Author Topic: Where is Magic#?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Ilovepennyante

• In the Audience
Where is Magic#?
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:58:15 PM »
It has only been played two times this season.  I wonder if it's getting a makeover.  They may as well wait until after the season is over at this rate.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: Where is Magic#?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 10:59:54 PM »
Jury duty.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 11:38:10 PM »
Didn't you hear? It was left out in the rain with Penny Ante. The version of Magic # we've seen since 2002 is merely a hologram which broke last November. That's why we haven't seen Magic since.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline DylanBe

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 08:30:26 AM »
Didn't you hear? It was left out in the rain with Penny Ante. The version of Magic # we've seen since 2002 is merely a hologram which broke last November. That's why we haven't seen Magic since.
I really feel I should have heard about this, but where did we hear that information?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 09:02:17 AM »
I really feel I should have heard about this, but where did we hear that information?
Whoosh.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 01:28:17 PM »
Somehow, I was afraid you might have jinxed something when you posted that (assuming she doesn't pass away during the next several weeks.), and sadly, I'm afraid you did.

I want you to be aware that if you ever say anything this stupid again, I'm banning you.

You know, this isn't offensive like the Betty White remark, but it's close enough.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 01:44:32 PM »
Doesn’t the game still have the original computer and takes forever to boot / still can’t be played 1st?  I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t been upgraded yet for that reason…that’s almost unacceptable in today’s world.

Maybe that computer actually died and the staff is debating whether to replace it or just retire it.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 09:17:06 PM »
Maybe it's taking a sabbatical to reset itself with the contestants.  It had been plagued with the worst case of forced-win setups that somehow were lost or nearly lost.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 12:22:41 AM »
In Season 42, magic # was played only 3 times, per Scorpz’s site. There was a gap of 27 weeks between its 1st and 2nd playing, 3 weeks longer than its absence this season.

Doesn’t the game still have the original computer and takes forever to boot / still can’t be played 1st?

It likely did as of Season 44. I attended a taping at which magic # was played third and there was a 20+ minute stop tape between the IUFB and the game reveal. Later that episode, Card Game’s monitor was not initially working, but was fixed in under 5 minutes and the game reveal was re-shot.
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.