Author Topic: E-Ticket Question  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Nellis

• In the Audience
E-Ticket Question
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »
What is their policy on verifying E-tickets?  Do they actually verify that your name matches your ID or just verify that you arent giving out copies?  The reason I ask;  I was able to get standby e-tickets and plan on going (I also have a regular ticket).  So, could I give these tickets away without worry?  I was able to get more than a few, and have plenty of standby extras to the June 6th show, which I will gladly give out for free if someone can clarify this.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: E-Ticket Question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »
It's a good question, but I really can't remember anything to give a decent answer.  Lemme just say that they do check to see if the name on the e-ticket does match your I.D.; I think you have to give them just the top piece of paper.  

Also, I think you had to sign something, but...

*sigh*

Oh well...I hope I answered your question right.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline megvela

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »
When we went there last April 16th, they never checked the name on the eticket.  

Before I gave out the etickets I will not be using, I asked them to call CBS ticket office.  

"I contacted the CBS Ticket Office and they indicated that it makes no difference whose name is on the e-ticket. As long as we have it, we can use it."

They were indeed able to use the eticket.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 07:45:39 PM »
I myself called the CBS GR Dept this morning and asked that very question and the person on the phone spoke with confidence that a ticket can be given away.

Now whether or not they will start verifying the e-ticket to a list and only allow that ticket to be used once, who knows.

Don't be surprised if they do.

Offline Nellis

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
Hmm, thats what I heard too, but I heard now that they are checking the ticket numbers, just to make sure people arent printing them multiple times.  I guess this means that I have some June 6th standby tickets that I will be giving out for free.  (I also heard from a couple of different people (including CBS)that they only gave out a limited amount of tickets for june, and that only 300 tickets were given out per show, so that leaves a good chance of getting in on standby.  Maybe the studio thought its a better idea to tell 20 people their not getting in, rather than 200!