Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/5/2022 (TPiR 50th Anniversary Daytime Special)  (Read 5021 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/5/2022 (TPiR 50th Anniversary Daytime Special)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2022, 11:10:05 AM »
Kant say I’m terribblee bothured by a singul lettur.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »
You like it when words are misspelled?

It certainly doesn’t bother me enough to leave a snarky comment for someone that did all the hard work of providing me the recap.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »

There is a correct way to point out typos. Leaving a snarky comment isn't it.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2022, 12:46:11 PM »
Look. I don't mind typos being called out to me in the recap thread. It happens. Snarky attitudes are unnecessary though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 04:39:10 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »

There are ways to point out typos without being a tool. I suggest you learn them.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2022, 03:47:37 PM »
 I've just watched this show and have to agree with the sentiment that it was underwhelming.

I was quite happy to see Back to 72 played and won and having a 1972 car be the prize was a nice touch .

On the other hand, I was legitimately disappointed not to have Any Number be that last game. That's Too Much felt like an underwhelming choice in that spot. I think my disappointment stems from not understanding what this show was intended to be. It was a season finale/celebration. I thought it was going to be a 50th anniversary special. Even within the context of what it turned out to be That's Too Much felt like an underwhelming choice in that spot.

Welcome to the fold, To the Penny, here's hoping for many more for you.

Let's now observe a moment of silence in the loving memory of Back to 72.

R.I.P. Back to 72.
September 14th 2021 - September 5th 2022.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline troix

• Outside in Line
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2022, 05:41:23 PM »
Roadgeek Adam, I didn't know that the TV in showcase 2 was a "poutdoor" TV.  I thought it was an OUTDOOR TV.

It was a poutdoor TV. Anytime the TV gets put next to a door, it begins to sob maniacally.
Homes, if a simple typo on a forum is going to set you off, I suggest you stop using the interwebs.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2022, 06:33:14 PM »
It was a very interesting 50th anniversary special. It was nice of Drew to tribute Bob Barker for the first 35 years of the current run.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2022, 07:28:29 PM »
Alright, enough of this over my typos. The same point has been made 6 or 7 times now. Get back to the show.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2022, 11:27:37 PM »
I just couldn't get into watching this episode the whole time. I expected something completely different and kept waiting for a more historical flashback but this just felt like a season 50 flashback it was disappointing