Author Topic: Any 'standbys' wanna collaborate in line for June 4th tapings?  (Read 10386 times)

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
Hi folks!  I was thinking it might be fun and useful if some of us who are in the "stand by tickets only" boat got together  to sit and hold a group of spaces in the line in shifts. That isn't frowned upon is it?  I sure hope not.  

If it isn't taboo to have a few people at a time holding spaces for others, we could split it up and sit for 3 or 4 hour shifts at a time. I know the earlier we get in line the better, and I truly have no idea how early will be considered early enough for stand bys to have a chance for this last week of Bob.  Anyone want to get together?  Got any other ideas on how we can work together to get the best possible result with our stand by tickets?? If we had 3 or 4 groups of us working together it would certainly be less exhausting in shifts. I'm coming from Raleigh NC, and will hopefully drag my bff from Oklahoma with me if I can talk her into it. :-)

Someone please correct me if I should not be suggesting this. I don't wanna break any rules good gracious! :oops:

Lemme know!
Jude

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
Re: Any 'standbys' wanna collaborate in line for June 4th tapings?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:38:28 AM »
Yeah sure why not. I have a stand-by ticket to the 4:30 PM taping on June 4. There is nothing wrong with you suggesting that, in fact a lot of people that are in groups will do the lineup in shifts. I'm arriving in Los Angeles on the morning of June 2 and since I'm alone, I'd definitely be interested in grouping up to hold spots in line.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »
I can wait in line from 1 AM-6 AM.

Offline shar

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
Hi 1985_tpir_fan,

I think I talked to you via e-mail already.  But I would like to meet up with you guys as well.

I can be up in LA by 9 or 10 pm and wait in line anytime after that. It will be myself, my mom and my sister.  Should be fun.  

Oh also I can bring chairs and blankets if needed, just let me know.

Thanks!

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:18:14 PM »
So do you want to hold the spot from 9 PM-1 AM & then you can take a break after that?  Hopefully we can find others to wait in line before that too!

Offline adam1mc

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 10:43:02 PM »
I've got tickets for the 4:30 taping on the 4th as well.  My roommate and I are flying out from Denver early the 3rd and were planning on camping out pretty much from the moment we arrive.

If it helps get us in the show I'd be up for meeting up in a group as well.

Offline shar

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:34:05 AM »
Sure, I can take the 9PM - 1AM shift. I'll e-mail you and give you my mobile # so we can meet each other in line. I'll also bring the standby tickets for the 5th.

geoff & adam1mc, I have extra (standby) tickets for the 1:15 show, you guys are welcome to those tickets.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 03:18:25 AM »
Hmm so for the Monday taping, how far in advance do we intend on starting the line?

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 11:01:53 PM »
Ok so Shar has the 9PM - 1AM shift and I have the 1 AM- 6 AM shift.  Geoff and Adam1MC, please post the times you want to wait in line.

I think we really want to get in line as early as possible, no joke--even Saturday or early Sunday morning if possible.

From what I understand, if we our #1 for standbys, we have a pretty decent chance of getting in.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 12:32:04 AM »
I'd be interested in doing a shift maybe early Sunday morning or afternoon. Care to assign a time to me?

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 08:56:23 AM »
hi folks. i'm sorry i won't be joining you. i'm still fuming about it and can't seem to stop watching this forum. :-) i hope you saw this post already...

http://www.golden-road.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=4&post_id=49584#forumpost49584

i think saturday at noon wouldn't be too early to get in line based on this report. it's only going to get crazier, but it looks to me like your chances are good if you are early enough!! woo hooo! :-) cheers, jude

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:56:02 AM »
Geoff--do you want to wait from 6AM-noon on the 3rd?

Then we'd just need 1 or 2 people for 12 PM-9PM.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 12:50:12 PM »

1985_tpir_fan wrote:
Geoff--do you want to wait from 6AM-noon on the 3rd?

Then we'd just need 1 or 2 people for 12 PM-9PM.

Sure sounds good. So am I going to be the first in our group to wait in line or will there be someone else with a shift before me?

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 01:10:42 PM »
You'll be the first unless we find more people to wait before you.

We still need a person/people for 12PM-9PM on the 3rd.

Offline adam1mc

• Outside in Line
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
I've got standby tickets for the 4:30 taping on the 4th.  My roommate and I can take the 12:00 - 9:00 shift.