Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 32439 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2021, 10:31:32 PM »
Oh no.  It's not career ending.  In career-ending, I'm referring to his Seattle Seahawks career.  Even that is a stretch, but I'd be shocked if he called it a career. 

Sorry I posted it that way!  I totally didn't mean he was done; just possibly done in Seattle.
Oh ok, thank you for clarifying. I thought you may have meant just his time in Seattle. I could see that especially with the rumors he wanted out over this past offseason. It will be really interesting to see what direction they go.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2021, 01:05:55 AM »
Big wins (both in National spots) for the franchises that headlined Super Bowl's 27 & 28.  Dallas crushed New York at home, which was expected (and aided due to multiple GMEN injuries to their most important players).  Buffalo wasn't as expected as it's a road game in the sight where they got soundly beaten by reigning AFC Champions Kansas City.

The Bills are playing awesome football, and they appear to be the team to beat.  Plus, they might finally get the title that eluded them in the 90s.  As mentioned, the team that was their biggest villain is also rolling in the Cowboys.  Of course, Tampa is rolling and would be a tough matchup for the AFC East leader.  Finally it's not a sure thing in their conference as teams like the Chargers & Baltimore are not going to be easy to brush aside
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2021, 09:36:13 PM »
Breaking News:  Jon Gruden is out in Vegas.  He is tendering his resignation.

I first heard the news on Westwood One listening to Kevin Harlan and Jaws for Monday Night Football.  ESPN hasn't mentioned it yet, but I imagine Adam Schefter will break it there during halftime.  Rich Eisen & Mike Florio will discuss as well.  Feels surprising, but it is not shocking

ETA: ESPN has in fact mentioned it.  Despite the emails occurring a decade ago, with the news of more emails going from the league to the Raiders, the only surprise is if Mark Davis hadn't fired Jon 24 hours removed from this breaking news
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:41:33 PM by SeaBreeze341 »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »
The Cleveland Browns, who played and won a road playoff game in January without their head coach, get to host a team without its head coach on Sunday.  I’m not sure if it’ll be called into question if the last unbeaten falls due to that.  Though, until the Chubb inactive news, I was leaning toward Cleveland anyway

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2021, 01:02:59 PM »
The Tampa Bucs of the 70s can now pop the champagne.  Their record is safe.  The second longest losing streak has ended, with a Jaguars win at the buzzer.  The winner had yet to make a field goal, and they ended up making two big ones to seal the deal.

With that, once again, Detroit is the last team left that has yet to win a game this year

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2021, 07:09:01 PM »
YES!!!!!! My Cardinals are 6-0 after dominating the Browns in a 37-14 win as Kyler Murray threw for 229 yards and 4 touchdowns including 2 to DeAndre Hopkins. I'm honestly amazed that the Cardinals even won this game at all, given the dire circumstances that they entered the game with. GO CARDINALS! :)

Meanwhile, the Broncos 3-0 start is being exposed as a fraud now that they're no longer playing teams that suck.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2021, 07:08:03 PM »
YES!!!!!! My Cardinals are 6-0 after dominating the Browns in a 37-14 win as Kyler Murray threw for 229 yards and 4 touchdowns including 2 to DeAndre Hopkins. I'm honestly amazed that the Cardinals even won this game at all, given the dire circumstances that they entered the game with. GO CARDINALS! :)

Meanwhile, the Broncos 3-0 start is being exposed as a fraud now that they're no longer playing teams that suck.

