Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Price is Right Video Collection

Song From The Price is Right - 1976 record album

(1/2) > >>

William:
Tonight, on the eve of the 50th season premiere, I thought I'd share with all of you a little project I put together last year.

I love editing and sequencing music, it's something I learned in college and now I do it as a hobby. I decided to put together what could have been an album of TPIR music released in the '70s.

Right from the start, I knew that this would mostly consist of music from the 1976 package. These songs were the peak of musical creativity for the Edd Kalehoff compositions he made for TPIR. Ultimately, the final product came down to 14 tracks and about a 31 minute runtime. I had a larger number of tracks picked out to start with and narrowed them down to the ones that made for the best and most cohesive listening experience. I don't remember all of the tracks I was originally working with, but I do know the last song cut from the album which was Splendido.

Album sequencing is very important to me and I always try to craft the best listening order for the music itself. Some things I did that allude to the actual show include having one car song per side, as well as beginning with Walking and ending with a Showcase song (Starcrossed).

From a both a producer's and businessman's standpoint, this is would have been a promising record. With TPIR being as popular of show as it was, the album was guaranteed to be a good seller right from the start. It's an album that would be bought by adults who already loved the show, and also younger people who like music with a Progressive, Jazz Rock style, as most of the tracks are. It's also an album of great music on its own, and would be a steady seller for years as the show gained more and more fans.

Enjoy!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1B55JnispQ
(time stamps are in video description)

Hypothetical Details
Release date: Late Summer 1976
Chart peak: Top 30
Single release: Amen, Brother Herbert b/w Phaser (also Top 30)

wvoutlaw2002:

--- Quote from: William on September 12, 2021, 11:04:37 PM ---Tonight, on the eve of the 50th season premiere, I thought I'd share with all of you a little project I put together last year.

I love editing and sequencing music, it's something I learned in college and now I do it as a hobby. I decided to put together what could have been an album of TPIR music released in the '70s.

Right from the start, I knew that this would mostly consist of music from the 1976 package. These songs were the peak of musical creativity for the Edd Kalehoff compositions he made for TPIR. Ultimately, the final product came down to 14 tracks and about a 31 minute runtime. I had a larger number of tracks picked out to start with and narrowed them down to the ones that made for the best and most cohesive listening experience. I don't remember all of the tracks I was originally working with, but I do know the last song cut from the album which was Splendido.

Album sequencing is very important to me and I always try to craft the best listening order for the music itself. Some things I did that allude to the actual show include having one car song per side, as well as beginning with Walking and ending with a Showcase song (Starcrossed).

From a both a producer's and businessman's standpoint, this is would have been a promising record. With TPIR being as popular of show as it was, the album was guaranteed to be a good seller right from the start. It's an album that would be bought by adults who already loved the show, and also younger people who like music with a Progressive, Jazz Rock style, as most of the tracks are. It's also an album of great music on its own, and would be a steady seller for years as the show gained more and more fans.

Enjoy!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1B55JnispQ
(time stamps are in video description)

Hypothetical Details
Release date: Late Summer 1976
Chart peak: Top 30
Single release: Amen, Brother Herbert b/w Phaser (also Top 30)

--- End quote ---

This is really cool! If I had a record cutter, I would definitely put this on a vinyl.

vnisanian2001:
Good hypothetical effort here. Definitely feels like a record that would have been sold back then.

angus91:
Why do I think "Dig We Must" might have been a better single? Is it because it sounds a little Funkier? No disrespect to "Amen, Brother Herbert", because I love that song.  :-D

CaseyBuck:
Edd Kalehoff didn't compose the 1976 package. It was by Walt Levinsky for Score Productions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version