Author Topic: To the penny question  (Read 3484 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: To the penny question
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 04:07:04 PM »
Okay. I didn't yesterday's playing (DVR issue) and only saw what the recap and discussion. Maybe I'll try to see if yesterday's show or at least the To the Penny playing is on YouTube.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
Re: To the penny question
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 12:30:57 PM »
He can't do that. As it would be a violation of Standards and Practices. Was he unclear about the rules? To me "To the Penny" is "Penny Ante" on steroids.

Joe

This was essentially confirmed with Mary's playing that aired on 6 October 2021. When she spent a penny to hide one of the wrong options, we heard the 'Penny Ante wubba' played multiple times as the prices randomly blinked. I was completely overjoyed when I heard that! It hasn't been since an early playing of 'Vend-o-Price' that we'd heard that sound on the air.

Can't wait to see it used more often.
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend