Author Topic: Favorite trips in recent history?  (Read 632 times)

Offline MadHattter1108

• Outside in Line
Favorite trips in recent history?
« on: September 22, 2021, 09:11:56 PM »
What are your some of your favorite:

Domestic/North America trips
International trips (usually in showcase)

What and why?

If possible, what about that accommodation besides the city itself do you remember/like? I noticed a lot of trips are boutique hotels or not in the major city you would associate with the location on some of the areas.

Look forward to seeing your responses!

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Favorite trips in recent history?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 06:54:59 PM »
It's been interesting seeing a few places locally, being here in upstate NY, that might not normally make it onto a show like this.
Even if they can't figure out where they actually are sometimes ;)

I do note that most of those (the Lenox MA one, Lake Placid and the not so Catskills) fit your thought of being more boutique hotels or resorts, which is likely to make up for them being in places that most people wouldn't think of (though all very good areas with interesting sites to visit beyond just the hotel, made easier to do by most having a car included due to the lack of easy airport access).

Offline BonusShell

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 04:09:58 PM »
Not that recent, but in the 1990s (or possibly early-2000s), there was a trip to the Mall of America that was won during a playing of Master Key. (If I recall correctly, the contestant did not win the other two prizes in that game.) I'm not sure that this would qualify as one of my very favorite trips, but malls were a much bigger deal back then, and I am a huge fan of the mall culture of yesteryear.

By the way, I once took a trip to the Mall of America. At the time, all four of its original anchors--Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Sears--were occupied. Since that time, Bloomingdale's and Sears have closed.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • 9821 get!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 04:18:08 PM »
They had a 19-day tour of Tennessee pop up a couple of times, with an emphasis on the food. Given that that's the only specific trip I remember since last season, I guess that takes my pick.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: probably like $500k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 04:46:34 PM »
Its not one trip, per se, but in general, I am glad to see the trip locations getting less run of the mill. They've been more creative in the last few years.

I also like seeing when a location is offered is somewhere ive been and the accommodations are also somewhere ive stayed... but thats just me.

Its also only happened like, 4 times, lol.

Online mechamind

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Mechamind Boards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 05:45:33 PM »
Pretty much any trip to or near the Alberta Rocky Mountains.