Author Topic: We need to finally talk about Rachel Reynolds and her amazing longevity.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
Rachel Reynolds has been an on-air personality with TPIR for over 18 years now and in 2022, will have surpassed both Dian and Holly, making her the second longest TPIR model after Janice.

She's the only on-camera staff left from the Bob Barker era and she was even there when Rod Roddy was still there. These are crazy statistics.

I wish Rachel got more acknowledgement and credit in the TPIR world for what she has accomplished. The fact that she's never gotten an anniversary special in an era where TPIR does specials for anything and everything is ridiculous. Rachel is a genuinely good human being and has always done a great job on the TPIR.  I don't know if Rachel checks this board but if she does, Rachel, you are appreciated big time!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:55:45 PM by TPIRViewer »

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
I can't speak for anyone else, but I will say that I've noticed quite a bit of respect for a very long time directed at Rachel on the boards.  I don't think it was off the top, but it was reasonable enough.  As for the show, I think they've given her a ton of credit and respect.  For one, they've kept her around after all these years.  At the end of the day, I'd wait until Season 51 and/or June 2023 at which point, the show would totally honor her.  Just my opinion
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
I'm not sure of the exact date, but factoring in Holly's absence in Season 12, Rachel will actually have been on the show longer than she was by the end of this month.

It's crazy to think that she's been in the cast longer than anyone besides Janice and Bob.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline HQnerd

• Outside in Line
I imagine if Rachel makes it to 20 years they're almost certainly going to have a special anniversary episode for her, and I can almost guarantee the first game in that episode will be Lucky 7 where Rachel "accidentally" crashes a car.  :-D

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
I imagine if Rachel makes it to 20 years they're almost certainly going to have a special anniversary episode for her, and I can almost guarantee the first game in that episode will be Lucky 7 where Rachel "accidentally" crashes a car.  :-D

I don't doubt that they'll acknowledge her 20th anniversary, but don't see them doing a whole special about her. The Big Doors are much more high tech today than they were when the Lucky Seven incident happened so I doubt that would be created in any event. Maybe a Showcase in her honor. I say this only because the show doesn't seem to celebrate personal cast milestones all to often.

I wish Rachel got more acknowledgement and credit in the TPIR world for what she has accomplished.

Rachel is the only model to be featured in the show's opening logo for season 50. I think that speaks volumes. Rachel is to me what Janice, Dian and Holly were to do many others and while I still admire and enjoy seeing the latter three, Rachel will always be TPiR's #1 model to me.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!