Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/04/2007  (Read 19075 times)

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/04/2007
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 05:42:52 AM »
This was a great show... Bob throwing the block in Push Over was hilarious. I wonder how those blocks did get stuck...

Great to see Hole In One again, though I'd hate for that to have been the last time for it with Bob. That was quite a hard setup for the game, but it didn't matter.

I was glad to see that Fonda not only shunned the 35 in Money Game, but knew to pick out "El Cheapo," calling it by name. She was a great contestant.

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »
Fonda was clearly a loyal friend and true. I noticed the last three numbers of her showcase bid were the same as the price of the car she won. I wonder if she really wanted to make her showcase bid the same price as her car, but dropped it $2K for fear she would go over?

I'm trying to figure out why everyone thinks picking El Cheapo is a Dobstopper these days. It seems, at least everytime I've seen El Cheapo on the board lately, the contestant has known to select it, and won as a result. It seems to me these days El Cheapo is the cue for a guaranteed win in Money Game.

And regarding a play of Money Game and Hole in One so close to their last playings, I can't help but wonder if in these last two weeks we're going to see multiple playings of games Bob considers his favorites. I would almost expect his final show to be his six favorite games. I was even thinking they could play Clock Game with two small prizes, but eliminate the $1,000 bonus and offer a car instead if the contestant wins both prizes.

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »
Pushover: Did anyone else notice when Bob took the 1 block out, I saw that each block apparently has 6 different numbers, one for each side of the cube.  I never knew that before, and I am surprised not to find any post in this thread mentioning it.
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »

mhrasputin wrote:
 but in my book if you end up with $50, the losing horns should play since that's the cheapest amount you could accumulate.

Not really - if you completely mess up the small prizes, you could win 0 punches and $0. That's when the losing horns should play.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 02:07:03 PM »
woohookitty wrote:

Did I miss something or were there multiple numbers on the block that Bob threw? And I do think he would've called it a technical win. Or should have. ...

Oh, I can't agree with that at all.  That'd be a totally stupid thing to award a win for.  Not being able to move the blocks doesn't mean that the contestant couldn't still declare a guess.  As for One Away, that's a totally different scenario -- the way the game was set up that day, there was no way for the contestant to form the right price.  They had to give her the car because legitimately winning the game was impossible.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 10:50:06 PM »
Push: Maybe the blocks were being stubborned. :lol: Bob throwing the "1'" block was hilarious. The price of the vehicle did look reasonable. Good win.

Hole: The second putt was a major comeback!! Excellent.

Punch: Sob. :cry:

Take Two: The prices did look tricky. It produced a win, though.

Money: Fonda let "El Cheapo" be damned!!! :-D Very good.

Double: Lois looked like a good person. Too bad about the outcome.

Showcases: Fonda brings home the bacon for over $38K.

A 3.50-star show.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 12:29:09 PM »
PG #1-It's a [d]Push-not[/d] Pushover!  LOL, that was the best playing of this game I've seen.  I'm glad they didn't stop tape either to correct it.  A nice win to start the day.

Hole in One...Or Two-I'll say this game will be back.  Bob will want to make his inspiration putt on the last playing of this.  If only she would've swapped the malted milk with the salsa, she might have won $500.  A lucky putt for hers to go in.

Punch-a-Bunch-Man, this game has been on a real cold streak.  Only one $10,000 winner this season.  It'll probably be back next week; I hope we get another winner before Bob goes.

Take Two-Man, that was one tough setup!

Money Game-Yay, El Cheapo returns!  Fonda is an LFAT; she knew El Cheapo was going to be the back and it was.

Double Prices-I thought $5162 as well.
All Hail Sinfonia!