Author Topic: TPIR production to relocate?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
TPIR production to relocate?
« on: November 18, 2021, 03:18:00 AM »
Fremantle recently leased facilities at Reframe Studios in Los Angeles; and separately, I have heard that the company plans to move production of The Price Is Right and Let's Make a Deal to a new location. Perhaps the two are linked?

https://theregistrysocal.com/fremantlemedia-leases-43000-square-feet-at-reframe-studios-in-los-angeles/

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR production to relocate?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 04:48:52 AM »
Leasing space in and of itself means nothing.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 12:01:43 PM »
I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Television City would be no more by 2023?

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 12:57:03 PM »
I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Television City would be no more by 2023?
This is false, they are currently remodeling TVC with a new $1 billion dollar plan.

Price, along with all the other CBS shows under their current contract (or at least the one that was announced most recently) has the show staying there until at least 2023.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 01:21:56 PM »
Television City's plans are to add more stages and office space than exist already, which I see as nearly fulfilling CBS's original design for the facility.

There is no telling what Fremantle is going to do with the facility and it's conceivable that they could consolidate some of their productions there but until there is any news, there is no sense worrying about it.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 09:45:24 PM »
Sounds like it may be for new streaming productions.  But that reads like it's just an advertisement for the studio space.

Personally, I think Price is likely to stay put, unless a large space comes up cheap.  It doesn't sound like this place has the warehouse space Price needs to store all the props and prizes.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 11:51:57 PM »
It doesn't sound like this place has the warehouse space Price needs to store all the props and prizes.

Bingo.  Just think of your typical 200,000 sq. ft. Walmart.  You really think Price can have a complete studio, storage for all prizes and pricing games, dressing rooms, etc. in a space 1/5th that size and have enough space left over for other productions?  It’s not happening.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker