Author Topic: NFL Off-Season 2022: Trades, Free Agency, Draft ETC  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: NFL Off-Season 2022: Trades, Free Agency, Draft ETC
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2022, 10:23:51 AM »
Falcons get their QB. Desmond Ridder from Cincinnati. AAC Offensive Player of the Year in '20 and '21. 4:1 TD-to-INT ratio, over 10,000 yards as a Bearcat. He's familiar with Arthur Smith's system so he should fit right in.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: NFL Off-Season 2022: Trades, Free Agency, Draft ETC
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2022, 12:57:50 PM »
Either things in the NFL have slowed down or I have done a better job avoiding the media & news to where I missed out on a ton.  Of course, the NBA Playoffs are rolling (the Finals will be set by this time 48 hours from now).  MLB is happening but that’s sorta slow right now.  I haven’t been focused on the NHL this season but their conference finals should be close to being underway.   In terms of big news for the NFL, that might include the league’s failure to have the Jon Gruden case dismissed, as well as the upcoming match with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, and Allen.

I probably won’t start a new thread for the 2022 season for another 2-3 months or so, if at all.  Someone else can get it going if need be, but I’m forgoing doing so right now.  I think it would get too idle for 30 days or more since the season doesn’t really get underway until September after the holiday.  That’s partially why I started this off-season thread.  There has been a ton of news & events in the offseason not directed toward the previous season or the next one in terms of on field play.  From the Combine & NFL Free Agency to the NFL Draft & NFL Schedule release, and other stuff (trades, retirements, coach hirings, gossip, etc).

The latter occurred a month ago, with the new schedule released two weeks later.  I do miss how it was released ahead of the draft.  That was changed a couple years ago, and I don’t think they’re going back.  To what was done prior to the move.  Naturally the schedule release turned into a TV show, and naturally, everything was disclosed in advance (just like the awards for the NFL Honors).

Outside of everything I mentioned, there have been a couple news items over the past week from Lamar Jackson skipping voluntary stuff to the Pittsburgh Steelers finally settling with their new general manager.

In terms of the actual games, there are a ton of big ones, but some that are slated to be huge might not be as the season moves on.  Of course, the opposite can be the case (and probably gets bumped to NBC or the late window if there a SNF game that’s not getting flexed out).

The Los Angeles Rams will open things on September 8, 2022.  They will start their defense against the Buffalo Bills on NBC.  It will be the first game announced by Mike Tirico & Cris Collinsworth since the former became the new lead play by play guy.  Other stuff includes the Week 18 Saturday flex, the Cowboys & Lions still playing on Turkey Day, and a big return for the international slate.  Three games in London & for the first time, one in Germany.  Save for Jacksonville, everygame features NFC opponents.  FYI, the NFC get a 9th homegame this season.  All the games in Europe are scheduled to kick off at 9:30 AM Eastern.  Finally, there is a fifth game in Mexico, that occurs on 11/21
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 01:05:44 PM by SeaBreeze341 »
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck