Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six  (Read 17938 times)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2023, 10:14:20 PM »
Clock: Cuckoo, grandfather, Big Ben
Islands: Hawaii, Sicily, Gilligan's, Bahama's
I also thought of Gilligan's. And Big Ben might have worked, but isn't Big Ben actually the bell? (The trivia guy in me often shows. :-))

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2023, 10:16:26 PM »
Yeah, I knew that would have been buzzed but I think Superman's cape or Iron Man's/The Flash's suit would have been another good clue too.
Good indeed. :-)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2023, 10:17:30 PM »
Pyramid had some eerie Jeopardy-style timing with "Things a Mugshot Might Say" in the Winner's Circle.

Also, two celebrities I could recognize from the Season 7 promo were returnee Lisa Ann Walter (Abbott Elementary and the late 90s version of The Parent Trap) and Jesse Tyler Fergerson.
I'm pretty sure Wayne Brady was shown also.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2023, 09:56:19 AM »
Pat Sajak:
(snip)
"I recently announced my retirement".

I did say "Ryan Seacrest will be replacing me soon" when that showed up. Both would've worked if only the episode was taped more recently.

Offline osupreston

• Outside in Line
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2023, 09:10:33 AM »
The first half of the first game with The Goldbergs alum Wendi McLendon-Covey and recurring Ghosts actor Matt Walsh was somewhat so-so, but a $50,000 win made up for it. Not to mention a Mystery 7 win (which I think could been made into a honeymoon for the contestant and their spouse.) in the second half of that game.

Two good clues for name dropped Regis Philbin in the front game in the first game, one of which would have been a deep dive: "He was Kelly Ripa's cohost before Michael Strahan." or "He hosted he hosted Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?"

A good clue for Things That Are Red in the second half's bonus round would have also been the color of your dress.

Also, two celebrities I could recognize from the Season 7 promo were returnee Lisa Ann Walter (Abbott Elementary and the late 90s version of The Parent Trap) and Jesse Tyler Fergerson.

Matt and Wendi were fun to watch!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 09:37:53 AM by osupreston »

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2023, 03:05:02 AM »
this was a great episode. in terms of steamy even the hot tub is a possibility. oh the burger , I was thinking meat patty even though they were looking for "toppings". this way they will be thinking of burgers.

Final half was the best. there are some pretty stand-up moments.

also 'you smell this from your mouth' would be a possible clue but it took them with and 60 seconds think of it.

On the August 27th episode: Bit of a delay in the cuckoo for saying “mud”. And saying “two word” (type of dance) should not have been allowed.

Slow and steady won the race for the first $50K. I thought of “a corral” first for Places With Horses.

“Dark room” came to my mind immediately when I saw Photography Terms. I would have added “a waiting room” to “a chair” and “a sofa” for Places You Sit, and “Bachelor’s” and “Doctorate” to “Master’s” for Types of Degrees. And how about “a sauna” and “a romance novel” for Steamy Things?

I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen a main game round of zero out of seven before tonight, in any iteration of Pyramid. Maybe a long, long time ago.

Only if needed, I would have added “a well-dressed man” to the contestant’s list for Sharp Things. (Perhaps it’s too dated a reference, but I’m old school. 😊) “Cuckoo” was excellent for Types of Clocks; may I add “Grandfather” if need be?

Yeah, I thought he said “Knoxville” instead of “Nashville”. Point taken (away).

I don't want to be sexist, but I would have said "HER register" and "HER change drawer" for Things a Cashier Uses. And good clues given for Things That Give You Bad Breath; I too would have tried to include something about the morning. Perhaps "sleeping and waking up" to go along with the others?

"I would have added “a well-dressed man” to the contestant’s list for Sharp Things. "
Do you not worry I recognise that phrase it is still in somewhat use.

I considered 'on sports gone wild' for horses. (as a joke it would probably not be allowed) but seriously a race track is a decent one. I was yelling at the TV for that one.