Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 32843 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2021, 04:52:34 PM »
Atlanta chalks up their first win of the year (including preseason), 17-14 against the Giants in a game that Fox wishes they could have shown infomercials instead. Not a textbook example of pro football.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2021, 06:03:38 PM »
The halftime show will be performed by 5 legends:
Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, & Kendrick Lamar.

Mary J Blige is the only "repeat", as she will be making her 2nd halftime appearance. Her last appearance was in Super Bowl 35 in 2001 in Tampa (Baltimore decimated NY Giants). She performed in the final song "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith, NSYNC, Britney Spears, and Nelly. This is her first time being in a halftime on NBC, since SB XXXV aired on CBS 
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2021, 05:58:07 PM »
Matt Ryan throws for 4 TDs, three to RB Cordarrelle Patterson, but the Falcons still lose to the Washington Football Team, 34-30. Washington had two failed PATs and a failed two-point conversion and still won.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:03:34 PM by Ccook »
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2021, 07:28:05 PM »
YES!!! My Cardinals are 4-0 after a coming with a 37-20 win over the Rams. Kyler Murray led a balanced attack throwing for 268 yards and 2 touchdowns. What a huge division win! It's an important breakthrough for Murray and  Kingsbury, who had  lost their  1st 4 matchup with the rams. GO CARDINALS! :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 07:35:54 PM by moneygamelover »
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 10:19:37 AM »
And certainly an important win given how stacked the NFC West appears to be at the moment and considering the Rams have looked like serious Super Bowl contenders so far.  As the Cardinals are long overdue for a world title, it would certainly be great if they did go on to win it all. 

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2021, 10:58:12 AM »
Matt Ryan throws for 4 TDs, three to RB Cordarrelle Patterson, but the Falcons still lose to the Washington Football Team, 34-30. Washington had two failed PATs and a failed two-point conversion and still won.

Ouch.
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2021, 12:02:07 AM »
If I were a very generous human being (who's to say I'm not), I should probably post my picks for Seattle Seahawks games going forward.  Though I think I picked them to win in Week One.  Next Sunday might be a better bet, TBH.  That depends on Russ' health (the guy has yet to miss any time IIRC)
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2021, 12:40:25 AM »
The Seattle Seahawks has the weekend off, but it's likely anything but great.  Plus they played on Thursday, so not only is it not a true bye-week, but there's a good chance that their QB Russell Wilson took his final snap for the remainder of his career.

The former Super Bowl champion, 2-time NFC champ, and 4X NFC West winner could miss up to 2 months following surgery after an injury to a finger of his throwing hand.  On a side note, I think the Steelers will still lose to Seattle on Sunday Night Football in a week, but a Seahawks win is not a sure thing anymore.

Russell was never going to break Brett Favre's record, but he had perfect attendance since Day One.  No starts missed since he entered the league nearly a decade ago.  Wilson will be 33 next month, and he'd need to play through the 2030 season when he'd reach 42 in order to set a new record.  Nonetheless, his play is unique in that he was an expert in avoiding big hits and really never got hurt.  It's amazing given how bad his O-Line is.  That, among other things is why he reportedly hasn't been happy.  I don't think he was long for the team down the road, but he is under contract until the middle of the decade.

If Seattle falls big, I don't think they'll bring him back off of IR this year.  We'll see what happened in 2022, but it'll not looking great, especially given how deep the NFC West is this season.  Doesn't help that the NFC South may have multiple contenders in addition to Tampa Bay

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »
Atlanta and the New York Jets take the NFL to old Blighty where the Falcons prevail, 27-20. Cordarrelle Patterson and Kyle Pitts have rapidly evolved into Ryan's go-to guys.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2021, 04:00:39 PM »
The Seattle Seahawks has the weekend off, but it's likely anything but great.  Plus they played on Thursday, so not only is it not a true bye-week, but there's a good chance that their QB Russell Wilson took his final snap for the remainder of his career.
I really doubt his injury is career ending.

Good win for Atlanta, despite missing their top two receivers. It was only a matter of time before Pitts had a big day. I see they learned how to recover an onside kick since last season (not that the Jets would've had enough time to tie it anyway if they recovered) :D

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2021, 04:26:30 PM »
I really doubt his injury is career ending.

Oh no.  It's not career ending.  In career-ending, I'm referring to his Seattle Seahawks career.  Even that is a stretch, but I'd be shocked if he called it a career. 

Sorry I posted it that way!  I totally didn't mean he was done; just possibly done in Seattle.

Packers escape.  As mentioned, no one wanted to win this game.  As of 2021, there are still ties in the biggest sport, so it was almost possible
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 04:30:10 PM by SeaBreeze341 »

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2021, 04:52:57 PM »
Matt Ryan becomes the seventh player to reach 5,000 career completions and the second to reach 5,000 completions in the shortest time (minimum of 205 games).
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2021, 06:17:40 PM »
Some trouble for the New York Giants so far during their game against the Dallas Cowboys. As running back, Saquon Barkley left the game on a cart after injuring his left ankle in the first quarter and losing starting quarterback Daniel Jones to a head injury in the same quarter.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2021, 07:39:05 PM »
YES!!!!! MY Cardinals are 5-0 after beating the 49ers 17-10 in what was a defensive struggle most of the day. A touchdown pass from Kyler Murray to Deandre Hopkins with about 5 minutes left gave the Cardinals a 17-7 lead and they held on 17-10 after a key 4th down bat down by J.J. Watt. Beating divisional opponents in back to back weeks is very encouraging. GO CARDINALS!!!!! :)   
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2021, 08:41:24 PM »
And the Browns choked. *sighs* There were some rough calls throughout the game, but the one that sticks with me the most is the DPI, when Mike Williams clearly grabbed a hold of A.J. Green's jersey (the defensive back, not the current Cardinals wide receiver). Should've been Offensive Pass Interference if you ask me.
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie