Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six  (Read 17959 times)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2022, 10:01:26 PM »
On the August 21st episode, first half-hour: I really liked Pete Holmes’ energy and enthusiasm. And I laughed out loud when he added “for needy children” to the contestant’s wish to build the closet of her dreams.

I would have immediately added “an Angel’s” for Types of Wings; I thought the contestant got stuck on bird wings for too long. Fortunately, there was enough time for the $50K win.

Mystery 7 win! And quickly.

Places With Apples. Wow. How about “an orchard”? “A bobbing tank”? “A pie shop?” “Bathroom going people” and “horses” were good clues for Things In Stalls. Maybe “parked horses”? :-)

On the second half-hour: Deodorant for “Odor”. Nicely done.

Where should I start on the evening’s third Winner’s Circle round? I’m glad the contestant went to “fridge” and “stove” for Kitchen Terms, and I would have stuck with countries and cities for “Things In Asia”. “Peach ones” and “barbeque ones” came to my mind for Kinds of Pits, and I thought “swimming ducklings” was excellent for Things In A Row. I would have tried “planted corn” if need be, and maybe “pretty maids”?  Too obscure? Perhaps.

A $100K try! Well, it was a try. After “Santa”, it was “the Green Giant” from me for Things That Are Jolly. Strahan's "fruit flavored Ranchers" wouldn't have even entered my mind. I would have included "ketchup" (along with "salsa" and "spaghetti sauce") for Foods Made With Tomatoes. For Famous Horses my first clue was "Secretariat", and for Things That Get In Your Eyes, "a stye", "grit", and "swimming pool chlorine" (with more blinking) :).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 10:10:54 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2022, 10:13:24 PM »
Q words: Quick, Quarter, Quart, Quality, Quack
Wings: Buffalo, Airplane, Boneless, Bird
NBA: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Lebron James, Stefan Curry
Apples: Orchard, Supermarket, Fruit stand
3 Letter: Boy, Cat, Dog, Out, Car
Pits: Peach, Bottomless, Cherry
Horses: Mr. Ed, Secretariat, Trigger, Silver
Tomatoes: Ketchup, Pasta sauce, Pizza sauce, Salsa,

Total cash won: $70,000 (New season low); Season total: $804,000
1 Mystery 7 win.
Things went downhill after the 1st Winner's Circle
Hopefully it'll get better next time

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2022, 10:16:47 PM »
Pits: Peach, Bottomless, Cherry
Nice! And something else that just came to mind for Things That Are Jolly: "A Holly Christmas". :)

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2022, 10:29:42 AM »
The second half hour also featured a "Things associated with Wheel of Fortune" category, of which Vanna was passed upon, the giver used hand motions for Pat, and "solve" was expressed via math problems instead of the puzzle, showing that player Samantha wasn't a Wheel watcher. A total of three buzzed Winner's Circle categories though, but at least it wasn't a skunked hour.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2022, 10:07:59 PM »
Body: Bones, muscles, blood, liver
Vanna White: "I turn the letters on "Wheel Of Fortune"., "Pat Sajak and I are about to start our 40th season".
Teacher: HER chalkboard, HER Lesson plans, HER desk
Bed: Pillow, Mattress, Box Spring, Blanket
Freezer: Ice cube tray, ice maker, temperature control
Boats: Pontoon, Sail, Cruise, Row
Notes: Love, Musical, Post-it
Space: Planets, stars, planets, astronauts
Electronic: TV, computer, radio, stove

Total cash won $80,500; Season total: $884,500
1 Mystery 7 win
Will is never going to look at Vanna the same way again
For "Fasting", I would have said "Intermittent"

Online JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2022, 10:35:55 PM »
So last week they had that Wheel of Fortune category in the main game where the contestant clearly had no knowledge of the show or any idea who Vanna is and this week we have the contestant giving describe her as being the model on The Price is Right.

Types of zones- Construction, Danger, Twilight
Parts of a slot machine- the lever, the bar symbols, the cherry symbols, the lemon symbols
Notes- Love, Post-It, Musical, Spark

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2022, 11:07:34 PM »
So close to another $150K win during the first half-hour!

Too much time on Nixon!

Vanna White on The Price is Right? News to me :-), but it worked!

Kinds of Zones: Strahan’s “Twilight ones” was excellent. But how about my “Eastern time ones”? And I thought of “the trail” for Hiking Things. “Post-it ones” was also one of my clues for Kinds of Notes; I was surprised that it didn’t work.

Again, an excellent clue from Strahan for Things That Make You Dizzy: “vertigo”. My clue was “spinning around”. And I clearly remember Conservative Things from the Dick Clark days. No need for "a brown suit" this evening, which probably would have been confusing.

