Author Topic: Game TV new additions  (Read 1500 times)

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
Game TV new additions
« on: December 13, 2021, 05:50:10 PM »
Since when did Game TV acquire the rights to Card Shards and Sale of the Century classic episodes?

Afternoon Schedule:
1pm:  Card Sharks
1:30: Tic Tac Dough (Caldwell)
2:00-3:30pm Match Game (CBS version)
3:30-4:30pm: $100,000 Pyramid (Clark)
4:30pm: $ale of the Century (Perry)

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Game TV new additions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:22:50 PM »
I can answer that quetsion.

GameTV started airing the Perry versions of Sale of the Century and Card Sharks on November 29.  Sale started with the syndicated episodes, from the middle of Michael Friedman's run (three episodes before Alice Conkwright started her run); and Sharks started with the July 18, 1978 episode.

Tic Tac Dough's initial batch of Caldwell episodes started at the beginning of March 2020, and the second batch of Caldwell episodes started around mid-September, I believe, in addition to Pyramid. Fresh episodes are continuing.

Match Game initially started early in June 2018 with 1975 episodes, and Pyramid started in the fall of 2017 (not sure which month) along with The newlywed Game episodes that are now being shown on Buzzr.

The current batch of Match Game has 73 and 74, and started last March.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 02:41:18 PM »
They also began airing Celebrity Wheel of Fortune recently. I believe that's the first time they've aired any version of Wheel of Fortune.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »
They also began airing Celebrity Wheel of Fortune recently. I believe that's the first time they've aired any version of Wheel of Fortune.
I believe it is.  I hope this may be a sign that classic Wheel of Fortune may end up being added to the retro block in the future, but I highly doubt it will be from the shopping era.