Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Price is Right Video Collection

April 5, 1982 (#4471D)

(1/2) > >>

mellongraig:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnj6tCHOA64

pannoni1:
Yes, that's Pick-a-Pair that Bob's hinting at during Check-Out. I don't believe that I've ever recall Bob ever hinting at the premiere of a new game that's on a future episode ever besides this occurrence. That's "Let's Groove" by Earth, Wind and Fire on the jukebox.

That certainly was a gimme of a Most Expensive setup there.

I never knew that up until this point that there was just one occurrence where a player got all five prizes correctly on Switcheroo, even if that was on the second attempt.

No spay or neuter plug is present here, but it's known to have been used on 4501D. Nice to see another pre-Pluto episode turn up, and I found it odd to see an ad for Hot Wheels since toy commercials aren't really known to be aired outside of Saturday Morning and/or before & afterschool cartoon blocks.

mellongraig:
Speaking of Check-Out, the losing horns would now be used for a loss by this playing along with the regular buzzer at the time (the losing horns weren't used in the premiere playing). I don't think it wasn't until 1986 or so in which the foghorn began to be used for losses (and it might have been around the time Grocery Game started using it as well), though not permanent yet.

Briguy:
Hey, I love the Jiffy Pop popcorn commercial. Especially the time-lapse and sound effects added in of the popcorn popping.

I just wonder if we'll see popcorn as a prize in any of the 1977-1978 Concentration episodes that'll soon air on Buzzr? (Remember that the Narz-era shows had at least one, often two consolation-level prizes per game.)

Brian

mellongraig:
I do stand corrected, the September 14, 1982 episode has Check-Out use the foghorn for the loss but at that time it wasn't permanent yet.

Seach for Tomorrow was moved to another network so the spay/neuter line may have begun by this point, but the announcement for another show on most CBS stations was well gone by then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version