Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 36036 times)

Offline gameshowlover072

• Outside in Line
Re: Deal or No Deal
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »
Personally for me, I think the show just dragged on and on too long.  However, I was happy that she came away with something decent.  And, the fact that she opened the 5 million case herself was just ironic...she didn't even know that she had the case after everyone's reaction.  She said, "What..it's the penny?"  I thought that was funny

I also think they could've have had 2 contestants go for the 5 million on the finale in the 90 minutes they were given.  Although, wouldn't have been something if she kept going on and was down to the penny and $750k, and Howie said something like "We will see what's in your case...NEXT Fall...on Deal or No Deal.."  That would have been cool.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2006, 07:47:59 PM »

Jordan7 wrote:
Also, less commercials.

And make them shorter, too. Four minute commercial breaks are agonizingly long.

gameshowlover072 wrote:
And, the fact that she opened the 5 million case herself was just ironic...she didn't even know that she had the case after everyone's reaction.  She said, "What..it's the penny?"  I thought that was funny

That was stupid. The audience is all "NOOOOOO" and "AWWWWWWW"; Howie's doing his normal bad-briefcase dramatics, and she thinks it's the penny?! Give me a break!

gameshowlover072 wrote:
Although, wouldn't have been something if she kept going on and was down to the penny and $750k, and Howie said something like "We will see what's in your case...NEXT Fall...on Deal or No Deal.."  That would have been cool.

You evil soul! :lol:

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2006, 10:19:29 PM »
I'm surprised no one said it, but how about less people making bad deals, particular when the odds of wiping out anything BUT the super amount is in their favor, which happens way too often. :-?

My list of things that should be reduced:
Players who are annoyingly excited or do actions/say words that are scripted.

Side supporters who hog cameras for their "15 minutes of fame."

Commercials: Make them shorter.  Better yet reduce the number of commercials breaks.

Speaking of them, how about less of Howie forcing us to commercials while we're waiting to see what's in players "critial case" and/or waiting the bank offer? :-?

Sloppy edits on the good stuff.  It makes the game less interesting with good stuff edited out hastily.

One more: Howie repeating the same things over and over again we already know about.

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
i would have originally gone all the way after wiping out $5m in an effort to recover the threshold. the third offer should have been around $730k, and i would have tried to beat that. but once i saw an offer bigger than the expected value, i shouted deal at the television. this time i'm the bonehead.  :oops:  :pint:

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2006, 10:48:38 PM »

gameshowlover072 wrote:
  Although, wouldn't have been something if she kept going on and was down to the penny and $750k, and Howie said something like "We will see what's in your case...NEXT Fall...on Deal or No Deal.."  That would have been cool.

:idea: THAT's the way to increase ratings.....

like they need them.
:lol:

they're going to play for EVEN BIGGER jackpots on the season [d]35[/d] 2 premiere. they want to have a millionaire.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »

shellgame69 wrote:
I'm surprised no one said it, but how about less people making bad deals, particular when the odds of wiping out anything BUT the super amount is in their favor, which happens way too often. :-?

Well, obviously that's what I want to see the most, but it's likely not happening. If anybody wins a million (or whatever the top prize is that day) in this game, it'll be a true miracle.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »
The only way the top prize will be won is if the two amounts left are the two biggest ones.  

6-5-06 I was playing DOND online.  I picked case 23.  At the end, I had 750k, and 1 mil left, the offer was 483k, the case left was 13.  I said no deal.  I had the million in my case, 750k was in 13.  It's possible, but your luck has to be really good.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »
That's what I'm thinking. Unless we get a contestant who isn't a wimp (highly unlikely), they're not going for the million unless $750K (maybe $500K or $400K, too) are still up there.