.  M.A.S.H Series Finale in 1983 is still Top Ten overall, and Super Bowl XLIX is still the most watched program in television history