Author Topic: Trouble with Big Jon TPIR games where you drag items.  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Sonically

• Outside in Line
Trouble with Big Jon TPIR games where you drag items.
« on: May 17, 2022, 12:40:35 AM »
I have trouble playing games that involve dragging items using the mouse (Plinko, EZ as 123, Race Game, etc). I am not able to correctly drag the items and a white box appears when doing so. The games are broken for me as I can't get it to do what I want (EX: dropping a chip) Any advice?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Trouble with Big Jon TPIR games where you drag items.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 06:56:14 AM »
Stop playing them. BigJon's games run on outdated Flash technology that is no longer supported (and for good reason, it's a security nightmare).
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 09:56:30 AM »
Stop playing them. BigJon's games run on outdated Flash technology that is no longer supported (and for good reason, it's a security nightmare).
I'm not sure why, but your response made me laugh.

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 09:35:29 PM »
I have trouble playing games that involve dragging items using the mouse (Plinko, EZ as 123, Race Game, etc). I am not able to correctly drag the items and a white box appears when doing so. The games are broken for me as I can't get it to do what I want (EX: dropping a chip) Any advice?

Have you tried downloading a standalone Flash player to run his games? I haven't played them in years so I don't remember if there are .swf files in those folders, but that works for some applications I'm familiar with.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 10:41:07 PM »
You might get better results going to BigJon himself, either on Twitter or asking on his Twitch stream.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 10:53:40 PM »
BigJon's games were a huge security risk even back when they were new and they're certainly not worth putting your computer at such a risk now. I realize a person can go find them with a Google search, but Jon himself was issued a cease and desist and ordered to stop distributing them. I wouldn't be surprised if legally he's not supposed to offer support for them either.

The actual retail price is...

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 09:16:55 PM »
I guess the demises of Flash and BigJon's games helped pave the way for a big cutting of security risks.  Won't miss them for the world.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 02:12:30 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if legally he's not supposed to offer support for them either.

Legally, we aren’t supposed to post TPIR clips on YouTube, either.

Doesn’t mean it hurts to try. Worst he (or his stream mods) could say is “sorry, can’t help you”.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »
Regardless of where you stand on Jon or his games, this site isn't tech support for fan software.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:34 PM »
Won't miss them for the world.

I do not think this expression means what you appear to think it means.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.