Author Topic: Price's Halloween Special 2021  (Read 1790 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
Price's Halloween Special 2021
« on: October 28, 2021, 11:20:18 PM »
https://fb.watch/8X7Doig7PO/

Price has released a teaser of their back to the seventies-themed Halloween show! The shag carpeting is back, the second turntable pattern adorns the home base, and the original Double Prices prop is also back! Really can't wait for Friday's show! I really hope they'll use the 5 Price Tags lights for a throwback Most Expensive if ever. :-)

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
Re: Price's Halloween Special 2021
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 11:58:25 PM »
Drew's also got the corded microphone. 

It's going to be fun comparing it to the others 70s TPIR specials they've done (Halloween 2011, Decades week in season 44).  Already, Drew's outfit is pretty amusing compared to those two. 

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 12:10:45 AM »
Drew's also got the corded microphone. 

I forgot the obvious. :lol:

Well two games can be seen in the promo, one being Double Prices and the other being Back to '72 (seen in a quick shot). I reckon that they'll include Any Number, Lucky Seven, Hi Lo (being wheeled in by 2 models), and Most Expensive to the lineup, slightly hoping that we'd see at least one replica of the original sets of those games.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 12:32:59 AM »
If you want to go into spoiler territory, CBSPE spoiled 5 of the games, and Notes for Nerds spoiled the last. The lineup is pretty much Any Number/Double Prices/Back to '72/Money Game/Most Expensive/Grocery Game, with only DP getting the retro treatment.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023