Author Topic: 2022 Obituaries Thread  (Read 66393 times)

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: 2022 Obituaries Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 09:35:32 PM »
i was sharing a YT link to the first 10 eps of his last Home Videos season on discord when i first heard the news

grew up with his era, Dave Coulier's spinoff - America's Funniest People, and Full House

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 09:47:42 PM »
So sad and sudden, and he had just done a standup gig last night.

Thanks for the childhood memories Bob Saget with Full House and the early years of America's Funniest Home Videos, and also more memories in my teenage and young adult years as Future Ted on How I Met Your Mother.

Online ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 02:53:44 PM »
While many of you grew up associating Bob Saget with Full House or America’s Funniest Home Videos, being the game show-obsessed, 2000s kid that I am, I best remember him as host of NBC’s 1 vs. 100, which is probably my favorite primetime game show ever. He will be missed dearly, and my condolences go out to his family.

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 03:01:27 PM »
New York real estate heir and failed fugitive Robert Durst, the subject of the HBO documentary series The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst, has passed away from natural causes at age 78.

And as Alfonso said last spring after the passing of Bernie Madoff, I do not want to wish ill of the dead, but I hope Robert Durst brought plenty of ice water to where he is heading.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 03:04:41 PM »
While many of you grew up associating Bob Saget with Full House or America’s Funniest Home Videos, being the game show-obsessed, 2000s kid that I am, I best remember him as host of NBC’s 1 vs. 100, which is probably my favorite primetime game show ever. He will be missed dearly, and my condolences go out to his family.

I remember also watching him on 1 vs 100... yet not the non-Saget hosted GSN version of that show

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 05:04:18 PM »
He was Squiggly Monster in season 4 of The Masked Singer
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 08:27:59 PM »
figured this would fit here, as the show's yt page (for AFV) is doing a Saget tribute marathon

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2022, 04:59:33 PM »
Ronnie Spector, leader of the 60s girl group the Ronettes ("Be My Baby," "Walking in the Rain"), age 78 of cancer.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2022, 10:46:10 PM »
Country Music Hall of Fame member Ralph Emery has passed at the age of 88.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/ralph-emery-country-broadcaster-dead-obit-1285470/

I grew up watching his talk show with my Grandma when it was on TNN back in the 90s. He will be missed.
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2022, 03:17:30 AM »
Radio talk show host Michael Jackson, age 87 of Parkinson's Disease. He had a nationally syndicated show on ABC radio and is in the radio broadcasting Hall of Fame.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline dagdoggnh

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 03:37:12 AM »
Meat Loaf(born Marvin Lee Aday), the singer/actor best known for his role in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and the "Bat Out Of Hell" rock albums", passed away on January 20, 2022 at the age of 74.  Cause of death not yet revealed.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/meat-loaf-dead-bat-out-of-hell-rocky-horror-picture-show-1234917056/

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 12:36:46 PM »
Wow. I just saw the article about Louie's health a few days ago, and I thought he might be able to get through this.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 02:07:50 PM »
Don Wilson, co-founder and last surviving member of the Ventures, age 88 of natural causes.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2022, 10:11:58 PM »
Meat Loaf(born Marvin Lee Aday), the singer/actor best known for his role in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and the "Bat Out Of Hell" rock albums", passed away on January 20, 2022 at the age of 74.  Cause of death not yet revealed.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/meat-loaf-dead-bat-out-of-hell-rocky-horror-picture-show-1234917056/

I've seen in one or two places it was related to the coronavirus, but Meatloaf's health had been on the decline for the past several years, about a half decade or so.

While he's been a pretty big deal in other areas, his version of the National Anthem in 1994 was top notch.

Saddened to see Louie Anderson go.  Even though he's sixth in FF hosting rankings, I tuned into his version several times when it ran (can't believe it's been a couple decades).  Prior to this version of the site, the hope of the show returning to the "classic version" in terms of "first to 300" were more than legit.  While I was glad that they finally returned to that format, I pretty much never turned the TV off whenever Louie's Feud was on.  The show was off the air for nearly a half decade, and despite a lot of the results, it was alright, and Anderson did okay with what he had to work with.  Also, he was rather decent in terms of his stand up.
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck