Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/07/2006  (Read 24090 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/07/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 07:27:39 PM »
I see our friend "Anonymous" is back again.  I'm actually surprised the board allows anonymous users to post.

Anyway, I really enjoyed today's show.  The games were fun, the contestants were great, all in all, very enjoyable.

Pushover - I would have lost this, stopping at $9065.

Master Key - Just to be different, were I the contestant playing, I'd probably pick keys 1 and 5.  But this was really fun today.

IITB - Gwen fooled me for a second.  I thought she was just going to zoom through the product picks, and she did at first and then let the audience talk her out of $4000.

Danger Price - Keith gets my vote for contestant of the day.  He was just so excited to get up on stage and was fun throughout.  I would have won this I think, but the prices were much higher than I was expecting for the drum kit and the daybed.

SS#2 - I don't think Keith would have been able to take winning $10,000.  

An excellent show overall.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »
I see our friend "Anonymous" is back again. I'm actually surprised the board allows anonymous users to post.

Actually, they aren't supposed to be.

I'll look into that immediately.

(Edit:  I found out who that anonymous character is......it's "quadrupleplay" -- gonna check to see if he's the same one who's referred to us moderators as Nazis -- I did something to his account to see if it'll stop these anonymous users from posting as anonymous)

While I'm posting this, might as well talk about the show (or try to  lol):

Master Key..........wowzers, when's the last time that happened, both dud and the master?

Last number worried me in Dice Game.  Glad it worked out for her.

IITB:  Yikes.  Didn't she go with the correct one first then change her mind?  If that was the case......owwwwwwwwwwww.

Push Over:  Definitely was the end of the road with the blocks for the correct price.  Had that feeling from the get-go.  Seems like, after looking through the other replies, that there were a couple of good possibilies, and she chose wrong.  Oh well, ya win some, lose some, and a few get rained out.  :-)

Overall:  Not too shabby of a show.

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 09:10:55 PM »
I actually think the last playing of Master Key had both keys won, but the contestant got only the dud key and one of the small prize keys.  There was some relatively tough stuff today, although both car games got won.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »
Pushover: I would've been suprised if the price wasn't $8290, given the way Pushy tends to go...

IUFB#2: $1.....HMMMMMMM  :roll:

Master Key: Nice to see both the dud and the master key picked, I don't recall that happening, at least not recently. And my brain took an early commercial break because I thought the electronic game was going to be $41.

It's In The Bag: I think I was confusing the Citracal with another calcium cupplement (Os-Cal maybe?) because I thought that was around $13.99.  :-?

Danger Price: For not paying attention (eating) I missed the setup, but I caught the last 2. I didn't think the computer would be $1318 so I was going for the drum set.  :-o

Dice Game: I was worried over that last number. Luckilly Nellena won.

Freeze Frame: Maybe my brain went to a commercial break early again, but that $3611 looked mighty good to me at the time.

Last Commercial Break: "You maaaade me love youuuuuuuuuu" :hammer:  :pint:

Showcases: Great, the first time I decide to be more generous with bidding on a FRTS, and I go OVER  :roll:  *SIGH* I bid $23,000 on Nellena's showcase. For Keith's I bid $25,500. And I was suprised that both had underbid by so much, but I thought Keith had underbid less.

An OK show today, with a stand-out MK performance as the highlight.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the trip to Space Camp in Keith's showcase brought back memories of Finder's Keepers and Double Dare 15-19 years ago, both of which gave away such trips. Ahhhh, memories!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 12:13:16 AM »
Even after the last playing, I can't believe Master Key was actually won.  That's actually two playings in a row now that an even-numbered key has opened the car.  Hell must be freezing over.

And ya know...it irked me that they never unlocked the trip.

And speaking of that...how long has it been since Master Key offered a trip, anyway?  Gotta be at least a few years.

How the heck did Gwendolyn end up losing It's in the Bag the way she did?  She almost had the third bag right, and then she just...didn't.

My God...Danger Price has actually been played 10 times this year!

Speaking of Danger Price, Keith was a fantastic contestant.

Dice Game was very suspenseful.  You knew darn well she had the thousands digit right, so the whole game really came down to the last number.

It's a real shame Matthew lost Freeze Frame, because he's one of the most self-confident contestants I've ever seen play it.

I have to admit, I was sort of disappointed that the "Spelling Bee" showcase didn't have any references to Spelling Bee.  The showcases were both good, though...even the wordplay showcase, which had a nice, unexpected touch with the explosion at the end.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »
Best line of the day was when, during the Showcase Showdown, Bob asked Nellena about giving her new car to her husband and she responded, "Oh no, Tiger! He's getting the old car!"  (or something to that effect).  Has any other contestant ever had the nerve to call Bob "Tiger"??

(Please don't kill me if I didn't get the quote EXACTLY right.  The point was her calling him "Tiger", which I thought was absolutely hilarious!)
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »
LiteBulb88 wrote:
I'm curious if, in Master Key, Bob knows what keys the contestant has.

I know that Roger signals to Bob which two keys have been chosen, but I don't know exactly how the signaling works. So after the keys are chosen, then yes, Bob knows whether one of the keys is the master or the car and emcees accordingly.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 01:32:44 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
And speaking of that...how long has it been since Master Key offered a trip, anyway?  Gotta be at least a few years.

I'm pretty sure Master Key had a trip to San Diego as one it's prizes late in season 33.  That's the last time I remember a trip in the game.