Author Topic: Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, Card Sharks and Sale of the Century coming to GameTV  (Read 812 times)

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In the Audience
According to GameTV's Facebook post, the Canadian cable network will be launching Celebrity Wheel of Fortune beginning on November 23.

Also, as per GameTV's online schedule, beginning on December 6, two new classics - both Fremantle-owned - will launch.  Card Sharks will replace Super Password at 1:00 p.m. ET, and replacing Love Connection at 4:30 p.m. is Sale of the Century.

After endless cycles of the same 30 episodes, Press Your Luck is gone on December 6, and replaced with an additional Match Game airing - which means there will be three airings of Match Game per day.

Regarding the schedule, November 26 will be the last fresh episode of The $100,000 Pyramid.  They supposedly cycle back on November 29.  I am not sure if they cycle back to the 1985 premiere, or the latest acquisition.

It is not known, however, which version of Card Sharks will be coming - the online schedule shows Joel McHale as the host, but wasn't McHale's version always one hour long?

Regarding Sale of the Century, I am willing to bet they will start with the January 1985 debut of the syndicated version, as that was what Buzzr started with several years ago.  But nonetheless, it will be great to see Canadian-born Jim Perry have some exposure on GameTV - considering they are unable to acquire Definition.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:42:15 AM by FanOfDrew87 »

Offline vnisanian2001

• In Contestant's Row
Jim Perry wasn't born in Canada; he was born in New Jersey.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
It's typical that a TV or online schedule will show the current host in their listings.  For example, when Dawson or Combs family feud aired in my area, they'd list Steve Harvey.

Anyway, I'd be okay with any version of Card Sharks except the 2001 version.  Don't know when I'll be back to Canada though, but if I had to guess, it's probably Perry or Eubanks, not McHale
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
According to GameTV's Facebook post, the Canadian cable network will be launching Celebrity Wheel of Fortune beginning on November 23.

Regarding the schedule, November 26 will be the last fresh episode of The $100,000 Pyramid.  They supposedly cycle back on November 29.  I am not sure if they cycle back to the 1985 premiere, or the latest acquisition.

It is not known, however, which version of Card Sharks will be coming - the online schedule shows Joel McHale as the host, but wasn't McHale's version always one hour long?

Wasn't that done (as many of shows in the primetime game shows lately have been) as basically 2 separate shows within the hour?  Thus, they could run each half separately if they need 30 minute blocks.

Also, being that they are getting the Wheel (which we know has to be the current ones, since they never did Celebrity versions before), it might make sense to have another newer show as well?

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The moonlight carries the message of love
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Jim Perry wasn't born in Canada; he was born in New Jersey.

Correct, however he did a lot of television work in Canada including Definition (the longest-running game show in Canadian TV history) and the Miss Canada pageant.  His schedule up here was flexible enough that he could maintain his shooting schedule in the States at the same time
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life /2011 CSS bronze medalist/Blitz Club

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
On a somewhat related note, apparently some new episodes of "Sale Of the Century" are coming to Buzzr starting Nov. 25. (I'm sure as a "Black Friday"-type promotion, perhaps?). I saw the promo for the first time during today's Concentration episode.

So I wonder: Are we getting the rest of the 1985-1986 syndicated run (i.e., the spring 1986 episodes to the last show in the run, after Lisa Munoz's $50,000 and lot win)?

Brian

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
On a somewhat related note, apparently some new episodes of "Sale Of the Century" are coming to Buzzr starting Nov. 25. (I'm sure as a "Black Friday"-type promotion, perhaps?).
Correct, for their third annual "Black Friday Frenzy" event. Friday night, November 26th, 7:30pm to 2:00am.

So I wonder: Are we getting the rest of the 1985-1986 syndicated run (i.e., the spring 1986 episodes to the last show in the run, after Lisa Munoz's $50,000 and lot win)?
If we are, we're not getting them for this event. What we're getting here are Darryl Garrison's episodes, from the next-to-last and last week of the NBC run in 1989.