Author Topic: Official Price is Right NFTs  (Read 5044 times)

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: Official Price is Right NFTs
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2022, 09:33:08 PM »
What a fantastic idea for the current host to create a PG around, involving flushing wrong numbers down a toilet, thereby maybe flushing a correct number and thereby flushing a win down the toilet.
"Flip Flush"
"It's in the Can"
"Plunko"

"Hot Seat" :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 07:56:49 PM »
July 15th, about 1 day 20 hours from now.

$20 for a digital name tag, $50 for one of a thousand recolored Cliff Hangers sets, and an auction for a Yodely Guy NFT, that can be redeemed by the end of 2023 for the actual prop.

ugh
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:59:25 PM by TPIRfan#9821 »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 10:03:13 PM »
The first two you mentioned are definite ughs. But the third one is rather interesting, as it includes one of the yodely guys the show has actually used over the years.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 10:42:01 PM »
Quote from: Theta Labs
Cliff Hangers debuted on The Price Is Right in 1976, a mountain climber, aka Yodely Guy, hikes up the mountain in hopes of avoiding going over the edge. If Yodely Guy reaches the top of the mountain, you’ve achieved the “100% Success” trait and completed the Big Wheel challenge! Keep playing for a chance to win the ultimate collectible from The Price is Right!

1) I don't understand what this means, and I'm okay with that.

2) That isn't the goal of Cliff Hangers.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 11:22:22 AM »
as of today the value of crypto is worth about 44% of what it was on February 8, the date these NFTs were announced; and 29% of what it was worth in October 2021, when the "screenshotting NFTs" meme on TikTok started taking off

I'm sure it's a coincidence though
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."