Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 32437 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2022, 12:37:41 PM »
Raiders General Manager Mike Mayock Out In Las Vegas

Feels like an under-the-radar boot, given the fact that they made the postseason despite everything within that organization.  it is based on the timing, but it's anything other than a surprise
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2022, 05:29:41 PM »
My Divisional Round picks:
Titans over Bengals.
Packers over 49ers.
Buccaneers over Rams.
Chiefs over Bills.

I'm guessing we'll get 1 vs 2 matchups in both conferences. Chiefs vs Bills is the hardest game of the 4 for me to have a feel for.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2022, 03:20:41 PM »
Final lines (prior to the first kickoff) feature Tennessee favored by 4 (up half a point from earlier) and Green Bay favored by 5.5 (up half a point from the opening total but down half a point from mid-week).  I don’t know what the opening over/under total was, but it’ll end with 47.5 for both Saturday games (up a half point from mid-week).  With about over 2 hours away from kickoff, scores are subject to change, but it’s unlikely given the fact that the personnel will be finalized 90 minutes before gametime.

The lines for Sunday’s games have Tampa remaining as 3-point home favorites, while Kansas City’s spread is down a point from earlier.  Over/Under for Bucs/Rams remain the same, but Chiefs/Bills have move to 54.

I think every-game will be tough to pick correctly, including Packers/Niners.  Despite what Colin Cowherd said, I can see San Francisco winning the game outright.  The thing they have going for them is that they’ve had Rodgers number in three of his most important games.  In other words, A-Rod is winless in the postseason against his “home” team.  The good news for Green Bay is that despite San Francisco’s success against the 17-year vet, they didn’t face an MVP version of him.  Furthermore, each of their 3 wins (2012, 2013, & 2019) came in seasons where they beat him in the regular season.  In addition to that, they are playing against a Packers team coming off of a bye. 

If history and trends hold up, the Bengals will be Super Bowl bound with a win against the Titans.  The bad news is that Cincinnati is winless in road playoff games.  The good news, however, is that Tennessee is 0-2 as the Top seed, and like the other season (2000 & 2008) they’ll be facing a classic AFC Central team.  The Titans are 1-2 off of a bye since 1999, I believe, all against AFC North opponents.  It’s a new era for the Bengals.   I’ll take Cincinnati to win outright, but if they had been favored, I would’ve taken Tennessee because at worst, I don’t think the Titans will lose by much.  It’s over for the AFC North (champions) if Derrick Henry doesn’t miss a beat and/or Kevin Byard turns Chase into just a professional wide receiver.  Of course, it would help if Tannehill can do a little more than something, and he can.  I just don’t think it be close to being able to match a confident Burrow and company.

I was considering a SF victory.  I’m going with the Niners and the points, but the Packers is the team I see going to their 3 straight conference final, second at home, and this time, with fans.  Fortunately, trends don’t matter, but performance due to injuries will.

I’ve have to post my Sunday stuff later, but while chalk seems to be the thing this weekend, it’s basically prediction-hedging for yours truly  (for the most part).  In other words, all road teams including Buffalo cover, but only Cincinnati moves on IMO.  That’s a tough one to figure out!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2022, 08:02:07 PM »
The Bengals knock off the #1 seeded Titans. They'll visit the winner of the other AFC Divisional game next week.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2022, 10:04:45 PM »
The Bengals knock off the #1 seeded Titans. They'll visit the winner of the other AFC Divisional game next week.

Whether it's the Bills or the Chiefs, the Bengals cannot afford to let QB Joe Burrow take a whopping 9 SACKS and expect to go to the Super Bowl as the AFC Champions.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2022, 11:08:44 PM »
And the other #1 seed goes down. The 49ers also move on with a walk-off field goal.

Online Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2022, 01:37:41 AM »
And the other #1 seed goes down. The 49ers also move on with a walk-off field goal.

Even though I am a Niners fan, I am speechless on how they won that game.   VERY speechless.   We weren't favored to win this game, but the defense and the special teams were the major factors.   

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2022, 01:20:31 PM »
a reminder that Drew and his punching of the Punch a Bunch board predicted the Bengals going far

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2022, 02:16:07 PM »
You can move forward and pencil in the Bengals for a football game on 02/13/2022 at SoFi Stadium. Find me a game where Cincinnati walks out a loser in an AFC Title Game.

