Author Topic: 2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT  (Read 19456 times)

Offline MrZone

• 10/24/01
  • TPiR Alumnus
2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT
« on: August 16, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
Also of note. 2 new games will make it’s debut. One is a limited one season only game.

https://t.co/D8LumHFyLi
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:02:46 PM by MrZone »

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »
More info.....apparently each day during Premiere Week will see a game where a contestant can win $1,000,000.....so in a way the MDS's are returning to kick off the season. https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=58044

Oh and also...this is new......"The episodes will also be available to stream live and on demand on the CBS app and Paramount+." no more online streaming only after the show has aired it appears.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:11:21 PM by pricefan18 »

Offline MrZone

• 10/24/01
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »
More info.....apparently each day during Premiere Week will see a game where a contestant can win $1,000,000.....so in a way the MDS's are returning to kick off the season. https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=58044

Oh and also...this is new......"The episodes will also be available to stream live and on demand on the CBS app and Paramount+." no more online streaming only after the show has aired it appears.

This legit should be its own thread.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 01:14:01 PM »
This legit should be its own thread.

Which part? Or both?

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 01:24:10 PM »
I haven’t been this enthusiastic for a new Price is Right season since probably Season 35, and that was before Barker announced his retirement.

Everything I’ve seen thus far points toward the network and production crew truly going out of their way to give this anniversary the special care it deserves.  I’m legitimately excited.  The September 13th premiere date is another surprise.  Perhaps the early jump is to allow for more episodes since the past two seasons were shortened.  Who knows.  All I know is my arse will be parked on the living room sofa from 10-11 local time that day.  I hope all who can see the show as it airs are able to do so.  I believe we’re in for something special.  The two-hour-long primetime episode — the longest episode in the show’s history — to follow is the golden cherry on top.

Let’s go!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 01:40:25 PM »
Watch it be Million Dollar Plinko.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 02:02:17 PM »

I'm sorry, I think you're misinterpreting what "live" means. You can currently and have for a while stream your local CBS station and other CBS services via the CBS app and Paramount+. Price episodes have been available on these platforms as well. I see nothing changing. That is standard verbiage in any show press release these days.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »
Excellent news about the primetime special, and wow two hours! Little surprising it's being put against Thursday Night Football though.

Also nice the season is premiering a week earlier than usual. The new game Back to 72 sounds interesting, I guess it'll be like Now or Then but with more than just GPs. Wonder what the other game will be. The chance to win a million each episode seems unnecessary though, though maybe it's a nod to the MDSs. $50,000 each episode would've been appropriate.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 02:11:11 PM »
Little surprising it's being put against Thursday Night Football though.

I guess CBS isn't scared of the game being played that day , Jags vs Bengals , lol

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2021, 02:24:43 PM »
I guess CBS isn't scared of the game being played that day , Jags vs Bengals , lol

No one's afraid of Jags/Bengals.  It's not even on FOX!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 02:36:53 PM »
I'm sorry, I think you're misinterpreting what "live" means. You can currently and have for a while stream your local CBS station and other CBS services via the CBS app and Paramount+. Price episodes have been available on these platforms as well. I see nothing changing. That is standard verbiage in any show press release these days.

Oh, I didn't know about that. Shows how much I've been in the loop lately. I stand corrected though then.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »
Now this is certainly must-watch TV right here, and I'm especially looking forward to a crowd of some capacity. I'd basically see this special to work like the 25th, with a mix of games and special segments featuring flashbacks and interviews, but with the full hourlong format presented. Even if it's just million dollar versions of cash games, I'd rather have MDS-style games where a certain goal, like lighting up every digit on Any Number in the car or coming to within a dime/quarter of the total in Check-Out.

Watching those season 1 episodes floating online is a great way to practice for that new game, and it will also be the first game to be played for just a single season since the original Time Is Money in Season 32.

No one's afraid of Jags/Bengals.  It's not even on FOX!

Not to mention that they're small market teams.

September 13 also lines up with when a cycle on Pluto is slated to end, and hopefully to commemorate a new season, the start of a fresh drop will also take place as well, being four months since the start of the previous drop began. Of course, the season premieres of Wheel, Feud, and of course the first Jeopardy! with Mike Richards as permanent host will also take place, so its definitely shaping up to be a red letter day in the history of game shows.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:06:43 PM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 03:27:35 PM »
Also of note. 2 new games will make it’s debut. One is a limited one season only game.

https://t.co/D8LumHFyLi

It'll be interesting to see how this limited-run game plays. Sounds interesting from what little I've read.

Brian

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 03:48:57 PM »

Actually, this has been possible for at least the last five years when it was CBS All-Access. As long as you were in a market that supported it, you could watch a live stream of that affiliate. It was limited when it first debuted (I was lucky I lived in a city with an O&O), but expanded rapidly to the point where I think most, if not all, affiliates are supported. Has come in very handy over the years when I wasn't home during Price time.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »
It seems they are going all out for the milestone, and I'm excited!! Of course we don't know the format of the primetime special, but I can only assume they'll have plenty of time to fill with throwback clips, BTS stuff and all kinds of contestant interaction.

The idea of Back to '72, a single season pricing game to commemorate the occasion, is also a nice touch. However my curiosity has me even more intrigued by the second, hopefully permanent, game on the docket.

Are/were there any clues or tidbits as to what that game about over the last year? I ask so I can spend the next month speculating and coming up with theories, just to be inevitably be proven wrong on premiere day  :-)