Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/1/2022 (50 TPiR Season Fools Special April)  (Read 3243 times)

Offline kingpin623

• In Contestant's Row
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/1/2022 (50 TPiR Season Fools Special April)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 04:39:08 AM »
If the contestant playing Push Over would have pulled the blocks back the other way (backtracking to a price that he had passed up earlier), I wonder if they would have let him get away with it… 🤔

JBK

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's the shades, bruh.
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 12:18:20 PM »
This has to be one of the best April Fools shows they've done. From the swapped prizes in Act 3 to Jonathan Mangum in "Bag" there was just the right level of wackiness without going completely over the top. I genuinely enjoyed the bit with the car bag being stuck to the table in Balance Game. You can tell it was rigged with some kind of release mechanism as there was some kind of cable dangling off the bottom of the bag with a small hole in the table and a not-so-well hidden cable running across the floor covered in white gaffer tape. Not to mention there was a loud buzzing noise as Drew went to pick it up. Even if it was a rehearsed bit, I got a good laugh out of it.

The actual retail price is...
Help me out on GoFundMe

Offline Random Guy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 12:23:18 PM »
This was the first episode of The Price Is Right I had watched since the Halloween Special. I was expecting that because it was the show’s milestone fiftieth season, there would be some kind of tribute to the April Fools’ pranks the show had done in the past. I enjoyed what this show did, and I liked that it was a normal show with a few gags, except for Cliff Hangers for the car dash cam, which was still a gag I liked.

I do not know if anyone has commented on this, but there were no games typically played for cars today. Cliff Hangers had its Item Up For Bids be a car, and Balance Game was played for a car. To my knowledge, this has only happened a few times before.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 02:42:12 PM »
This was the first episode of The Price Is Right I had watched since the Halloween Special. I was expecting that because it was the show’s milestone fiftieth season, there would be some kind of tribute to the April Fools’ pranks the show had done in the past. I enjoyed what this show did, and I liked that it was a normal show with a few gags, except for Cliff Hangers for the car dash cam, which was still a gag I liked.

I do not know if anyone has commented on this, but there were no games typically played for cars today. Cliff Hangers had its Item Up For Bids be a car, and Balance Game was played for a car. To my knowledge, this has only happened a few times before.

Episodes with no real car games is definitely not unprecedented; it's happened about a dozen times.  Within the Carey Era, it tends to play out during a special.  The no real car game thing happened roughly twice as many times during the Barker Era; this happened during the half hour era and then post-expansion, during the period where there were several one-car cash game episodes
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »
BAG

Agreed.

It was breakaway glass, AKA sugar glass. It's what is used by prop masters for drink glasses, glass bottles, even full glass panes when they need to break on or around a performer. As you could see, they look like regular glass but easily shatter with very little pressure.

No more of a chance was taken with the martini glass gag and danger of an eye injury than was taken with the ping pong ball gag and danger of a twisted ankle.

I didn't know about the "sugar glass" before, thanks for the insight!

I also enjoyed one model asking the other if she knew about the ping pong balls falling - it seemed like the cast was actually blindsided about most of the little pranks. Drew lost it over BAG, understandable, but the Push Over blocks being one long stick got some good results too.

Offline bonkers77

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2022, 02:28:25 AM »
The Jokes was funny but the cast (especially Manuela) was bad actores.