Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six  (Read 16961 times)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan – Season Six
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2023, 04:04:00 PM »
The sad thing about the first round is some were and really good somewhere done bad. The second half of the first round was pretty decent. I agree with the people above on terms of peach, definitely could be done better. Jeff Ross did a pretty good job and he did not mistakenly say one of the answers. I do not think this is a like a talent but more maybe more a not familiarity with the game (or 'root words'). no one was going to get comic from the what was given except someone if you really knew every single comic. definitely considering how many people really read newspaper comics these days or associate them for comics. I know a few people might feel strange about this realization but a lot of these things are more associate for cartoons definitely peanuts. you really need to talk about either DC or Marvel for this. (even though they are more known for movies these days they are at least known to be based on comics to a extent) I listen to this one Word five times just to see what went wrong (30 second rewind can be annoying). this is the only time I have ever done this. The other celebrity from this round was ok even though not perfect if you have not noticed my first round things are always going to be more vague because I write this after watching the last half then doing quick rewinds.

in the first half of the second round. (referring to the second group of celebrities but the first round of that group) have an interesting Smurf category that made me giggle in terms of the similarities in naming of these bands in the Smurfs. that's why I am going to say about this it is not worth rewatch.

in the second half of the second round The summer day category was played well along with the "O" category. I cannot believe we have a category about eight letter songs or even more ridiculous would say use the top letters of the keyboard even though it was playing nicely. did we we have a burrito category last week. did they described with the "Waze and confused" category was. I rewind it twice and I did not hear anything. (for mystery 7 they usually describe it after they finish the category) The not celebrity contestants on this one work pretty well.

On the August 6th episode: Robert Herjavec, Jeff Ross, Jo Koy, and Cedric The Entertainer are definitely not the best Pyramid celebrity players we have seen. We had some close games though.

A famous Judy Blume book (also whale fat)…  Sonny and… He played Jason Bourne… Reeves from the Matrix…

“Sketch”? “Sharpen”? Things You Do With A Pencil. How about “moisturizer”, “lotion”, and “sunscreen” for Skin Care Items? And I immediately thought of “a blindfold” for Things That Cover Your Eyes. I also could have added “swim goggles”.

Wow, a point actually taken away (for saying “head” for “forehead”). Good call, and that made me think of the Dick Clark version again, where I occasionally saw that happen.

Not thin but…   The fruit from Georgia?

A $100K try! With Ross playing, I doubted a win. I was surprised! Pretty easy subjects I’d say. “HIS knife, HIS stove, HIS white hat” for Things a Chef Uses. And how about “Yellowstone National” and “Jellystone” for Famous Parks? 😊

The second half-hour: London is in what country??

How about “hot air” and “helium” for Types of Balloons? I would have added “hidden Easter eggs” to the contestant’s list of Things You Hunt For, and under pressure I could only think of “his whistle”, “his speedos”, and “his preserver” for Things a Lifeguard Uses.

Fight the…  TNT is another name for…

Another $100K try! Fantastic clues from the contestant ("your shoelaces", "an overtime game") for Things That Are Tied. "Lester Holt" came to my mind first for Things on The News.

I would of said 'even match' after all of the already said clues when going for tie.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2023, 10:09:31 PM »
I’ve always wondered, and please forgive me if it’s obvious or common knowledge: why are some of the things to guess in quotation marks, such as “Skittles” or “Scrabble”? I thought maybe proper nouns / names, but Microsoft and Apple in the same episode didn’t have quotes around them.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2023, 10:00:54 PM »
On the August 20th episode: Bridget and Amanda made a great team. So did Amanda and Dylan.

“Staticy clothes” and “peaches” came to my mind immediately for Things That Are Clingy. I remember that subject as Things That Cling from previous versions of Pyramid. “A needy girlfriend” was also a good clue.

The actor’s union is…? (for sag).  Will Sasso was great giving the movie clues; enjoyed his Godfather and his Schwarzenegger. And yay! A Mystery 7 win; down to the wire.

Accepting German for Germany (in What Germany Might Say)? Questionable decision in my book. And I also thought of “Bengal” for Types of Tigers; Strahan’s addition of “Sabretooth” was excellent.

Rooms at a School? How about “the principal’s office”, “the gym”, and “the cafeteria”? I thought “your carry-on” was fantastic for Things You Bring On An Airplane; I would have added “your headrest pillow” and “your noise cancelling headphones”. And I also said “Chow” for Other Words For ‘Food’. Would “comida” have been accepted?

What a collapse after the 11-11 main game tie.

A $100K try! “A cathedral’s glass window”(!!), along with the other great given clues, for Things That Are Stained. Arghh! :-)

Online PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2023, 10:09:27 PM »
Restaurant: Customers, Wait staff, Matre D', chefs
Clingy: Static electricity, young children, peaches
Germany: "I am the country in Europe that Hitler ran.", "My capital is Berlin."
Smart: Fox, Einstein, Agent 86
School rooms: Cafeteria, library, Principal's office
Airplane, Your luggage, your ticket
Popeye: "I eats me spinach." "My girlfriend is Olive Oyl."
Stained: Chef's apron, Painter's smock, Kid's clothing

Total cash won: $76,500 Season total: $1,716,000
First Mystery 7 win a few weeks
2 times the 6th category was not reveal in the winner's circle

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2023, 10:19:34 PM »
I’ve always wondered, and please forgive me if it’s obvious or common knowledge: why are some of the things to guess in quotation marks, such as “Skittles” or “Scrabble”? I thought maybe proper nouns / names, but Microsoft and Apple in the same episode didn’t have quotes around them.
It's difficult for me personally to explain, but after many years of watching Pyramid I've noticed that names of particular products like "Skittles" are often in quotes as well as parts of common phrases and things done figuratively, as in split "the vote". Exclamations such as "Hey!" are also in quotes.

