Author Topic: JeoparDay surprise (Fleming era rarity)  (Read 4608 times)

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: JeoparDay surprise (Fleming era rarity)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »
Since it was a pilot not intended to be broadcast, and (presumably) no actual prizes were going to be awarded, is it possible that the contestants were coached on how to answer certain questions?

The person running the group chat acknowledged that was a possibility, but did not know for sure. Spoiler in white text below.

It would certainly explain why all three of them missed such a softball question in Final Jeopardy.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2022, 09:14:30 PM »
just to remind you folks... if you haven't watched it yet, we are nearing the end of the life of the linked video (not taking into account 3rd party re-uploads)

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2022, 10:07:58 AM »
And like Torgo said, I don't think January 6 is a date anyone wants to be associated with at this point. So Wheel of Fortune is rather unfortunate there. I wouldn't be surprised if the show doesn't even acknowledge its 50th anniversary in 2025.

It's a given that WOF's true 50th anniversary won't be acknowledged, except for perhaps some game show fans. It seems that these days, WOF's "anniversary date" is 1983.

To that end, I wonder if in the future, if by off chance the true debut of WOF is acknowledged in three years, whomever will just state that the show premiered in 1975 (or even January 1975), without reference to the exact calendar date.

Brian

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2022, 10:38:52 PM »
I know I am late to the party. (why did they not promote it on TV jeopardy). but this is my comments. I am really excited to see the pilot, luckily a news article listed a archive link that is still active (if a professional news article listed it, it is probably legit). I had a idea that they had some more video of the fleming era then what was currently available on the Internet last year, after the first week of the new globe opening as I noticed One of the Flemings footage they used 'the one of curtain opening' , did not match any of the other video circulating the internet (he is standing next to the curtain, instead of on the podium, like the rest of the videos on the Internet (I watch them during Covid, since there are not that many fleming era footage.) I am definitely happy to watch this, happy to figure out where the opening footage came from (and that it was not just in my head that it was different).  and happy someone posted it on archive after it got taken down. (I cannot believe how late I am to the news.)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2022, 10:39:21 PM »
After watching it is definitely cool to see the answer idea play out in a not just in the ‘name only way’ of today. (I am not sure when they decided to completely drop it completely and and have in in name only (I am assuming is due to ambiguous questions and answers)),  another difference I noticed it is that they do the interviews in the beginning instead of after the first commercial break. The security blanket answer at around 5.50min was pretty close and I think shipping given. The double and final Jeopardy sign is funny. (The size does not even match the word Jeopardy up there). I know some people think them not getting the Dracula answer was not smart. My opinion on this is that technically they are at the monsters that existent folklore in Transylvania or at lest Eastern Europe, though today Dracula is definitely the most associated with their particular place. This was a great episode, and I am so happy this got put up.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 10:40:29 PM »
Oh, I forgot to clarify, The Dracula comments are from the jeopardy message board, not here.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 10:41:00 PM »
Now about Wheel tangent this place has taken. On Wheel of Fortune yesterday, 13 April 2021 (it took me awhile to get time to watch the jeopardy pilot video, so that's right the posting of this has a earlier date (around the time of the Masters)) doing that 'after talk'. mentioned that next season will be there 40th. and how it is likely not to be special. (did not put spoilers as this does not affect gameplay.) "Also, December 28, 2021 marked 40 years of Pat Sajak hosting Wheel. No one, not even Bob Barker, has hosted a single U.S. game show that long. And yet absolutely no acknowledgment or even reference to that fact was made on air. However, I vividly remember Alex Trebek congratulating Jeopardy! for being on the air for a quarter-century in its 25th season premiere over a decade ago." - ooboh, I have heard somewhere, that (at least it one point, not sure if Covid change that) some episodes are aired out of order with Wheel, so that might have something to with it. update, they seem to be doing a contest for their 'anniversary' next week. I could think of a few of the ways they could new up the show. and when do you think you could combine in jeopardy and Wheel of fortune, like how they did match games Hollywood Square hour. I have a good idea of how they could do it (from a dream actually) but would they. (I do not think so but food for thought.)