Author Topic: Help understand "stand-by" compared to "regular" tickets  (Read 3753 times)

Offline bcprs1

• Outside in Line
Help understand "stand-by" compared to "regular" tickets
« on: May 27, 2007, 12:45:05 AM »
My wife and I just received tickets for June 6th, but they are Stand-by.  After reading over this forum, I'm getting worried that these tickets are pretty much useless.  I'm just curious how many regular tickets are being given out for the last show?  Judging by the number we have on our stand-by tickets, it seems like they give out at least 1500 of these.  
We are definitely willing to sleep outside for the night (i've done this several times for Patriots and Red Sox tickets), but we are worried that someone with a regular ticket who arrives after us would get in before us.

Just curious if anyone here actually got regular tickets for the last show also?  I saw some guy selling them on craigslist, but kinda makes you think they could be a scam.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Help understand "stand-by" compared to "regular" tickets
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 02:48:49 AM »
I don't know that they give out 1500 tickets for a regular taping, but they definitely distribute more than the ~330 capacity for the studio.  I didn't think CBS distributed 'stand-by' tickets before taping; rather, that was something that was handed out on taping day.  By my understanding (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), the stand-by tickets are only honored after everyone with a regular ticket shows up and is processed.  With June 6th being Bob's last show and your having a stand-by ticket, I wouldn't get my hopes up on getting in to the studio...

And for tickets on Craig's List, eBay or others:  TPiR tickets are supposed to be free.  Paying several hundred dollars for a free ticket on the chance that you might see Bob.... I love Bob and the show, but not that much.

Edit: I just saw the announcement on the front page about stand-by e-tickets.  After reading that, it seems all the paper tickets will go first.  Still seems like a longshot, but give it a try if you're up to it.  If you've got an e-ticket, you'll probably want to be in line very early so you can be at the front of the e-ticket group, just in case they go to stand-by tickets.  Good luck.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline juderedman

• Outside in Line
Re: Help understand "stand-by" compared to "regular" tickets
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 08:48:37 AM »
re: ebay - i watched an auction that ended yesterday, and 2 non-standby tix for june 4th went for a whopping...$880.