Perhaps someone else can and will answer your question in a more thorough and correct manner.

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2023, 10:44:11 PM »
If a word is in quotes, it has to be said exactly to count, I believe.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2023, 01:53:27 AM »
Thanks for the explanations!

For types of tigers, I thought "the Frosted Flakes one" and for stained things I thought "a church's glass windows"

It's so weird seeing Dule Hill with hair after seeing him in Psych in my many watch throughs of the series.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2023, 09:18:39 PM »
Thanks for the explanations!

For types of tigers, I thought "the Frosted Flakes one" and for stained things I thought "a church's glass windows"

If this is a bonus round clue, I would probably buzz it.  The Frosted Flakes tiger is a tiger, not a type of tiger.  Siberian, Striped, etc are types of tigers.  I also think using "one" makes it too descriptive.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2023, 09:55:16 PM »
If this is a bonus round clue, I would probably buzz it.  The Frosted Flakes tiger is a tiger, not a type of tiger.  Siberian, Striped, etc are types of tigers.  I also think using "one" makes it too descriptive.

Ah okay, that makes sense. My bad!

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2023, 11:19:33 PM »
this time I going to try to do it as it is going instead of after finishing. first half part 1 I would love to hear more for the mechanical bull. I love how they were talking about them not allowing them to say that word (One of the many S words) Creek on good morning america. I know they have governmental standards. granted I think this show (this episode at least sometimes it does Air after 10) airs before watershed. The dead thing category was amazingly played. so there was nothing to do with dinosaurs, like nothing (it was basically misnamed). geography at its finest "like the one city in Maryland". The first half was great the second half first part was great.The second Half first bonus round in which he said "the bank , your wallet" made me laugh. I love that you cannot take your kid to work day category, The final bonus round was good to. good game over all, not much to comment on.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2023, 10:00:42 PM »
On the August 27th episode: Bit of a delay in the cuckoo for saying “mud”. And saying “two word” (type of dance) should not have been allowed.

Slow and steady won the race for the first $50K. I thought of “a corral” first for Places With Horses.

“Dark room” came to my mind immediately when I saw Photography Terms. I would have added “a waiting room” to “a chair” and “a sofa” for Places You Sit, and “Bachelor’s” and “Doctorate” to “Master’s” for Types of Degrees. And how about “a sauna” and “a romance novel” for Steamy Things?

I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen a main game round of zero out of seven before tonight, in any iteration of Pyramid. Maybe a long, long time ago.

Only if needed, I would have added “a well-dressed man” to the contestant’s list for Sharp Things. (Perhaps it’s too dated a reference, but I’m old school. 😊) “Cuckoo” was excellent for Types of Clocks; may I add “Grandfather” if need be?

Yeah, I thought he said “Knoxville” instead of “Nashville”. Point taken (away).

I don't want to be sexist, but I would have said "HER register" and "HER change drawer" for Things a Cashier Uses. And good clues given for Things That Give You Bad Breath; I too would have tried to include something about the morning. Perhaps "sleeping and waking up" to go along with the others?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 10:09:16 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2023, 10:04:33 PM »
The first half of the first game with The Goldbergs alum Wendi McLendon-Covey and recurring Ghosts actor Matt Walsh was somewhat so-so, but a $50,000 win made up for it. Not to mention a Mystery 7 win (which I think could been made into a honeymoon for the contestant and their spouse.) in the second half of that game.

Two good clues for name dropped Regis Philbin in the front game in the first game, one of which would have been a deep dive: "He was Kelly Ripa's cohost before Michael Strahan." or "He hosted he hosted Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?"

A good clue for Things That Are Red in the second half's bonus round would have also been the color of your dress.

Also, two celebrities I could recognize from the Season 7 promo were returnee Lisa Ann Walter (Abbott Elementary and the late 90s version of The Parent Trap) and Jesse Tyler Fergerson.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2023, 10:06:38 PM »
A good clue for Things That Are Red in the second half's bonus round would have also been the color of your dress.
That is a "too descriptive" prepositional phrase that probably would have been buzzed. Perhaps just "your dress" (as the actual thing that's red)?

Online PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2023, 10:08:33 PM »
Burger: Cheese, lettuce, ketchup, pickles, bacon
Horses: Stable, corral, race track
Jazz: "I'm the music associated with New Orleans."
Steamy: Bathroom, sauna, kitchen
Pat Sajak: "I'm the host of "Wheel Of Fortune"., "I recently announced my retirement".
Clock: Cuckoo, grandfather, Big Ben
Islands: Hawaii, Sicily, Gilligan's, Bahama's
Red: Stop light, blood, Elmo, Lucy's hair

Total cash won: $117,000 Season total: $1,833,000
1 Mystery 7 win
1st 0 score on this version?

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2023, 10:11:50 PM »
That is a "too descriptive" prepositional phrase that probably would have been buzzed. Perhaps just "your dress" (as the actual thing that's red)?

Yeah, I knew that would have been buzzed but I think Superman's cape or Iron Man's/The Flash's suit would have been another good clue too.