Author Topic: New CBS On-Screen Bug  (Read 1768 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
New CBS On-Screen Bug
« on: September 08, 2021, 10:03:25 PM »
I noticed this afternoon on CBS Daytime that the CBS bug was not located in the bottom right of the screen as it has since the 1990s.

The bug been miniaturized and has relocated to the bottom left side of the screen.

The new mini CBS bug was present during Y&R and B&B, but there was no CBS bug during The Talk. I checked back tonight and the new bug has reappeared in Primetime, again in on the bottom left side.

Apparently, this is the new look of CBS. It's sure going to take some getting used to seeing the bug on the opposite side of the screen after nearly 30 years of it on the right side.

It does appear to be strangely high up and not in the corner which is bothersome that it is not at all symmetrically placed on the screen in relation to the side and bottom of the screen.

Anyone else have thoughts on the new CBS bug?

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
Re: New CBS On-Screen Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 11:51:05 PM »
made the same exact observations you did, too small and off center. Possibly for affiliates to superimpose their call letters/logo around it??? it does seem jarring the location and size. For reference here is a screencap.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 12:45:43 AM »
For reference here is a screencap.

Colbert doesn't seem too pleased with it either.   xlx
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
It doesn't bother me. As long as it doesn't distract from what I'm watching. Our CBS (WGCL Atlanta) does superimpose their logo to the right of the bug when a show starts or returns from a commercial but only for about three seconds.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne