Author Topic: Want to take turns in line June 6th?  (Read 4854 times)

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
Want to take turns in line June 6th?
« on: May 27, 2007, 10:08:54 AM »
If anyone wants to take turns holding a spot in line for June 6th, that would be great.

I only have standby tickets so I need to be 1st in line :-)

I am available to wait in line from 1 AM-6 AM.  If anyone else is willing to hold a spot in line please post the times you are available!

Offline Nellis

• In the Audience
Re: Want to take turns in line June 6th?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »
Count me in!  The people that I gave standby tickets to will probablly be interested too.  I live 7 miles from CBS studios,. so Im sure we can work something out.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:55:30 PM »
Also, if anyone wants to take turns for the 4th and 5th there are forums for that too.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
Nellis-can you post the times you want to wait in line?  Also if you are going the 4th and 5th, there is another forum for that if you want put the times you are available.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:22:24 AM »
I think I'd be interested in doing a morning shift, like 6 AM - 12 PM on June 5. So in other words, right after the line for the June 5th show gets issued OAPs, I'd theoretically be starting the lineup for the June 6 show. Then at noon, someone else would take my spot.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »
Can anyone wait any shift between 12 PM on the 5th-1 AM on the 6th?

If we could find one person to hold the spot from 12 PM-6 PM and one from 6 PM-1 AM we'll be set!

Offline brettp

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
I could definitely do one of those shifts, or i could possibly even do a shift from Monday night (the 4th) at about 11:30PM or midnight til 6 AM on the 5th, essentially starting the line for the June 6th show on the night of the 4th. I'm going to be in Disneyland all day Monday with my girlfriend, so we might be able to shoot over to Hollywood for the night. I'd have to run it by her first though. But I don't know, would that be a good idea? I'm not sure how it would work having lines for two different days there at the same time. I can't imagine why it would hurt. What are your thoughts?

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:59:07 PM »
I'm not sure how it would work, but if it is possible I think it is definately worth a shot!

Hopefully yourself, Geoff, and I can make a schedule so we can be 1st in line.  I only have standbys and I really want to get in!

Offline brettp

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »
Yeah, I only have standbys too, and I will do whatever it takes to get into that show. I can definitely be there from midnight the night of the 4th until 6 AM on the 5th, and I can definitely be back at about 10 PM that night and hold our spot until 1 AM when you get there. My group of 4 is driving from San Diego, and we're leaving at about 5:30 PM, so with traffic and everything I'm guessing we'll show up about 10 PM (with minimal traffic it's usually about a 2 and a half hour drive). If we can't get anyone else for those shifts from noon to 10 PM I can come earlier, but the rest of my group can't, so we would have to split up into two cars, which I'd rather not do. But hopefully Nellis can take one of those shifts and maybe one of us can take another or something.

We can totally do this! And hopefully we'll be first in line, considering we'll be getting there 30 hours before gates open. I'm excited.

Offline bcprs1

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 04:11:49 PM »
Guess I will be seeing you guys in line.  My wife and I are driving down from Oakland on Monday night after the Red Sox-A's game.  We should be there around 5-6am tuesday morning.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »
BCPRS1--want to hold a shift in line so you aren't there all night?  Look at the next post to see available times.

Offline boddorf

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »
Here is the current schedule:

June 5

12 AM-6 AM Brett

6 AM-12 PM Geoff

12 PM-10 PM--We need this shift covered!!

June 5/6

10 PM-1 AM Brett

1 AM-6 AM Jen/Danielle

Everyone, please e-mail me your e-mail address and phone # so I can send everyone each other's info.  Also, if you can cover any time between 12 PM-10 PM on the 5th please let me know!  I'm sure we'll work something out.

J_boddorf@hotmail.com

Offline jillyhoo

• Outside in Line
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 12:33:29 AM »
Hi everyone: my 2 sisters and I only have stand-by tix and can't fly out from MN till after our jobs on Tues. night (and because I have a child, etc). So, we won't get to the studio till 1 a.m. Wed., June 6th. Sounds like a pipe dream that we even can get in: what are your thoughts? We'd definitely help hold lines, etc, but, again we're getting there so late, so not sure if others would even want us to do this.  We're on a "Dewy Pilgrimage": our dad (his grandkids called him Papa Dewy) passed away in January and he (and we) have loved the show forever. And, the final show will air on his birthday (he'd be 65 this year on 6/15), so that's why we wanted to get on the last show (but only got stand-by tix).  If you all think we don't have a chance of getting on, etc., please let me know. I don't have a great feeling about this, but dont' want to give up our pipe dream entirely yet. Thanks so much everyone. And, if we can't get on, I hope you all do.