Teacher: HER chalkboard, HER Lesson plans, HER desk
And speaking of Clark, I can definitely imagine him saying that if the $50K weren't won because of that subject.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 11:15:27 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2022, 12:15:21 AM »
A clear case of dumb luck by a fluke, if there ever was one (about things on TPIR)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2022, 10:01:08 PM »
On the September 11th episode, first half-hour: Erika Christensen, you are the weakest link in the first round. But what a comeback into a $100K win!

Original host of Pyramid: “Dick” Clark.

Things You’re Doing Right Now! Tough one, and the contestant gave excellent clues. I wouldn’t have expected a subject like that. “Solar” and “wind” were good for Energy Sources (Natural Resources), and I would have added “Electricity.”

I’m glad the contestant didn’t risk saying “IN a mirror” or “IN a compact” for Places You See Your Reflection.

On the second half-hour: A Mystery 7 win, and another $100K try!

At the end of a baby’s bottle is the “nipple”. And I agree; “Capeesh?” was tough.

“Neil Armstrong’s Eagle”. I would have said that for Things That Land, along with “arriving airplanes” or “helicopters” if need be. Types of Snacks? “Peanuts, popcorn, chips, pretzels,…” I didn’t think of “a pig” for Things That Squeal. Great clue; may I add the word “agitated” or “scared”? I was stuck on “a mouse” or “a rusty wheel” (Squeak I guess).

Nope. Can't say "instrument" as part of clues for Famous Piano Players. Liberace came to my mind first. However, great thinking to say "tiny car" for Places With Clowns (I would have included "the rodeo" along with "the circus") and "kids dusting" and "kids mopping" for Household Chores.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:06:30 PM by GameShowKid »

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2022, 10:06:26 PM »
That first winner's circle, those two were flying through the first four subjects. I thought we were going to see a new record tonight.

However, this subject is probably the most obtuse one I've seen in the Winner's Circle in this era of the show:

Unless you were to remove your mind from the situation, and really pay attention to the clue-giver, there's no way one could reasonably come up with the correct answer. Thankfully, Sam came back to win the $100,000, manifesting it into her life the way she did with that Post-it Note.

For "Places With Clowns," I would have leaned into "Bozo's car;" "Bozo's show;" "Pennywise's sewer" after "The circus," "A kid's birthday party."
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2022, 10:09:58 PM »
Sam had some tough luck with the $50,000 and the Mystery 7 losses, but the $100,000 win made up for the trouble in tonight's first half of the show. And I was thinking the same thing GameShowKid was thinking, that the Places You See Your Reflection category was almost a trap waiting to happen.

And for those wondering about the namedrop of the late Queen Elizabeth II in the first half's British category. EXIF data from the press photos show that they taped the first episode on April 29th.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2022, 10:11:29 PM »
That first winner's circle, those two were flying through the first four subjects. I thought we were going to see a new record tonight.

However, this subject is probably the most obtuse one I've seen in the Winner's Circle in this era of the show:

Things You're Doing Right Now

Unless you were to remove your mind from the situation, and really pay attention to the clue-giver, there's no way one could reasonably come up with the correct answer. Thankfully, Sam came back to win the $100,000, manifesting it into her life the way she did with that Post-it Note.

For "Places With Clowns," I would have leaned into "Bozo's car;" "Bozo's show;" "Pennywise's sewer" after "The circus," "A kid's birthday party."
With that top subject, I found her $100K Pyramid easier than her $50K one. And nicely done with the Clowns clues. :-)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:14:45 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2022, 10:22:29 PM »
Pasta: Spaghetti, linguine, fettucine, rotini
Right Now: Getting ready for bed, eating a snack, watching tv, finishing homework
Office: desks, computers, phones, cubicles, copy machine
Big: huge, large, enormous
Egyptian: Cairo, pyramids, The Sphinx, King Tut's tomb
Snacks: Pretzels, potato chips, crackers, cheez-its
Chores: washing dishes, taking out trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming
Piano: Liberace, Elton John, John Legend, Jerry Lee Lewis

Total cash won: $127,500 Season Total: $1,012,000
Another $100,000 win
1 Mystery 7 win
Ericka got spooked when she saw "Jeopardy"
Michael will never look at a circus the same way again

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2022, 07:47:30 AM »
Right Now: Getting ready for bed, eating a snack, watching tv, finishing homework

Those clues lean more towards "things you do during the evening" or "things you do after dinner". My clues would be "playing the bonus round", "playing the Winner's Circle", and "trying to win $50,000". I could sense Dick Clark rolling in his grave after the clue he gave. Just a week to go before the sixth season ends, with Celebrity Wheel of Fortune taking its place the following week. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »

Unless you were to remove your mind from the situation, and really pay attention to the clue-giver, there's no way one could reasonably come up with the correct answer.

Possible clues: "Listening to me." "Playing this game." "Focusing." "Looking at me." "Hoping you win $100,000." "Profusely sweating." "Hearing the plonk timer."

This would have been an excellent Dick Clark-era "$100,000 Pyramid" clue. Or even a "$1,000,000 Pyramid" clue (had the game ever offered said prize).

Brian