Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 39...  (Read 30443 times)

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 39...
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2022, 07:17:50 AM »
The odds of landing on the $100,000 wedge is one in 13,824, while the odds of three solves in a row, assuming a 35% solve rate, is about 1 in 23, so we basically witnessed an event that happens approximately 1 in 322 thousand! Probably never going to ever happen again like Cal Ripken's consecutive games streak. In other words, this occurrence was about as rare as a perfect win in Plinko. Two of the three solves were especially impressive with relatively little info showing.

With the explosion in the popularity of Wordle, perhaps for Season 40, Wheel could incorporate some green and yellow letters as possible bonuses, or even tossups.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2022, 10:19:40 AM »
This three-in-a-row should really be its own thread, as it's nowhere close to the original topic. Maybe next time, we ought to create a general Season 40 thread just a few days before the season begins.  :P

Anyway, that was an amazing three days. The first puzzle VULTURES OVERHEAD was simple enough, but A QUICK FLIGHT was hard...and JUST YOU WAIT was impossible. But all three were solved, and I'm feeling good about the publicity.

When I first started this thread, I thought this was not going to be popular.   I am amazed that it is popular.   And with 3 $100,000 WINS this week?   I am amazed. 

I have a feeling Bonus Land is going to be in EXTRA HARD mode tonight.  I call the PHRASE/ THING/ WHAT ARE YOU DOING the Raw Deal list.   That's what Bree had to deal with in her taped episode.   If they put a list with BOTH THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING in the mix, it spells potential trouble.

As for starting a Wheel of Fortune Season 40 thread in the near future, I am definitely down for that.

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2022, 10:53:28 AM »
I'm sure that Bonus Wheel was rigged. I don't see how else it could happen. I bet they added more $1K envelopes to the wheel, like they do on Celebrity WOF.

Offline amazzola910

• Outside in Line
  • What a bonehead
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2022, 11:11:15 AM »
I'm sure that Bonus Wheel was rigged. I don't see how else it could happen. I bet they added more $1K envelopes to the wheel, like they do on Celebrity WOF.

It's literally a federal crime to rig a game show, if that happened they would all be in jail. There's always been only one $100k envelope on the regular show.

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2022, 12:57:51 PM »

The odds of landing on the $100,000 wedge is one in 13,824, while the odds of three solves in a row, assuming a 35% solve rate, is about 1 in 23, so we basically witnessed an event that happens approximately 1 in 322 thousand!

Not sure how you came up with that math...there is a 1 in 24 chance of landing on the $100,000 envelope as there are 24 spaces on the wheel. Technically, if you look at the way the pegs are laid out, each wedge has 2 different spots you can possibly land on; meaning the odds could be even higher that you land on it.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2022, 01:11:36 PM »

Then you're wrong. Period.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2022, 01:49:43 PM »
I think sabotaging would be a better word instead of rigging in terms of the Bonus wheel.  Sabotage in this case would be adding more $100,000 envelopes to increase the chances, whereas rigging would be to "weigh" the wheel in favor of a big win.

Anyway, as mentioned, neither thing happened.  I get this is pretty much unprecedented.  That's coupled with several losing streaks in the bonus round.  The fact is what occurred has always been a possibility.  It was on the level of shocking, but there's literally a chance every night for the big win.

Wheelfan, the number 13,824 represents (or should represent) the chances of 3 $100,000 winners in as many nights, not just one night.  That number is correct.  2 spots per wedge is still 1 in 24 (2 in 48 if you want to count each spot)
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2022, 02:12:28 PM »

I have a feeling Bonus Land is going to be in EXTRA HARD mode tonight.  I call the PHRASE/ THING/ WHAT ARE YOU DOING the Raw Deal list.   That's what Bree had to deal with in her taped episode.   If they put a list with BOTH THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING in the mix, it spells potential trouble.

The puzzles for each game are predetermined. I’m sure the budget will hurt in the near future, but it definitely won’t show on the rest of this week’s, or its sixth episode.

As a former contestant on the show, any talk of rigging is hilarious to me. Just like we’ve had three way ties on a dollar (much better odds, yes) on Price, this can happen. Personally, having no spoiler knowledge, I hope it happens again tonight.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2022, 02:49:30 PM »

Permanent ban.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Online ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2022, 03:30:18 PM »
I will never understand why it's so difficult for people to understand that game shows aren't rigged. Not everything is a conspiracy, for Christ's sakes.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2022, 06:15:49 PM »
I will never understand why it's so difficult for people to understand that game shows aren't rigged. Not everything is a conspiracy, for Christ's sakes.

I guess it’s because some people can’t learn keep suspicions to themselves. And also because they also don’t know it’s been illegal to rig a game show for over 60 years.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2022, 07:18:57 PM »
I guess it’s because some people can’t learn keep suspicions to themselves. And also because they also don’t know it’s been illegal to rig a game show for over 60 years.

I'm thinking more don't care than don't know. It is [tooti-fruti] bizarre to see 3 $100,000 wins in a row, let alone 1. There's nothing kooky going on. Just some weird luck.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2022, 07:35:33 PM »
I think Pat sums it up well enough.

1491467600169254916[/tweet]]Invalid Tweet ID[/url]

If a mod knows how to embed the tweet, have it the edit.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2022, 08:17:06 PM »
they've grown used to having EVERYTHING else be rigged

politics, and certain "reality" shows as examples

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2022, 08:38:03 PM »
Can we please stop arguing rigging or this thread is going to be locked.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]