Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 23317 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 66 years of The Price Is Right
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2022, 03:05:58 AM »
The new name for Washington won't be announced till later this morning but sources--including WRC (NBC) in Washington--say it will be the Commanders.
Being famous on Facebook is like being rich in Monopoly. It's not real so calm down.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2022, 07:53:45 AM »
Brian Flores has sued the NFL and three teams -- the Dolphins, Broncos and Giants -- alleging discrimination regarding his interview processes with Denver and New York and his firing last month by Miami.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33194862/brian-flores-sues-nfl-others-former-miami-dolphins-coach-alleges-racism-hiring-practices?platform=amp

Yikes!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2022, 08:31:56 AM »
It's official: say hello to the Washington Commanders.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:35:04 AM by Ccook »
Being famous on Facebook is like being rich in Monopoly. It's not real so calm down.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2022, 11:32:00 PM »
Meh.  There may have been a ton of better choices, but there also could've been a lot of worse ones as well.  At least they actually & finally settled with a new name
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2022, 10:34:50 AM »
The Jaguars hire Doug Pederson has coach, thus meaning going by the scheduling rotation that he'll be returning to Lincoln Financial Field at some point next season. 

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2022, 03:46:32 AM »
Two new hires: Lovie Smith is Houston's new head coach while Dennis Allen fills the HC shoes in New Orleans.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2022, 08:36:55 AM »
Associated Press NFL Awards

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOY: Cooper Cupp
DPOY: TJ Watt
COY: Mike Vrabel
DROY: Micah Parsons
OROY: Ja'Marr Chase
CPOY: Joe Burrow
ROY: Ja'Marr Chase

The Cincinnati Bengals, my Super Bowl pick FTW, pretty much cleaned up Thursday night.  I can see several of the awards going another direction, but I pretty much agree with all of it

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2022, 11:12:10 AM »
The 2022 Hall of Fame class is Leroy Butler, Tony Boselli, Richard Seymour, Sam Mills, Bryant Young, senior Cliff Branch, coach Dick Vermeil, and contributor Art Mcnally, a ref.

For the most part I'm okay with this, but how on god's green earth did Bryant Young get in over Demarcus Ware? Demarcus Ware is a major snub.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Back to 72.

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
(Holding my nose)

Rams 27, Bengals 19

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2022, 11:04:51 PM »
The 2022 Hall of Fame class is Leroy Butler, Tony Boselli, Richard Seymour, Sam Mills, Bryant Young, senior Cliff Branch, coach Dick Vermeil, and contributor Art Mcnally, a ref.

For the most part I'm okay with this, but how on god's green earth did Bryant Young get in over Demarcus Ware? Demarcus Ware is a major snub.

I pretty much forgot Ware was up this year.  I remembered around November; seemed like he was getting in with no one threatening his first year entry.

Fortunately this looks like this will be the last year for a while they NFL Honors & HOF revelation will occur on the Thursday before the Super Bowl (instead of the day before).  I wasn't even excited for anything this year, but it did hit me when Ware didn't get the call.  Not really a lock, but that was a little surprising, I agree. 

No first-ballot guys this year, which is odd.  That usually happens, even when people don't deserve it.  Hester can wait, Johnson?  Meh.  The problem, however, is the log jam of HOF candidates returns; IOW, they were finally getting people in that should've been there earlier (Faneca in 2021, Boselli this year).  There should be room the next couple of years, esp 2024 before legit people become eligible mid-decade.  Joe Thomas should be a lock in 2023.  Revis?  Maybe, Deebo?  Maybe not.  Good thing there s a coach category instead of having a HOF coach take up one of five spots!

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2022, 10:53:04 AM »
Agree Ware probably should have gone in right away, although he should make it within a year or two.  I myself am disappointed they're still holding out on Eric Allen when he has more than enough career interceptions to qualify; of his longtime teammates, I also think Clyde Simmons has enough sacks for solid consideration. 

Sam Mills was also long overdue in making it, joining his longtime partner Rickey Jackson finally.  Does anyone here think their fellow Dome Patrollers Pat Swilling and Vaughn Johnson also did enough to make it? 

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2022, 11:44:28 AM »
Agree Ware probably should have gone in right away, although he should make it within a year or two.  I myself am disappointed they're still holding out on Eric Allen when he has more than enough career interceptions to qualify; of his longtime teammates, I also think Clyde Simmons has enough sacks for solid consideration. 

Sam Mills was also long overdue in making it, joining his longtime partner Rickey Jackson finally.  Does anyone here think their fellow Dome Patrollers Pat Swilling and Vaughn Johnson also did enough to make it?
Swilling won a Defensive Player of the year award in 1991 and was a 5 time Pro Bowler and 2 time 1st team All Pro. I think Swilling has a case. FWIW, this was Mills's last year in the modern era pool, so it's a good thing he made.

Eric Allen is the most underrated CB of the 1990s. In fact, I think that amongst CBs whose primary decade was the 1990s. only Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson were better.

I pretty much forgot Ware was up this year.  I remembered around November; seemed like he was getting in with no one threatening his first year entry.

Fortunately this looks like this will be the last year for a while they NFL Honors & HOF revelation will occur on the Thursday before the Super Bowl (instead of the day before).  I wasn't even excited for anything this year, but it did hit me when Ware didn't get the call.  Not really a lock, but that was a little surprising, I agree. 

No first-ballot guys this year, which is odd.  That usually happens, even when people don't deserve it.  Hester can wait, Johnson?  Meh.  The problem, however, is the log jam of HOF candidates returns; IOW, they were finally getting people in that should've been there earlier (Faneca in 2021, Boselli this year).  There should be room the next couple of years, esp 2024 before legit people become eligible mid-decade.  Joe Thomas should be a lock in 2023.  Revis?  Maybe, Deebo?  Maybe not.  Good thing there s a coach category instead of having a HOF coach take up one of five spots!
I agree on Boselli being long overdue.

I've thought all along Joe Thomas was a lock for 1st Ballot, but Ware not getting 1st ballot has shaken my confidence in that.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Back to 72.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2022, 04:06:49 PM »
Swilling won a Defensive Player of the year award in 1991 and was a 5 time Pro Bowler and 2 time 1st team All Pro. I think Swilling has a case. FWIW, this was Mills's last year in the modern era pool, so it's a good thing he made.

Eric Allen is the most underrated CB of the 1990s. In fact, I think that amongst CBs whose primary decade was the 1990s. only Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson were better.
I've thought all along Joe Thomas was a lock for 1st Ballot, but Ware not getting 1st ballot has shaken my confidence in that.

Good logic for all of them.  And also, in additional regards to the Gang Green defenses of the late 80s-early 90s, do you think Jerome Brown is worthy with just enough years played to be considered?  It would be admittedly a bit borderline with that in mind, but if Terrell Davis could rightfully get in with basically the same amount of seasons played, one would have to in theory consider Brown, who likely would have ended up with a Hall of Fame resume had fate been kinder, and in the time he did have put up pretty impressive numbers

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2022, 08:05:40 PM »
Despite a left knee injury for Rams wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. in the second quarter and whose questionable to return as per this tweet, they are leading 13-10 against Cincinnati at the half.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 08:09:47 PM by jude_este »

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 51, PRICE!!!
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2022, 10:12:01 PM »
AMAZING halftime show, first off!!  :-D :D

Also, congratulations to the Rams on your fist super bowl win since 2000!! (8051 days ago)  :-D  :-D
HAPPY 51, PRICE!!!