Author Topic: Concentration on Buzzr  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Concentration on Buzzr
« on: November 15, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
Now that we're into the 1977-1978 season and the new Double Play prize-matching feature, it'll be interesting to see a few things:

* Whether someone will play for – and win – all four prizes available in a single Double Play game. On top of that, whether a single contestant will (in sweeping the game) be victorious in both Double Plays, and whether in doing so someone will top $10,000. I might do the math later on, but I'm sure the maximum possible take on a given episode might be pretty nice for the latter half of the 1970s.

(On a side note: I don't recall that, of any of the 1976-1977 episodes aired on Buzzr, there was a game where both Double Plays were won, either by one contestant or by both.)

* What some of the prize packages themselves will be. So far, we've gotten the "Weekend Package" (where the only prize mentioned was a set of golf clubs; I'm sure there was more to it), a "Time To Relax" package (with recliners and a grandfather clock); a Pacific Ocean cruise to Vancouver; and a trip to Puerto Vallarta. Wink Martindale-uploaded episodes from a few years ago had other gifts, such as a stereo, a chef's package and much more.

* If "Splendido" is indeed the main prize plug theme. The episode they played today (ep. 1293, reaired Nov. 15, 2021) used a different cue.

* Whether, after all the 1977-1978 episodes are aried, whether Buzzr will cycle back to the start of the 1976-1977 season or if they'll go all the way back to run the 1973-1974 season.

Some of these things we'll have to wait and see, I suppose ... although anyone who has memories of the final syndicated season of "Concentration" might be able to give us a taste of what we can expect.

Thanks! Really enjoying seeing all these shows.

Brian