Author Topic: Path to Perfection II: 123123123's PG Gauntlet (S2, E7)  (Read 14223 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Path to Perfection II: 123123123's PG Gauntlet (S2, E7)
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2021, 11:23:55 PM »
I'll take all of the marvelous gifts, final answer.

But had I went for the car, I'll go $70,859.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2021, 11:28:51 PM »
^Coward   :P

(although for future reference, I've never seen any additional option for a Lexus not end in a 5 or 0, and that combined with the fact that I don't think 123^3 is mean enough to do repeating digits, but mean enough to use a 0, got me to my price)
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2021, 10:55:12 AM »
1233: Ok, first off congrats are in order for JhayPrice, you have successfully navigated through 5 games without fault. Some of those were close calls, but no losses. Hopefully you will be back next time.

{loud cheers from all other eliminated players}

So now that bailout leaves a solitary TPIRFan#9821, let's put your guess up on the board.

{ding}

Now we know the 7 is right, so...

{presses button}

{ding}

Now, I'm going to do something a bit weird, shocking I know. I'm actually going to start revealing the numbers at the end and work towards the start.

I hear the backstage crew yelling from here for me not to, but everyone and their mother knows that...

{presses fifth button}

{ding}

...the last number in a Lexus is either a 5 or a 0. This may or may not be the last Lexus we offer on the show while you're around 9821, pretty sure you won the last Lexus we offered too.

Now with that out of the way, let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We are looking for a 4 in the fourth position now, and we get...

{presses fourth button}

{ding}

...a 4! Aww man, we are closing in on this win.

Now, surely we didn't put repeating 4s in there, did we? I know it's Temptation and it's for a Lexus, but we couldn't have, right?

...I think I have an issue asking questions that you literally have no way of answering. Let's just press this and....

{presses third button}

{ding}

...there's the 8!!! Now 9821, the only issue we need to resolve for you to do the incredible is to find out whether this is a $70,000 car or a $73,000 car.

No pun intended, but I'm tempted to just press that button and rip the bandage off y'know? But I feel like a thorough summary is in order prior.

Now we started the day playing Safe Crackers with 9 excited players looking to right their mistakes from the last time they were...

Announcer: Uh, Numbers? Before you continue... {points to 9821}

{looks over at 9821, with a highly anxious and slightly irritated look}

1233: Umm, on second thought, let's just get to it. If you want a summary, just read through the thread, it's barely 4 pages  :-)

We are all hoping for a 0!

...not 3!!!!!!!!

{presses button}

{WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP}

{loud cheers and congrats from other eliminated players}

Perfection, well done 9821! You're gonna have to update your signature, I threw 6 different games at you and won them with relative ease to walk out of here with about $145,000 worth of great cash and prizes!

Crazy thing is, we still have a showcase for you to try your hand at! While you try to calm down after that epic showing, please give me an envelope choice (A-H) while we setup to find your range, could be anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000. Best of luck!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »
Well, holy cow! Let’s take envelope A for the victory lap!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2021, 05:02:52 PM »

1233: OK, well inside of envelope we find a range of...

{opens it up}

...$7,000! Not the best, but not the worse. Now let's see what we have for you in the showcase. Take it away, Mr. Announcer.

~~~

Announcer: In this showcase, we're gonna focus on perfection, as we have all show.

Now the perfect game on the show has to be It's In the Bag. You're free to disagree, but it has everything I'm looking for in a game.

So in honor of its greatness, were going to give you...a bag!!

This quilted small satchel has a sleek turn lock closure as is made of Napa leather.

{cheers}

Now, the game is obviously not just called Bag. So surely there must be something inside of it, right?

{opens bag using sleek turn lock closure, digs around inside}

Yes, it seem that there is something inside, it looks like its the controller to...your new drone!!!

This 7ft long range surveillance drone set has a great assortment of features such as automatic object following, up to 40x zoom, thermal vision and automatic return. This set also includes a command center laptop and movement controller!

{applause}

Now the perfect day to me has to be 75, sunny and relaxing near the water. So let's give you that opportunity with...

{door 2 opens}

...a new sailboat and a trip to St. Kitts!!!

First, this 14' tall sport sailboat shows high performance with great stability and a low maintenance construction.

And then, you and a guest will fly round trip from Los Angeles to Bassaterre, St. Kitts and Nevis for a 7n stay in a king size room at the Park Hyatt St. Kitts. While there, you will be treated to a guided kayak tour and a private wine tasting, not at the same time though.

{applause}

And finally, I can't think of a more perfect ending to applaud you perfection than offering you...

{door 3 opens}

...a BRAND NEW ELECTRIC CAR!!!

This 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV LT comes with all the standard equipment, as well as comfort packages and a cargo net. Its the Chevy Bolt!!!

{applause}

Now, you've already been perfect, but if you're looking for the cherry on top, then this is your showcase. But only if the Price is Right!!!

~~~

{more cheers}

1233: Quite the showcase 9821, now I just need a range of $7,000 for the total of your showcase. Best of luck

{9821 thinks it over again}

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »
I'd like to pass this showcase.

...wait, you're saying I can't do that? Well, um, let's go $59,821 then, sure.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2021, 05:38:10 PM »
...and I forgot how my own showcase gimmick works. Since I meant for $59,821 to be my midpoint, I'll set my range from $56,321 to $63,321.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2021, 09:01:31 AM »

1233: I forgot about how this works too, I don't really know what to display on the single podium. The median? The low or high value?

We could bring out the second, but you know what, just stand behind it and remember your range, we'll do it manually.

Now if the total is anywhere between $56,321 and $63,321, you're a winner. The actual total is...

{slowly pulls tag}

{ding, ding, ding, ding, ding}

Just like everything else you've done so far, that was a nearly perfect range!

This, along with everything you won throughout the show bring your well over $200k on the show.

For everyone who played along, thanks for joining and hope you all had a good time

{credits start rolling}

~~~

Overall, things went about as expected. IMO, I think there were 2 of each gimme (Safe, C-O), average (5PT, Tempt) and loss favoring (Push, Spree) games.

Also, if I do another, don't think I'll do a showcase to end, seemed a bit anti climatic after the fact  :-)

But, once again, thanks all who joined