Author Topic: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price is Right! - THE END  (Read 30816 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price is Right! - THE END
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:59:26 PM »
Yes boys and girls, that's right!  I'm starting up my show again, just for your entertainment!  You all know the rules by now, so come on in, sign up, and play!  You get 24 hours-ish to reply whenever it's your chance to do anything, show will start on...oh, let's say Sunday afternoon unless the sign-ups dictate otherwise, and the audience WILL participate and have fun!  Or else!

Okay, one more thing...I like to have my own little 'interview' where I ask some silly question, pick the answers that amuse me the most, and call them on down.  So it behooves you to come up with a good response, and preferably one that tickles my funny bone...or at least one with some thought behind it.  And today's question IS...

'No matter what question I ask, no matter how many people sign up, it seems like Frank15 is always one of my first four contestants.  Now, I know the rest of you are wonderful, interesting people, so why should I choose YOU to come on down as one of the first four contestants instead of Frank?'

There you go.  Sign up and buckle in!

(Boy, Frank's answer should be interesting...)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price is Right!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 07:55:54 PM »
Well this show certainly seems popular.  Guess I'll be first to sign up.

Why should I be called to be called as one of the first four instead of Frank?  Well, Frank tries too hard, for one.  Give a question about why Plinko is overrated by the general populace, and he's likely to give a whole thesis on the matter.  No one wants to read all that.  Two, it means I have to try harder to come up with an answer to your question, since I know he won't just give an appropriate response like "Plinko sux!"  Three, Frank's a mod, and I think it's high time we stood up to him and show him that we're not gonna' put up with his [color=0000FF][edited by Frank15][/color].  Five, he knows how to count.  And six, I hear he's faked having multiple personality disorder, and that he's having an episode even as we speak... err, type.

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
Okay...that makes...one response.  In eight hours.  I think I've broken some sort of record here.  

Where are all you guys?  Do I need to break out my dry-erase board and whack you all upside the head with it?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »
I think you should choose me to be one of the first four contestants instead of Frank because I don't want him to steal the limelight away from you Army considering that you are the star of the show. And he shouldn't be a contestant at all. Instead have him model the prizes! That way he won't "harm" the show. Oh and there's a 4 in the list of numbers thank you.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »
I'm in too.

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:40 PM »
Why you should pick me instead of Frank?

1. Let’s say that for some unknown reason, the show goes haywire.  If you had called Frank, then he would be able to waltz in and lock the show, causing all your hard work to go down the drain.  If you call me, I would not be able to lock it and cause all your preparation to be wasted.

2. There is generally only one way to pronounce the name, “Frank.”  If your announcer were to call me, there would be many ways to pronounce it:  There’s “Matt-ee,” “Mate,” “Matt-ee apostrophe,” or “Matt-tay.”  By calling me, there would be variation and excitement added to an already wonderful show.

3. I have eight contenders to be the new host on the real show in my avatar as opposed to Frank’s six. :)
So long!

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:52:46 AM »
But, if you don't call Frank down, he could lock the show just because he's jealous. :-D

You should call me because I did something other than the obvious "add-a-number" to make MY monosyllabic name more interesting as a username. Oh yeah, and I don't host evil shows. I just draw them now.

Plus, I was the least-sucky Check-Out contestant in Frank's show history! :oldlol:
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 01:05:51 AM »
You should call me down instead of Frank because we've already stuck it out through two seasons of Amazing Race.  Besides, I'm not the one to admit a guilty pleasure show I watch, like Sailor Moon, and then make my avatar a character from the show.  And speaking of my avatar, you can't deny that I'm bringing sexy back to your show. ;)  So if you want a bigger hit than some certain Bloom-Lover, pick me.  

Oh, and he locked my last show midway through.  Give me some pity here!

And that I was the first ever contestant to win my way onstage on your first ever episode, which should disqualify me from participating ever again, but I didn't win the Viper!  I lost myself. :(  

And finally, if you don't call me up, I'll flood your AIM with NHL playoff talk, because that's the only sport I can ramble about and sound like I know something. :P

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 07:21:21 AM »
Four reasons I want to be picked to "come on down" to your Contestant's Row instead instead of Frank:

1.  My PG setups are way more evil-minded than his.  :-D

2.  I will root for the Illini football team for the rest of my days should you call me down.  :-D

3.  I want to be able to one-up somebody and actually GET ON STAGE, unlike Frank's show.  :-D

4.  [color=006633]GO ISLANDERS!  :-D  :-D  :-D[/color]
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »
The reason I should be in contestants' row instead of Frank is because I only won a fan which I can use and Gucci boots that I cannot where on his show.  On your show at least I can win something I can probably use.  :-P If that doesn't help.  I want to be able to clean house on another person's show beside Fireball's  :lol: Finally, I also watched salior moon when I was little. :P

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 01:44:51 PM »
Hmmm...so why should I be called instead of Frank?  Let me count the reasons:

1.  It's not lupus.  For some reason, Frank always thinks it's lupus.  But it's not lupus, and I know it, and I'm right!

2.  Look at our handles.  8/8 represents a great day in Chicago sports--8/8/1988 was the first attempt to play a night game at Wrigley Field.  1/5...who the heck wants to be reminded of Chicago in January?  Cold, snowy...BRRRRRRR...and certainly no famous sporting event!

3.  You & I, as fellow Illini, both know what FRANK really stands for:

[color=0000FF]edited by LiteBulb88 for fear of being banned by Frank15 for exposing the truth[/color]

So that's why!

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
Well, we're up to nine entries, so we could probably get this thing started if I felt like it...but I don't.  So I'm gonna extend signups for another 24 hours-ish.  So sign up while you still get the chance!  :)

Offline simpson93

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 06:26:10 PM »
I'm in.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
I want in, too!!

Offline lucyrickyalex

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Armadillo's Semi-Annual Price is Right! - SIGN UP, PLEASE!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 01:22:05 AM »
You can count me in, since you're so desperate.

Oh, you had a question in the original post, something about a frequent contestant.

Okay, I'll be frank (no pun intended).  Since he has been one of the first four to COME ON DOWN!!!!!, I'm sure he has won plenty of fake cash and prizes.  I just don't want for him to pay a lot of fake taxes on all those fake winnings!
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien