Author Topic: Official Price is Right NFTs  (Read 5043 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Official Price is Right NFTs
« on: February 08, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »
Well, there isn’t much discussion to be had, but have fun debating if NFTs are worth it.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Official Price is Right NFTs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 07:44:48 PM »
I would have killed to be a fly on the wall in the Fremantle meeting where this idea was pitched.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 09:40:10 PM »
Price is Right drinking game: chug three kegs if this idea is a good one.

After that, chug six kegs if you find someone who just chugged three kegs.

We'll all stay sober for decades.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:42:26 PM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 09:54:04 PM »
Now might be the perfect time for a comment from Torgo.

Regardless of whether the idea is a good one, I'd still be curious of the types of NFTs they'd potentially offer.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 10:54:45 PM »
Well, there isn’t much discussion to be had, but have fun debating if NFTs are worth it.
What an absolutely predatory crock of dogshit.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 11:28:58 PM »
Fremantle needs to give its exclusives to websites that aren't clearly in desperate need of a copy editor.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Online ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 11:43:59 PM »

I don’t know what an NFT is, and quite frankly, I don’t want to.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 01:55:32 PM »
I'm reminded of the Sony email leaks, where some ideas were pitched to help keep the newest Spider-Man movie hip to the kids:

Very buzzworthy and cool!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 03:31:05 PM »
I'm reminded of the Sony email leaks, where some ideas were pitched to help keep the newest Spider-Man movie hip to the kids:

Very buzzworthy and cool!

This must be what TPTB are trying to do, as in, appealing to a younger audience even further. Explains why Price has a TikTok now, I suppose.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 03:50:28 PM »
Considering the show has been doing this for years...is it really that surprising?

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 04:27:54 PM »
The show has had a presence on twitter, Instagram, apps like TikTok, etc. for years. That’s 100% normal for a media brand.

Riding a trend by licensing some of the show’s most “well-know” games to a scammy-looking site for a pump and dump scheme is breaking new territory.

But it’s very buzzworthy and cool!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 04:33:22 PM »
If you consider flushing your money down a toilet to be cool, then yes it is, I suppose.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 04:55:08 PM »
If you consider flushing your money down a toilet to be cool, then yes it is, I suppose.

What a fantastic idea for the current host to create a PG around, involving flushing wrong numbers down a toilet, thereby maybe flushing a correct number and thereby flushing a win down the toilet.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 06:21:04 PM »
The show has had a presence on twitter, Instagram, apps like TikTok, etc. for years. That’s 100% normal for a media brand.

Riding a trend by licensing some of the show’s most “well-know” games to a scammy-looking site for a pump and dump scheme is breaking new territory.

:roll:

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2022, 07:28:11 PM »
What a fantastic idea for the current host to create a PG around, involving flushing wrong numbers down a toilet, thereby maybe flushing a correct number and thereby flushing a win down the toilet.
"Flip Flush"
"It's in the Can"
"Plunko"
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.