Congratulations on the Cards win. And my fantasy football team is down the drain thanks to finding out that Kareem Hunt will miss 4-to-6 weeks with a calf injury, at least. Ugh.
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »
I guess we can pump the brakes on the Ravens topping their 2019 season.  However, they got humbled in similar fashion against Denver before they got the chance to rip their hearts out in 2012.  Lamar might no longer be the clear cut MVP leader, but the fact is Cincinnati is doing what people speculated, except they're doing it in a year or two in advance.  Maybe Joe Burrow could be in the conversation for league MVP, but if all goes well, the team with the longest postseason drought in wins might torment the AFC North for a very long time.  The AFC is tricky; probably not a Pats dominance but it's possible.  Then maybe they'll win a title as long as San Francisco isn't the NFC represent!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2021, 07:29:38 PM »
YES!!!!!!! My Cardinals are 7-0 after beating the Texans 31-5 as Kyler Murray threw for 261 yards and 3 touchdowns, 1 each to DeAndre Hopkins, Christian Kirk, and new Cardinal Zach Ertz. FWIW, this is the 1st game in NFL history to end with a score of 31-5. GO CARDINALS!!!!!!! :)

Congratulations to Tom Brady on becoming the only quarterback in NFL history with over 600 career passing touchdowns. (602 at this nanosecond)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2021, 11:59:36 PM »
Man, Indy has sure turned things around after their collapse at M&T Bank Stadium.  Since their slow start, save for that painful loss in Baltimore, they've been on the winning side.  Solid performance in the rain at Levi's against San Francisco.  We'll see how they handle Tennessee (the likely favorites to repeat in their division).  Whoever doesn't win the AFC South could be the 7th wildcard and ruin another contender that probably thought they were sneaking into the postseason

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2021, 05:10:32 PM »
One can say what they want about Tom Brady (members of my immediate family notably), but what he did in yesterday's Bucs-Bears tilt was nothing short of awesomesauce. He gave his Bucs cap to a 9-year-old little boy in the stands who is a cancer survivor. The joy on the kid's face spoke volumes.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2021, 09:08:21 PM »
Man, Indy has sure turned things around after their collapse at M&T Bank Stadium.  Since their slow start, save for that painful loss in Baltimore, they've been on the winning side.  Solid performance in the rain at Levi's against San Francisco.  We'll see how they handle Tennessee (the likely favorites to repeat in their division).  Whoever doesn't win the AFC South could be the 7th wildcard and ruin another contender that probably thought they were sneaking into the postseason

Which in turn would be just fine by Philadelphia, who would be happy to see Indianapolis make the playoffs with Carson Wentz playing as many games as possible so they would get a third first round pick next year.  So we'll see how that pans out in the end. 

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2021, 11:43:48 PM »
How bout them Seahawks!  Man, talk about a massive fall from glory.  Times have changed; despite picking the Saints FTW, I would never have picked New Orleans to beat Seattle at Lumen Field regardless of the fact that this is not the LOB (Legion of boom) era.  FWIW, I would not have this season had Russell been playing.

I'm not a Philly fan, but I so love seeing a team get a nice draft pick without sucking outright.  I might not live to see it, if it even happens at all, but it would be awesome if someone traded their first round pick to the eventual Super Bowl champion in the same period said team finished last in the league.

Even without what Tom did on Sunday, I had come to the point where I totally admire the guy.  Really, that occurred prior to his sixth Super Bowl title on February 3rd, 2019, and full blown last year.  What I'm seeing from Brady is likely who he is and has been forever.  That really was just so special, and to "steal" from SVP, it was the best thing I saw on Sunday.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2021, 07:28:32 PM »
In probably the best Thursday Night Football game this season, two big time names will be missing in action in JJ Watt and Davante Adams.  The latter was no surprise due to his Covid status coupled with a short week.  I don't know if Adams was able to test negative twice, but with the lack of practice, it really would not have mattered at all.  Apparently, since 2019, Aaron Rodgers is undefeated (with a minimum of 5 starts) when Adams is not in the lineup.

The bigger surprise is JJ Watt's status.  I didn't catch that; he got injured on Sunday but played through it.  Now, he could be done for the year.  BTW, Watt got paid last summer.  Still, I like Arizona FTW.  A close game that I think the Packers will cover, but I had the Cards winning even before the news of the inactives

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2021, 04:23:59 AM »
Kyler Murray throws a pick (one of two in the game) with :12 left in the game, sealing a 24-21 Packers win and handing the Cardinals their first loss. Aaron Rodgers throws for 184 and 2 TDs.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne