Author Topic: New Pricing Game idea: Hi Card  (Read 1862 times)

Offline greg

• Walking the Golden Road
New Pricing Game idea: Hi Card
« on: June 26, 2022, 08:27:01 AM »
On the turntable, comes around the newest game, Hi Card. A fabulous trip is offered for a prize. On a table are 4 prizes in the $500 range. Behind each small prize is a playing card.  The most expensive item has a face card or a 10. The second has an 9 or8 the third has a 6 or 7, & the least expensive prize has a 5.  The contestant picks the 2 prizes they believe are the most expensive & receive those cards.  The other 2 are the house cards.  The contestant keeps the 2 prizes they picked regardless but if they add up to more than the house they get all 4 plus the trip.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New Pricing Game idea: Hi Card
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »
It's a creative way to have a game's object be to choose the two most expensive prizes, but it just seems like a mashup of Hit Me, Poker Game, and Shopping Spree. It would also be anti-climactic if they contestant picked the least expensive prize.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »
It's a creative way to have a game's object be to choose the two most expensive prizes, but it just seems like a mashup of Hit Me, Poker Game, and Shopping Spree. It would also be anti-climactic if they contestant picked the least expensive prize.

Not necessarily - the least and most together would add up to 15, and if the 2nd & 3rd had the 8 and 6 (since those two were variable in the example) the contestant could still win.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 06:05:50 PM »
It also has great manipulative potential due to what cards are selected for that playing, and the permutations of those cards. For example, 10-9-7-5 means an automatic loss if the 5 card is chosen, while 10-8-6-5 can still be won if the 5 is chosen.

Would ties go to the house or the player, like Hit Me did?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline greg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 07:52:19 PM »
My thinking was, there would be only one winning combination but different cards might be used at different playings.  One time a 5 & a 4 might win & the next game might be a 7 & 8…. Hi cards win.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 09:36:16 PM »
This is just Give or Keep, with GPs and adjustable difficulty.

Still, I like it.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023