Author Topic: Newlywed Game starts Nov. 15 on Buzzr  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Newlywed Game starts Nov. 15 on Buzzr
« on: October 20, 2021, 05:12:47 AM »
Buzzr has been running teasers for what looked and sounds like  The Newlywed Game, and now BuzzerBlog confirms it. The Newlywed Game starts on Buzzr November 15. Time not yet announced.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Newlywed Game starts Nov. 15 on Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 11:26:09 AM »
It could lead to more Sony game show acquisitions, including Pyramid.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »
I can't stand most relationship game shows (Baggage is pretty much the only one I somewhat enjoy), but I know I'm in the minority among the general public on that, so this is a pretty solid acquisition for Buzzr. I'm not holding my breath on this leading to Jeopardy! or Wheel on their lineup anytime soon, though...

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 04:00:25 PM »
So what will Buzzr remove to make room for Newlywed? Putting on my tin foil hat: As they've aired Password at the time it originally aired in the East (2 ET/1 PM) and Newlywed premiered at that time (which along with CBS bumping Password on that day for Robert McNamara's press conference which helped facilitate the show's demise), I say Password.

Watch me be wrong. Again.😜
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
Based on an image I saw somewhere (Facebook or Instagram, most likely), it appears that the 1997-98 season is likely to air on Buzzr.

A post mentioned that it hasn't been shown in about 30 years.  Little did they know that the 1997-98 season has aired on TV several years ago - if only in Canada, on GameTV.

Hopefully this will be a sign that more Sony material may come to Buzzr someday.  I'm hoping for classic Wheel of Fortune and The Joker's Wild.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 11:00:44 AM »
We have a promo from Buzzr, which also revealed that the show is only going to air over the air and cable.

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 02:48:11 PM »
Disappointing it's only OTA/cable. I guess revenue model of the streaming sites gets to be too complex for these types of leases which I presume involves some share of revenue. I assume Cable/OTA applies to the Dish channel as well which would be the only national way to see it.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 02:47:50 AM »
So what will Buzzr remove to make room for Newlywed? Putting on my tin foil hat: As they've aired Password at the time it originally aired in the East (2 ET/1 PM) and Newlywed premiered at that time (which along with CBS bumping Password on that day for Robert McNamara's press conference which helped facilitate the show's demise), I say Password.

Watch me be wrong. Again.😜
Sure as rain I am wrong again. Newlywed Game will air weeknights at 9:30 Eastern
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 02:35:56 PM »
Looks like Card Sharks will bust out. The online Pluto Game Shows stream could end up being "BUZZR 2" for all intents and purposes as the main BUZZR keeps adding new shows. Believe it or not, I remember watching this season of The Newlywed Game on GSN back when it was basically in recurrent run, with episodes airing just a few weeks after the first-run syndie airings as a result of the infamous "Dark period", and it was one of the last shows I remember watching with my late paternal Grandmother before she passed the following year.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 01:12:41 AM »
I noticed in the credits a "George Grey" listed as the warmup guy. I would presume this is TPIR's George Gray? If so, strange that they would misspell his name.