Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six  (Read 6734 times)

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2022, 12:38:30 PM »
Piano: Liberace, Elton John, John Legend, Jerry Lee Lewis

Mickey Gilley, who recently passed away, is another.

I don't know if the contestant or celebrity from today's era would know who Floyd Cramer or Hargus "Pig" Robbins were, but those are another two famous pianists who maybe would have worked at least during the Dick Clark era. Same with Ronnie Milsap.

Ray Charles would definitely work possibly even today. Same with Billy Joel ... after all, he's the "Piano Man." And then the pianists who were part of the most famous rock band of them all: John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Brian

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2022, 10:01:16 PM »
On the September 18th episode, first half-hour: Great first main game! We have some players here, and some excellent impressions. And, we got both a $50K win and a Mystery 7 win.

I have to question the judging on People You Leave Your Kids With (Children). The contestant said “with a sitter”. The word “with” makes the clue not a person, and the word “with” is part of the subject. I would have buzzed that clue.

I would have said “on a cone” for Places You Find Ice Cream, but “at Baskin-Robbins" was an excellent clue. And how about “keynote” for Kinds of Speakers? 😊

“HER card catalog”! “HER ‘Quiet’ sign”! For Things a Librarian Uses. And my first clue for People Who Drive: “a chauffeur”.

On the second half-hour: “Jell-o (blank) pops.”  “A (blank) tantrum”.

I also would have said “janitors” and “witches” for People Who Use a Broom; adding “sweeping” was clever. “Mr. Spielberg” came first to mind for Men Named Stephen (Steve), though he spells his name with a “v”. 

A $100,000 try! Storm gave some FANTASTIC clues for People Who Predict.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:04:19 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2022, 10:15:47 PM »
Dictionary: Words, definitions, pronunciations
Ice Cream: Dairy Queen, supermarket's freezer, county fair
Watches: Timex, Casio, Lucian Picard
Librarian: HER books, HER card catalog, HER quiet sign
Bite: Great white shark, rabid dog, rabid fox
Muscles: Abs, Triceps, Biceps, Quads, Pecs
Steve's: Urkel, Spielberg, McQueen, King, Jobs
Trees: Pine cones, leaves, birds, branches
Water: Lifeguard, sailor, boat patrol

Total cash won: $79,500 Final grand total of the season: $1,091,500
1 Mystery 7 win
Whole 2nd game fell apart thanks to BOTH Nicole and Jermaine
Good season overall
Hopefully next season will be better

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2022, 01:26:42 PM »
Good season overall
Hopefully next season will be better

Even though it is a month old bump but I think you might want to start updating that total for the current season, PGS25, because according to TVLine, there will be a festive episode airing on December 6th. Though there is no word yet on when the second half of the current season will be airing.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 11:01:51 PM »
On the December 6th holiday episode: Jason Alexander is a fantastic player. So calm as well.

“Bae”. Should have gone for the sound-a-like first. And can “CD” be used as a clue for “DVD”? Doesn’t the D stand for disk in both?

Great $50,000 win during the first Winner’s Circle round. “An aviary” was excellent for Places with Birds; I thought of “a nest”. 

Mystery “7” win, for the win! 😊

The second Winner’s Circle round was tougher I’d say. For Female Rock Bands (Women), I thought of “Heart” first. Not the best clue. Dixie CHICKS was very good; Abba is not all-female, but I understand the pressure of time. How about “a dirty air conditioner” for Things With Filters? I would not have come up with any Instagram-related clue.

“The Red Sox” came to mind first for Things in Boston. And I’m glad the contestant began to include the word “rack” in clues for Places With Towels. I thought his clues there were great.

I cannot agree with the judge simply accepting “Comedians” for Female Comedians (Comics). Why even bother including the word female?? And what about the female rock band subject earlier?

castingpyramid.com anyone? :-)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:05:59 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • For a difference of...
« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 11:09:43 PM »
It was great to see the set decked out for Christmas for the first time since the Donny Osmond era, and I liked the festive atmosphere. It was great to see the show acknowledge Jason Alexander's first appearance, from the John Davidson era of The $100,000 Pyramid from 1991, like they acknowledged Rita Moreno's and Kathy Najimy's previous appearances.

"Aviary" was the perfect clue for the last subject in the first Winner's Circle, and that was a nice $50,000 win to see. It was also great to see a Perfect 21 sealed with the Mystery 7 trip.

However, the judging made me shake my head. First, there was hesitation for accepting the singular "Bow Tie" for "Bow Ties." Next, I was very surprised to see "Comedians" be accepted for "Female Comedians," as Pete did not give the full essence of the category. Especially when refusing to accept "Rock bands" for "Female Rock Bands" was the right call in the first half. Also, "Tires" was not buzzed for being an illegal clue for "Things a Car Does." I really hope the judging improves next season, because this is bringing the fairness of the game into question.

We see the first casting notice of the season tonight. Hopefully the 7 remaining episodes of Season 6 air on ABC in the spring, leading up to Season 7 for the summer of 2023, and, those episodes will help celebrate the show's 50th anniversary.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:15:12 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 11:22:52 PM »
Cleaning: Broom, mop, 409, bleach, Windex, Pine-Sol
Jimmy's: Fallon, Carter, Kimmel, Durante, Walker
Mexico: Acapulco, Yucatan Peninsula, Sombrero, Fiesta
Female groups: Dixie Chicks, Heart, The Go-Go's
Garden: Vegetables, flowers, Adam and Eve
Boston: Celtics, Red Sox, The tea party, Baked beans
Love: Your children, your pets, your spouse, Lucy
Female comics: Phyllis Diller, Joan Rivers, Leslie Jones, Rosie O'Donnell
Perfect: Mary Lou Retten's 10, Nadia Comaneci's 10, 100 test score

Total cash won: $74,500 Season total: $1,166,000
1 Mystery 7 win
Missed the 1st main game of each half due to the Georgia runoff.