Well, with a low scoring Saturday affair, I’m hoping for the opposite for the Sunday games.  It looks likely in the CBS game, but not as much in the NBC game.  Speaking of Saturday games…

Tennessee became the 25th team, the 13th AFC team, the 2nd division champion and the first One Seed to fall out of the 2021-2022 NFL season.  The Titans, as referenced are winless as the top seed, 0-3 all to AFC Central teams.  Well, it’s the AFC North, but Baltimore was still an AFC Central team as the North hadn’t been a thing yet.  With the Titans exit, the second division exits; the AFC South is finished.

Cincinnati is the first of four teams headed to the Championship week.  It’s their third AFC Title Game in just over 40 years, and the first one on the road.  The Bengals, who have yet to win 3 playoff games in a single postseason, have yet to lose a Conference Championship, at least in the Modern Era.  They did win for the first time on the road, and with that, something will have to give.

Green Bay became the 26th team, the 13th NFC team, the 3rd division champion and the last One Seed to fall out of the 2021-2022 NFL season.   The NFC North is the third division booted from the postseason.  With this change, the road to SoFi will now go through Raymond James Stadium for the NFC.

San Francisco will be one of 3 teams headed into the NFL’s Final 3.  By the time the 49ers take the field in the NFC Title Game, the team representing the AFC in the Super Bowl will be disclosed.  With the Niners victory, there are 6 teams remaining in the 2021 NFL Season.

Predictions for Sunday:

I’m going with Tampa Bay for the win.  Outright!  I was planning to have Los Angeles cover, but if they were to do just enough to cover, they’d probably do enough to win, period.  There is reason to believe that the Rams can win, but the stakes are so much higher.  They’ve had success against TB12, and sure I goofed and flipped to Green Bay to avoid the trend.  I did something similar last year with New Orleans.  The Bucs are getting people back, they’re at home, and the Rams are going West to East playing a NOON Pacific game on short week.  Finally, I think I have to go back to 01/20/2013 in terms of the last time I bet against Tom Brady & was correct.

It should be a great game at Arrowhead, and I can see either team blowing out the other.  Either team can win a close game, too, but I’ll go with Kansas City for the win.  What made me decide is emotion.  Buffalo might be all emotional after their epic game against their “antagonist” in New England.  First home game with a boatload of fans at Orchard Park (in a very long time), they took it to the Pats.  The Chiefs dominated the Steelers as well, but it was just business as usual.  Not a ton of people picked the Bills to win, and just about everyone thought Pittsburgh would lose a week after they thought the season was over for the Black N Gold.  No emotions for the Chiefs.  Just another home playoff victory.  By the way, the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC now goes through Arrowhead for the 4th consecutive season

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2022, 06:24:27 PM »
What a game. Brady ties it, but the magic runs out because he left too much time. The Rams are going to the Conference finals.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2022, 06:27:27 PM »
That game was not a work of art with the turnovers, especially from the Rams. I digress, it's been a weekend for the underdogs. Let's see if Buffalo can complete the sweep..
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2022, 06:32:48 PM »
Tom Brady: I'm on the comeback.
Cooper Kupp: Hold my beer.

Even with the win, the Rams need to cut Cam Akers.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2022, 06:33:00 PM »
It would be a complete sweep of road teams.  Too bad that didn't happen in 2015 LOL!

For the 3rd game of 3 as of this point, a field goal decides the game.  Plus, for the first time, there will be a conference championship game at the site of the Super Bowl

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2022, 06:48:18 PM »
6195+ days since a team won back-to-back Super Bowls. Kudos to L.A. Rams on the win today :-)
This will officially be the first Super Bowl with Collinsworth announcing that will not feature Tom Brady in it. Cris has been colour commentator in all of Brady's super bowl appearances : 39 (fox), 46, 49, and 52 (NBC). In my opinion. If Tom DID end up making the Super Bowl, I think he would be on the losing end. He hadn't been a winner in an even-numbered Super Bowl since Feb. 1, 2004
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2022, 10:01:22 PM »
Have I ever mentioned how much I really hate the NFL's overtime rules? :(

Hell of a game though. One for the ages for sure.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.