Author Topic: Pyramid on Pluto TV, could it happen?  (Read 550 times)

Offline vnisanian2001

• In Contestant's Row
Pyramid on Pluto TV, could it happen?
« on: November 02, 2021, 11:05:46 PM »
A channel with both 1980's runs, including the 1984 episodes and April-October 1987 that GSN didn't play. I would love to see this.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 65 years of The Price Is Right
Re: Pyramid on Pluto TV, could it happen?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 02:42:55 AM »
A dedicated channel like Price, doubtful. Sony would have to be stroked a healthy check to clear it, and with the CBS/Syndication 80s shows being the bulk of available, it simply wouldn't warrant. Pluto would stand a better chance with a dedicated channel for Family Feud.
Irony is when somebody writes "Your an idiot."

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 07:16:47 AM »
Pluto would stand a better chance with a dedicated channel for Family Feud.

GSN is already available on Pluto.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 65 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
Noted.😉 The Harvey Feud is to GSN what Teen Titans Go is to Cartoon Network.
Irony is when somebody writes "Your an idiot."

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 09:55:52 AM »
GSN never aired late 1983 nor early 1985 episodes of (New) $25K as well. As much as I'd love a Pyramid: The Clark Era channel, a buyout from Sony on BUZZR is much more realistic at this point. Its just too good of a show to not have on the air given its countless Emmys, as well as successful revival that only airs weekly in summer. I recently received a handful of $20K episodes in a trade, including the final week from June 1980 with Bill Cullen as one of the guests. There's nearly 2,000 episodes from just the '80s runs of the show, so there's a lot to include, and I'd love to maybe see the rare 1981 $50,000 Pyramid or 1991 Davidson $100K versions turn up someday as they were never rerun on GSN, USA, CBN, or of course BUZZR. We'll see now that TNG is coming to BUZZR.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
Iím with pannoni in terms of the possibility of Buzzr acquiring Pyramid from Sony (I actually planned to post a question last night about what it would take but got too tired and exhausted from the fall classic).  It would basically complete the library in terms of CBS gameshows (given they had PYL and Whew along with the G-T stuff).

Itís not a guarantee or a shocker if it canít happen, but Iíd still be a bit surprised if it doesnít happen at all within the next year and change.  IMO, it would be a win-win depending on cost among other things.  Itís not like (or comparable to) Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune where those are still on the air to go along with how much it would take to have J & WOF on Pluto with their own channel.  Pyramid (all versions) is rather underrated as mentioned.  Previously considered a long-running show, it isnít in todayís climate, but long & successful enough that a deal could be worth it.  Prior to Jeopardyís 80s return, Pyramid might have been a media hit had the online world been as big of a deal back then as it is today
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • pain
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 12:12:28 PM »

America Says airs more than Harvey Feud nowadays, just like how Cartoon Network is now airing a lot of toddler shows.

Could it? Yes. Will it? I'd bet on not anytime soon, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: probably like $500k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 01:07:15 PM »

I couldnít come up with a better analogy, honestly.

Iím trying to think of a current show on GSN that could be compared to The Amazing World of Gumball.